(NSFW)I'm loving these special edition Shout Factory Blurays

Non Vinnie discussion
strangeways
Location: United States of America (Greater Chicagoland area)

(NSFW)I'm loving these special edition Shout Factory Blurays

Post by strangeways »

I'm totally digging these Shout Factory special editions of movies of yore.

I especially appreciate the Halloween II edition. All new interviews with the people that made the movie that confirm how most everyone hated the script (the first director offered the movie backed out immediately after seeing said script) and backs up my assertion that outside of the beginning and end of the film it's a pretty worthless follow up to a horror classic.

All editions come with new behind the scenes features and interviews.
It's great to see the casts / crew of some of these films as they are now.

ImageImage
ImageImage

Coming next month are.....
http://www.blogs.suntimes.com/foreignc/ ... force.html
http://www.aintitcool.com/node/54563
http://www.feoamante.com/Movies/Vampire ... SkM0ld4J8E
+ the FOG
"Stairway to the stars, I think I'll write good health to you." - Albert Bouchard / Richard Meltzer / Donald Roeser
"Vinnie Vincent saved Kiss. It's just too bad he couldn't save himself." - Me
KissMyAss

Re: (NSFW)I'm loving these special edition Shout Factory Blu

Post by KissMyAss »

strangeways wrote:I'm totally digging these Shout Factory special editions of movies of yore.

I especially appreciate the Halloween II edition. All new interviews with the people that made the movie that confirm how most everyone hated the script (the first director offered the movie backed out immediately after seeing said script) and backs up my assertion that outside of the beginning and end of the film it's a pretty worthless follow up to a horror classic.

All editions come with new behind the scenes features and interviews.
It's great to see the casts / crew of some of these films as they are now.

ImageImage
ImageImage

Coming next month are.....
http://www.blogs.suntimes.com/foreignc/ ... force.html
http://www.aintitcool.com/node/54563
http://www.feoamante.com/Movies/Vampire ... SkM0ld4J8E
+ the FOG

I loved Halloween II. It completed the first movie. There are not a lot of plot twists in Halloween II but they are memorable. It probably wouldn't make a very good book, but the music and the visuals redeemed it. John Carpenter is the master of freaking people out. The Thing scared the shit out of me.
Live life as though it is the third law; "to every action there is an equal and opposite reaction." Rules apply whether we are cognizant of them or oblivious.
AnkhWarrior

Post by AnkhWarrior »

Movies back in the day were the shit...everything goes more and more down hill as time goes on.
PinkWiz

Post by PinkWiz »

Yes, shitty remakes of classics are all that's left today.
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

As long as they don't touch Police Squad/Naked Gun series, I'm happy! Look at the fustercluck they did with Get Smart! Steve Correll = poo!
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
AnkhWarrior

Post by AnkhWarrior »

And how DARE they touch the Wizard of Oz! Don't want to live on this planet anymore. Vinnie is a meanie butt who wont come out the shadows, music/movies suck, everyone's becoming obese, everything gives ya cancer....please take me awayyy
AceAlive1

Post by AceAlive1 »

halloween 3, they live and future world!!!! :D :D :D
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

for every bad movie made a good movie isn't made. These remakes are just easy to pitch and raise money for and they can give a stock writer a pay day as well as everyone else.
Funny thing is that when these guys say a movie costs 30 million dollars or whatever they only give the director / production manager if he or she is lucky HALF of that and all the rest goes back to the guys who raised the money for so called 'consultancy fees' so basically the exec producer and producers are getting an easy 15 million to share out. Then after the film is released the distributor takes half of the profits and the producers 25% leaving pretty much nothing left after costs.
Bye Bye
MatthewF

Post by MatthewF »

I also heard the vast majority of the budget is the salary of the big name star in it (A-listers).
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Yeah. They pay the stars and themselves. I had to laugh. A french company I worked with offered 2 million euros like 2.5 million dollars for funding part of the film. Part of the contact was 1 million is paid back to them for consultancy fees. So they give you 2 mil and take back 1 mil as soon as they give it. To do this it also costs 100 thousand in lawyers fees which you have yo use there firm and another 50k in hiring there auditor. So 2 million is now 850 thousand before you have it.

Thats the way it works.
Bye Bye
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

That's pretty crap!!!!
Commander in chief - VVF Army
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Forgot to add... they give you 2 mil and then take 1 mil back but when it comes to the stake they own in the film its still 2 million. So when they get their investment back its based on 2 million investment plus they get their 2 mil back before profit sharing which they still have a 2 mil stake in even though they already have it back plus 1 mil for consultancy.
Its a crazy industry .. music industry is similar in some cases.
Bye Bye
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Can I do that on a smaller scale? Give 2k, get 1k back and still be owed 2k etc?

That would be sweet!!
Commander in chief - VVF Army
MatthewF

Post by MatthewF »

Sounds like something the mob would do jesus......
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

And worse still the 2 mil is considered a loan so they get that back but still have 2 mil of ownership of film.
Bye Bye
KissMyAss

Post by KissMyAss »

PinkWiz wrote:Yes, shitty remakes of classics are all that's left today.

Safe formulas. What in the world happened to originality?
Live life as though it is the third law; "to every action there is an equal and opposite reaction." Rules apply whether we are cognizant of them or oblivious.
metatron

Post by metatron »

doublev2 wrote:Forgot to add... they give you 2 mil and then take 1 mil back but when it comes to the stake they own in the film its still 2 million. So when they get their investment back its based on 2 million investment plus they get their 2 mil back before profit sharing which they still have a 2 mil stake in even though they already have it back plus 1 mil for consultancy.
Its a crazy industry .. music industry is similar in some cases.
It cause reality is not what we think it is....Like the Matrix

The Matrix draws from and makes reference to numerous cinematic and literary works, and concepts from mythology, religion and philosophy. The premise of The Matrix can be tied into Plato's Allegory of the Cave. According to Plato's theory of Forms, the true essence or definition of an object is not what we perceive with our senses, but rather the quality that makes it that object. Plato likened people who were uneducated in this theory to being chained in a cave. A fire glows behind them and they see the shadows of objects passing along the wall, but not the actual objects themselves. These people perceive the shadows as reality and thus do not know the true form of the objects, and therefore, are prisoners to this false perception of reality

We are presented with what we think is reality, but behind the the curtain other things are at play. We accept the lies.
I got Jesus in my fax machine. I saw Ho Chi Minh down @ Burger King. I dated Vinnie Vincent as a Drag Queen. I still don't understand a f**kin' thing.
I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass and I'm all out of bubble gum.
MatthewF

Post by MatthewF »

*makes small jacking motion with his hand*
strangeways

Post by strangeways »

MatthewF wrote:*makes small jacking motion with his hand*
www.aintitcool.com/node/54563
:wink:

***EXCLUSIVE ANNOUNCEMENT! "SWAMP THING" RISES @ SCREAM FACTORY!***

Surprise! Wes Craven's 1982 Cult Comic Book Classic SWAMP THING (starring horror fan favorite Adrienne Barbeau) will be arriving this summer on Blu-ray for the first time!

As always, we are planning to provide as many bells and whistles as we can on this release, but we felt it was important to tell you early on that we will only be able to present the 91 minute U.S. cut of the film (the same version MGM has released on DVD since '05) and not the 93 minute "unrated" international version as we had originally hoped for. This is due to legal issues that are out of our control and we hope you understand.

Stay tuned for more specific details – including exact street date - that will be revealed in the next 2-3 months.

"Stairway to the stars, I think I'll write good health to you." - Albert Bouchard / Richard Meltzer / Donald Roeser
strangeways

Post by strangeways »

http://www.thedigitalbits.com/columns/m ... 41113_1600
Shout! Factory and their Scream Factory label have revealed the cover artwork for their upcoming Blu-ray/DVD Combo release of John Carpenter’s The Fog (due on 7/30).
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

I have always felt from a very young age, that Adrienne Barbeau should get a good tasting of the Poserboy's German link.
ImageImage
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

Those are good pictures of her!

Who could ever forget her playing the mean,drunk and bitch wife of Hal Holbrook in the first Creep Show movie or the true cock bait in Swamp Thing?