FUCKING ORWELLIAN DOUCHEBAGS

Non Vinnie discussion
MatthewF

FUCKING ORWELLIAN DOUCHEBAGS

Post by MatthewF »

I was able to find a volunteer opportunity working with the courts after today I was going to be able to at least put SOMETHING on my resume only to be dragged in to see a court administrator on my VERY LAST DAY of training. Apparently the fact that I posted on FB a picture making fun of the hypocrisy of the American court system and it's lenient sentences for women was enough for them to decide that I was disturbed and not able to be a child advocate. I guess that privacy setting doesnt do crap when it comes to someone with just a little bit of legal knowledge......
They never said exactly what but I imagine it was the jokes I posted in my albums. I just deleted them and will now be deleting the entire account once I get word from any of my friends if they want my email.
God forbid someone such as myself should have an opinion that is outside of the mainstream. I just hope deleting the albums and then deleting the FB account will be enough to stop such Orwellian prejudgement. Seriously I got kicked off a volunteer program for not being PC and feminist enough, I swear.
I hope that at least I can find something that doesnt have to do with the courts and I hope they dont try to fuck me over with a permanent mark on my record.
We are not YET at the point of judging someone to be a Norman Bates if they dont have an FB account so I hope there is still time and I hope that they dont use internet archives either.....
shramiac

Re: FUCKING ORWELLIAN DOUCHEBAGS

Post by shramiac »

What a crock! A generic posting, not directed at an individual and not advocating violence towards women can cost you a job? Feel for you man!
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
MatthewF

Post by MatthewF »

I wouldnt be surprised if it isnt reverse sexism. Shit like this happens then they wonder why they cant get men to work with kids or be teachers. I imagine I will run into one of those women and ask them about their facebook profiles and have them tell me they have similar things on their FB
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Happens on planes doesn't it! They'll ask a man to move if he's they only person seated next to a child.
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

This is one of the reasons why I don't use my real name on Facebook.
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
MatthewF

Post by MatthewF »

I was thinking of making a fake facebook with my real name but using the one with the pseudonym so that if any employer asks for a FB account I have a sanitized one to give them. That way I am not singled out because I dont have one.

Post by 1031 »

Thats why my privacy is set to friends only no one can see it unless I friend you. ....

And if a employer ask's if I have a face book page,, I simply respond, sorry I am married and were not swingers. if they try to explain it, I continue with,, no really I am very uncomfortable talking about my sex life with you.
Guitars good, drugs booze.. bad

The worlds best qoute ever
"take your Massengill-soaked vibrator from your wretched gutter clam"
MatthewF

Post by MatthewF »

I did have to set to friends only as well. Apparently they can sub-peona facebook for the account password if the employer wants it that bad.
That's why I deleted my real name used the name of a fake mobster, changed my birthday, deleted all pics of myself, deleted my identifying emails, and my work history.
No no one can find me on FB

Post by 1031 »

Employers cant subpoena your password, that would require them to sue you for a loss or issue a complaint that you have broken the law " stolen from them" and that would require require them to proved proof to the court that this happened.

At least in the US

there about six states that its against the law for them to ask, now its fairly ambiguous weather or not they can fire you for not providing it and not risk wrongful termination lawsuit. They can always just not hire you, they don't have to give a reason . In your case they used your potential bias against you for a job that would require a non bias judgement of the safety of a child.

Not that I dont agree with you, I could tell you a horror story that involved a father trying to get sole custody of his child from his ex-wife where the child should have been removed day one but took almost two years.
And I agree that its like the pot calling the kettle black in a system rot with political favors left leaning judges and where the dollar weighs more than justice.
Guitars good, drugs booze.. bad

The worlds best qoute ever
"take your Massengill-soaked vibrator from your wretched gutter clam"