Post by 1031 »

Really a song about forest gump ?
Guitars good, drugs booze.. bad

The worlds best qoute ever
"take your Massengill-soaked vibrator from your wretched gutter clam"
AnkhWarrior

Re: Thanks Vinnie

Post by AnkhWarrior »

Shame on you Vinnie for forcing us to have to listen to this!!!
PinkWiz

Post by PinkWiz »

ha... tone deaf puppet tryin to be deep.
KissMyAss

Post by KissMyAss »

Wow. What a phony. That was so emotionally manipulative. I never knew a fictitional character could be patronized. You're so strong, Forrest Gump. I'll never forget YOU.

That was sickening, stupid, and FAKE.
Live life as though it is the third law; "to every action there is an equal and opposite reaction." Rules apply whether we are cognizant of them or oblivious.
KissMyAss

Post by KissMyAss »

Don't blame this atrocity on Vinnie. The mass of consumers have lost all tastes in music.
Live life as though it is the third law; "to every action there is an equal and opposite reaction." Rules apply whether we are cognizant of them or oblivious.
KissMyAss

Post by KissMyAss »

Has a shallow American culture ended the arts?

http://voices.yahoo.com/music-21st-cent ... 73919.html

Music and 21st Century Culture on the Decline

Popular Music Helps Define Modern Culture

It is often said the music that is popular in a given cultural helps define the current society. This article examines todays popular music scene and it's role in early 21st century culture in the United States.
Early American Music

Over the last 100 years or so America has been a hot bed of producing incredible original music and musical styles. American music has been enjoyed throughout the world and gone a long way to be one of the few things people in foreign nations find appealing about the United States.

One of the greatest triumphs of American music has been the invention and subsequent development of the "Blues Scale". The blues scale is unique to the United States and has brought forth several other forms of music with rock and roll being a superior achievement.

Blues and jazz (originally spelled "jass"), was developed out of many forms of early American music taken from both the early White and Black cultures. It is truly American music that details combined efforts that make this country a true melting pot of many talents and cultural patchwork.

The mutual understanding of American music derived from the blues and jazz has been one of the main bridges built by musicians to help rein in racism in the United States. White and Black musicians were the first to integrate in a cultural way and paved the path for common ground that all could eventually relate to.

21st Century Music

The last 100 years has seen the development of American music on a linear or exponential scale in the positive direction. This positive direction seems to have changed since the turn of this century to a more negative route.

It is easy to see that American music has taken a U-turn for the worse. Creativity has become stagnant. What is considered good music in today's music scene can only be described as superficial and redundant. The truly great music of today is merely a rehash or remaking of what has come before it.

Many older musicians agree that modern music is rubbish. To quote Bob Dylan "I don't know anybody who's made a record that sounds decent in the past 20 years, really. You listen to these modern records, they're atrocious, they have sound all over them. There's no definition of nothing, no vocal, no nothing, just like ... static...."

What Today's Music Says About Our Culture

Music, being a major indicator of culture, points to America's current culture as being uncreative and trivial. Modern music in America has taken a back seat to the stimulation of music fans visual senses over auditory. Today's music is more about sexual arousal and the drugged mind than real talent and creativity.

Many Americans are living in a fantasy world oblivious to true reality. Music is not the only cultural expression that lacks creativity and substance.

Our food has become instant and tasteless, movies and TV shows are meaningless and lack character. Cars lack the style of previous production vehicles. Work ethics have been flushed down the toilet. Ideas that made this country great have declined into oblivion.

The Future Direction of Music

The future of modern music looks dismal. Considering the garbage that is being produced by the younger generation there seems to be no hope for the immediate advancement of American music. This drivel can easily be shown by the popularity of such "artists" as Lady Gaga, Rebecca Black, Justin Bieber, and many others.

Take notice that the most popular "stars" have no real talent. Computer generated celebrities will be next on the agenda. Movie producers are already using computer graphics to take the work out of what use to require real talent and creative thought. Reality is being redefined in today's society as being something that is more surreal and dreamlike.

The odds show that there will be a definitive moment in the future that may awaken one of the upcoming generations to change this path of musical destruction to a positive direction. It is said that when one hits the bottom there is only one way left to go.
MatthewF

Post by MatthewF »

Work ethics have been flushed down the toilet.
Easy to say when we are in bad economic times and corporations use those times as an excuse to get rid of people.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

MatthewF wrote:
Easy to say when we are in bad economic times and corporations use those times as an excuse to get rid of people.
AMEN.
Some of us were raised properly and have a great work ethic with nowhere to let it shine.
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
AnkhWarrior

Post by AnkhWarrior »

Like I said in a different thread, somene get me a frickin time machine!
PinkWiz

Post by PinkWiz »

poserboy71 wrote:
MatthewF wrote:
AMEN.
Some of us were raised properly and have a great work ethic with nowhere to let it shine.
:idea: :idea: right on.
Lil' Jack Horny

Post by Lil' Jack Horny »

KissMyAss wrote:Has a shallow American culture ended the arts?

http://voices.yahoo.com/music-21st-cent ... 73919.html

Music and 21st Century Culture on the Decline

Popular Music Helps Define Modern Culture

It is often said the music that is popular in a given cultural helps define the current society. This article examines todays popular music scene and it's role in early 21st century culture in the United States.
Early American Music

Over the last 100 years or so America has been a hot bed of producing incredible original music and musical styles. American music has been enjoyed throughout the world and gone a long way to be one of the few things people in foreign nations find appealing about the United States.

One of the greatest triumphs of American music has been the invention and subsequent development of the "Blues Scale". The blues scale is unique to the United States and has brought forth several other forms of music with rock and roll being a superior achievement.

Blues and jazz (originally spelled "jass"), was developed out of many forms of early American music taken from both the early White and Black cultures. It is truly American music that details combined efforts that make this country a true melting pot of many talents and cultural patchwork.

The mutual understanding of American music derived from the blues and jazz has been one of the main bridges built by musicians to help rein in racism in the United States. White and Black musicians were the first to integrate in a cultural way and paved the path for common ground that all could eventually relate to.

21st Century Music

The last 100 years has seen the development of American music on a linear or exponential scale in the positive direction. This positive direction seems to have changed since the turn of this century to a more negative route.

It is easy to see that American music has taken a U-turn for the worse. Creativity has become stagnant. What is considered good music in today's music scene can only be described as superficial and redundant. The truly great music of today is merely a rehash or remaking of what has come before it.

Many older musicians agree that modern music is rubbish. To quote Bob Dylan "I don't know anybody who's made a record that sounds decent in the past 20 years, really. You listen to these modern records, they're atrocious, they have sound all over them. There's no definition of nothing, no vocal, no nothing, just like ... static...."

What Today's Music Says About Our Culture

Music, being a major indicator of culture, points to America's current culture as being uncreative and trivial. Modern music in America has taken a back seat to the stimulation of music fans visual senses over auditory. Today's music is more about sexual arousal and the drugged mind than real talent and creativity.

Many Americans are living in a fantasy world oblivious to true reality. Music is not the only cultural expression that lacks creativity and substance.

Our food has become instant and tasteless, movies and TV shows are meaningless and lack character. Cars lack the style of previous production vehicles. Work ethics have been flushed down the toilet. Ideas that made this country great have declined into oblivion.

The Future Direction of Music

The future of modern music looks dismal. Considering the garbage that is being produced by the younger generation there seems to be no hope for the immediate advancement of American music. This drivel can easily be shown by the popularity of such "artists" as Lady Gaga, Rebecca Black, Justin Bieber, and many others.

Take notice that the most popular "stars" have no real talent. Computer generated celebrities will be next on the agenda. Movie producers are already using computer graphics to take the work out of what use to require real talent and creative thought. Reality is being redefined in today's society as being something that is more surreal and dreamlike.

The odds show that there will be a definitive moment in the future that may awaken one of the upcoming generations to change this path of musical destruction to a positive direction. It is said that when one hits the bottom there is only one way left to go.
I just want to go on record saying that Rebecca Black was a minor blip on the radar and has now faded into obscurity, Justin Bieber, yeah, there's not much of anything there, but I personally feel that Lady Gaga is one of the few new pop artists who actually have both talent and an interesting visual style. While her last album was not very good, I do quite enjoy the first two, songs like The Fame are reminiscent of something Madonna would do.

The problem is not that music has gotten progressively worse, it's just that this is the music we hear about the most, which is unfortunate because there are plenty of talented artists out there with less of a following....like me.
I prowl the innocent, forbidden terrain, unleashed half human, half insane
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

I hate 99% of modern music.
Bye Bye
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Yes, Gaga is awesome! I wasn't that into Born this Way, but it's very good, just different. Sounds fantastic through headphones.

Bad Romance is a brilliant song. Her last two tours were amazing.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Gaga is talented. I wish she would have went further in her own direction instead of raping some of Madonna's schtick.

NEWBEGINNINGS
AnkhWarrior

Post by AnkhWarrior »

I used to like Lady KaKa until I found out she is a devoted Satanist. NEVER seen it coming.
AnkhWarrior

Post by AnkhWarrior »

doublev2 wrote:I hate 99% of modern music.
With ya on that
PinkWiz

Post by PinkWiz »

doublev2 wrote:I hate 99% of modern music.
:idea: :idea:
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

AnkhWarrior wrote:I used to like Lady KaKa until I found out she is a devoted Satanist. NEVER seen it coming.
Oh come on, where is that coming from. She's actually too Christian for my liking.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

This has got to be some kind of joke played by the recording industry. I can just hear the meeting between executives," I bet this will sell millions if we get this bozo on the Grammys"

Lyrics:
I wanna see your pom poms from the stands
Come on, come on

My fingertips, and my lips, they burn
From the cigarettes
Forrest Gump you run my mind boy
Running on my mind boy
Forrest Gump

I know you Forrest
I know you wouldn't hurt a beetle
But you're so buff, and so strong
I'm nervous Forrest

Forrest Gump
Now my fingertips, and my lips, they burn
From the cigarettes
Forrest Gump you run my mind boy
Running on my mind boy
Forrest Gump

I saw ya game, Forrest
I was screamin' run 44
But you kept runnin' past the end zone
Oh where'd you go Forrest

Forrest Gump
And my fingertips, and my lips, they burn
From the cigarettes
Forrest Gump you run my mind boy (yea)
Running on my mind boy
Forrest Gump

Forrest green
Forrest blues
I re-mem-ber you
If this is love, I know it's true
I won't For-get you (you)
(oh you you) it's for you Forrest
(oh you you) it's for you Forrest

Outro:
If this is love
I know it's true
I won't
For-get-you

NEWBEGINNINGS
AnkhWarrior

Post by AnkhWarrior »

Genebaby wrote:
AnkhWarrior wrote:I used to like Lady KaKa until I found out she is a devoted Satanist. NEVER seen it coming.
Oh come on, where is that coming from. She's actually too Christian for my liking.
She wears the baphomet in her jewelry, on her clothes, had her hairbstyled to LOOK like the baphomet, wore upside down crosses, etc. Even said so herself shes a Satanist. But most people these days take it as some sort of joke. Celebs will say openly they are Satanists because they know the public will think theyre just joking when actually theyre quite serious :P
Lil' Jack Horny

Post by Lil' Jack Horny »

Whether or not Lady Gaga's a satanist doesn't matter; this is America. People don't seem to understand that performers make their living off of getting reactions from people.
I prowl the innocent, forbidden terrain, unleashed half human, half insane
AnkhWarrior

Post by AnkhWarrior »

While that is true, there are times when celebs simply aren't joking. But since the Americab people are dumbed down now, they don't onow any better. People can listen to and believe what they wish, but I know what I know through research and choose tovnot support those type of celebs. ^_^ that is all.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

What is that crap Rick?
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Those are the lyrics to the song in my first post.

NEWBEGINNINGS
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Now thats good.
Bye Bye
ankh

Post by ankh »

ok,just in case:

http://www.teenageexorcists.com/bob-larson/

[youtube][/youtube]
“Men are apt to be much more influenced by words than by the actual facts of the surrounding reality.” I.Pavlov

MY YOU TUBE CHANNEL:
http://www.youtube.com/user/mesolimbicn ... sults_main

Lemmy: "Can you hear this horrible sound coming out of my monitors?"
Monitor guy: "No."
Lemmy: "Neither can I.Turn me up!"
metatron

Post by metatron »

I've taken turds that have more musical creditability than that shit.
I got Jesus in my fax machine. I saw Ho Chi Minh down @ Burger King. I dated Vinnie Vincent as a Drag Queen. I still don't understand a f**kin' thing.
I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass and I'm all out of bubble gum.
metatron

Post by metatron »

Yer, really, I have. :evil:
I got Jesus in my fax machine. I saw Ho Chi Minh down @ Burger King. I dated Vinnie Vincent as a Drag Queen. I still don't understand a f**kin' thing.
ankh

Post by ankh »

talking about religion,devil and music.................

[youtube][/youtube]
“Men are apt to be much more influenced by words than by the actual facts of the surrounding reality.” I.Pavlov

MY YOU TUBE CHANNEL:
http://www.youtube.com/user/mesolimbicn ... sults_main

Lemmy: "Can you hear this horrible sound coming out of my monitors?"
Monitor guy: "No."
Lemmy: "Neither can I.Turn me up!"
AnkhWarrior

Post by AnkhWarrior »

metatron wrote:I've taken turds that have more musical creditability than that shit.
XD yes, the sounds of them coming out make more beautiful notes than todays garbage
metatron

Post by metatron »

ankh wrote:talking about religion,devil and music.................

[youtube][/youtube]
:D