The time is almost right.............

General Vinnie Vincent Discussion
moracle

The time is almost right.............

Post by moracle »

Just you guys wait. Vinnie is to return in 2013 with a totally new partner in crime. Some of you will never believe it but studio time has been booked in a well known studio in North Wales, UK with non other than Mick Hucknall formerly of Simply Red. A bizarre pairing indeed but apparently the guys get on really well. They met a couple of years back in Canada through a mutual kiss related friend. After chatting about music, they decided to try and write some songs together. Approx 5 or so songs have been written, said to be in a vein more suited to easy jazz !

My contact has suggested that studio time is tentatively booked for July / August this year with a plan to announce the project in Spring 2013. It is also suggested that Vinnie will NOT be going under the VV monicker but something that will completely baffle all of you !!

Stay tuned. More info as I get it. 8)
WizKid

Re: The time is almost right.............

Post by WizKid »

Source or GTFO
Check out the Decibel Geek Podcast at http://dbgeekshow.blogspot.com/
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Can you explain? We have heard so much like this over the years. I know a few people who have direct lines to Mick .
Bye Bye
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

What studio please as my band has recorded in just about every welsh studio.
Bye Bye

Post by 1031 »

BAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAHAHAHAAAHAHAHAAAHHAHAHAHAHA :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: catches breath... BABABAHAHAHABAHAABAHA :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Guitars good, drugs booze.. bad

The worlds best qoute ever
"take your Massengill-soaked vibrator from your wretched gutter clam"
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Its an extreme story that i am willing to believe until i check it out. However no way did vv go to Canada revently, thats for sure.
Bye Bye
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Where did they write the songs together?
Bye Bye
Streetbeat

Post by Streetbeat »

BS, what's the fun of create stories out of the blue like that ? then nothing happens ...
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

We hear this stuff a lot but incase I am willing to listen if he can come up with some facts. Remember the one when vv lives on los Angeles and is recording. Some guy told me he was recording with ah-ha and many more as well as vv giving someone a guitar from a bus. They all end up getting pissed when they are questioned. I am willing to believe this one with more info rather than watch this space and I can not say anymore etc.
Bye Bye
wolfgang161272

Post by wolfgang161272 »

That's never ever true ! He's not going out of his house - but go to Canada...sure!
LOL

Wolfi
gonnarock

Post by gonnarock »

moracle wrote:Just you guys wait. Vinnie is to return in 2013 with a totally new partner in crime. Some of you will never believe it but studio time has been booked in a well known studio in North Wales, UK with non other than Mick Hucknall formerly of Simply Red. A bizarre pairing indeed but apparently the guys get on really well. They met a couple of years back in Canada through a mutual kiss related friend. After chatting about music, they decided to try and write some songs together. Approx 5 or so songs have been written, said to be in a vein more suited to easy jazz !

My contact has suggested that studio time is tentatively booked for July / August this year with a plan to announce the project in Spring 2013. It is also suggested that Vinnie will NOT be going under the VV monicker but something that will completely baffle all of you !!

Stay tuned. More info as I get it. 8)
2013, but but but I AM IMPATIENT. :lol:
Well, if it is 2013, I can be patient and wait. As I have waited since I was 15. Simply Red?? Odd pairing indeed, but it might work...And Jazz, I don't know why but if I was to say Vinnie would have a come back I could see his transition into jazz work so well. Its really something that could be meant for him. Jazz players are some of the most gifted musicians on the planet.

And he isn't going to be Vinnie Vincent anymore? But...But I love that name. Vinnie Vincent, it gives me chills. :twisted:
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

take this with of salt until please. we have this kind of random suggestion all the time.
Bye Bye
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

I can't recall what band I just saw Mick sing with BUT his voice has held up very well and he was also belting out some rockin' shit as well.
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

no doubt it would be good but i can not see it..
1. happening
2. being a band if it did happen
Bye Bye
moracle

Post by moracle »

Hey guys...

For further info, I don't know the name Vinnie or indeed the project is going to be known as. The only thing that was hinted was that Vinnie's new name / possible 'alter ego' is going to completely bizarre.

I don't know if this will be a band effort or go under the Hucknall name ( it would make more sense to go under Mick's name if exposure is important to him/them ). The guess is that it'll be some kind of pairing similar to the Nuno / Rihanna thing.

The studio is Monnow Valley Studios in Monmouth and the reason this 'news' came about was my husband works for a music management company ( NMC ) and one of their bands is recording there, got talking to 'somone' there and whilst talking about music etc my husband mentioned being an old school kiss fan ( as we both are ) - hence Vinnie's name popping up.

Other than what I've said, i don't know any more details. Don't know where or when the songs were written, when Vinnie went to Canada etc...or even why he's going to the UK. Just found it interesting that Vinnie is pairing up with Mick ( can't be any cheesier than Dan Hartman ! ). I've lurked here every now and then and thought i'd join up and share what we'd heard.

Anyway guys, as I say, If I find any more info out, i'll be sure to let you guys know asap.

Peace.
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

ok, but monmouth is not north wales but i forgive you for that.
And why are they talking about what vv's name will be? Surely they know or it wouldn't be a talking point. Thanks. I know someone who works at the studio and I will call tomorrow.
Bye Bye
Vdog

Post by Vdog »

It's a very strange thing indeed. I mean...Rhianna & Nuno are one thing. Hucknall is a weird looking creature these days, couple that with Vinnie the Pooh and you might just have the most bizarre pairing on earth. Ho hum, we'll see. At this stage I think someone has got their wires crossed.
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

yes i think so. I can not think who else from kiss would be writing with him. Also I find it strange they would just say his alias is going to be really strange.. they must have heard something? also why would they know about a meeting in Canada.

Can you tell us the band recording at the moment if you don't mind? thanks
Bye Bye
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

NMC http://www.northernmusic.co.uk/
based in Bradford. Strange we were just talking about that city yesterday. this is a total head trip. Can your husband sign up here and let us know more?
Bye Bye
PinkWiz

Post by PinkWiz »

moracle wrote:Hey guys...

For further info, I don't know the name Vinnie or indeed the project is going to be known as. The only thing that was hinted was that Vinnie's new name / possible 'alter ego' is going to completely bizarre.

I don't know if this will be a band effort or go under the Hucknall name ( it would make more sense to go under Mick's name if exposure is important to him/them ). The guess is that it'll be some kind of pairing similar to the Nuno / Rihanna thing.

The studio is Monnow Valley Studios in Monmouth and the reason this 'news' came about was my husband works for a music management company ( NMC ) and one of their bands is recording there, got talking to 'somone' there and whilst talking about music etc my husband mentioned being an old school kiss fan ( as we both are ) - hence Vinnie's name popping up.

Other than what I've said, i don't know any more details. Don't know where or when the songs were written, when Vinnie went to Canada etc...or even why he's going to the UK. Just found it interesting that Vinnie is pairing up with Mick ( can't be any cheesier than Dan Hartman ! ). I've lurked here every now and then and thought i'd join up and share what we'd heard.

Anyway guys, as I say, If I find any more info out, i'll be sure to let you guys know asap.

Peace.

oh, you're goooood! :wink:
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

i will be on the phone tomorrow, believe me. I can not stand fake rumours or if its true I want to hear it for myself.
Either way thanks monocle.
Bye Bye
youngnwasted

Post by youngnwasted »

Yes I'd like to know if this is true. If it is, I'm sure it'll be real low key. Maybe he's given up the shredding for more avant garde jazz stuff, but then again this could all be false.
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

he can do jazz and thats one reason why i listen to this more than i usually would. I still dont think its true but lets find out for sure. if it is true vv's cover will be blown and even if he tells them its confidential I will know if he is recording at that studio, but again this seems almost impossible. If it was happening in a nashville studio i could believe it more or if vv wasn't involved in the recording i could believe it but Vinnie in Wales.. no way. That studio is very good. Queen, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Sabbath and many more recorded at it. The town is ok, very quite and nice country side.
Bye Bye
gonnarock

Post by gonnarock »

moracle wrote:Hey guys...

Peace.
:D :D :D :D Oh my goodness. I can't wait to hear what you find out about this tomorrow Dino!!!! :D
n3p

Post by n3p »

My girlfriends mother lives close to Monmouth, in Abertillery - an ex mining town which has an insanely high unemployment rate...I really hate that part of the world! We visited on Christmas Day planning to stay over...I decided to take the 3 hour drive home that evening :lol:

Anyway, would be cool if this story was true, but if it was then Vinnie knows that we know which would probably make him cancel any plans!
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Simply Vincent??? Red Vinnie??? :P :P :P
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
n3p

Post by n3p »

Simply Suzi? Red Spyder? :D
ankh

Post by ankh »

[youtube][/youtube]
“Men are apt to be much more influenced by words than by the actual facts of the surrounding reality.” I.Pavlov

MY YOU TUBE CHANNEL:
http://www.youtube.com/user/mesolimbicn ... sults_main

Lemmy: "Can you hear this horrible sound coming out of my monitors?"
Monitor guy: "No."
Lemmy: "Neither can I.Turn me up!"
strangeways
Location: United States of America (Greater Chicagoland area)

Post by strangeways »

Is it April 1st yet?

It must be because this sounds like a gag to me.
"Stairway to the stars, I think I'll write good health to you." - Albert Bouchard / Richard Meltzer / Donald Roeser
"Vinnie Vincent saved Kiss. It's just too bad he couldn't save himself." - Me
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Hey n3p , Monmouth is the wealthiest town in Wales, seriously. Its called little England because its on the border and most people sound English. However Monmouthshire is very poor.
Bye Bye
n3p

Post by n3p »

Didn't know that! Although Abertillery is 30 miles away which for the UK is a fair distance.

The whole region of Abertillery/Pontypool/Cwmbran/Ebbw Vale is depressing to me though, the only good thing is the price of a pint! I think the houses there are some of the cheapest in the UK.

My friend has a cottage in North Wales (Clynnog Fawr) which is much nicer, although the locals aren't as friendly :lol:

Nick
Detroit

Post by Detroit »

One can not seriously believe this. Nonsense.
Only the truth can set you free
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

It's really really hard to believe . I think some people got their wires crossed. How could vinnie meet mick hucknall in Canada . I am sure the last time vv was in canada was his gig with vvi in the summer of 1988.
Bye Bye
metatron

Post by metatron »

Hi Monracle. Welcome to the site BTW.

[youtube][/youtube]
'I love the thought of Vinnie Vincent playing Jazz for me you.
Even though I know it for a small moment.
Yes I love the thought of it coming truth.
Just a little ray of that double vee shining through
Love (love the thought)
Even if I know he probably won't make it.
L-L-Love the thought
L-L-Love the thought'
:D

From sources I have , Mick Hucknall is very difficult to work with. Mid 2013 is a world away. Hope this project sees the light of day. Good luck to both Vinnie & Mick...Maybe the whole theory of a negative multiplied with another negative produces a positive may occur. Thanks for the heads up Monracle.
I got Jesus in my fax machine. I saw Ho Chi Minh down @ Burger King. I dated Vinnie Vincent as a Drag Queen. I still don't understand a f**kin' thing.
I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass and I'm all out of bubble gum.
PinkWiz

Post by PinkWiz »

If anyone believes this I gotta piece of land in Smyrna I wanna sell you... :idea:
Streetbeat

Post by Streetbeat »

Yes soon will be for sale !

Post by 1031 »

moracle wrote: The guess is that it'll be some kind of pairing similar to the Nuno / Rihanna thing.
With all respect there is no Nuno / Rihanna "thing" Nuno is just her bad ass guitar player, he gets no billing, You dont see him on her web site, its not Rihanna featuring Nuno he's just a hired guitar player.

While I dont know with all certainty that this is untrue, the odds are with his ego Vinnie would never allow that, he doesn't have the humility to just be somebody's bad ass guitar player. That's why every thing he has been involved in since joining Kiss has ended as a cluster fuck.

Of course this is just my opinion, and would love if I were to be completely wrong .. Vinnie put your funky jazz hat on and rock it.
Guitars good, drugs booze.. bad

The worlds best qoute ever
"take your Massengill-soaked vibrator from your wretched gutter clam"
Vdog

Post by Vdog »

It would be fun if he came to the UK. Perhaps I could write down a list of reasonable questions people would like an answer to. I could "work out " a few of my own issues with him. Could be good therapy for me :wink:

Ah who am I kidding. I'm pretty sure I'd just turn his lights out if I met him :twisted:
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Mick Hucknall would not be doing a duet with Vinnie. Vinnie also will demand very good terms on his music and I can not see why Hucknall would have vv playing on the record. I know VV is good but I think he would use his own musicians.

The whole thing about VV's new name is suspect to me. Again why would they be talking about it and his name. The studio most likely would have no clue who Vinnie is and certainly not that he hides his name. It would be just booked under Mick Hucknall.

I am certain now this is fake. Either she was told something incorrectly or she made it up. However I can easily find out.
Bye Bye
gonnarock

Post by gonnarock »

I can't wait to find out the answer to this latest Vinnie riddle. Part of me believes it, only because I could easily see Vinnie doing jazz. But then the other part is sceptical because it is such a bizarre pairing.
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

non of me believes it but out of respect for the person who mentioned it I will find out.
Bye Bye
Detroit

Post by Detroit »

gonnarock wrote:I can't wait to find out the answer to this latest Vinnie riddle. Part of me believes it, only because I could easily see Vinnie doing jazz. But then the other part is sceptical because it is such a bizarre pairing.
With Vinnie nothing has really happened for 20 years or so. It's understandable one is ready to believe almost anything both in good & bad. I'm sure VV can play jazz. I would love to hear him play jazz. I would love to hear anything from, in matter of fact:)

Doublev2: Please try to find out, if you can. Thanx in advance.
Only the truth can set you free
gonnarock

Post by gonnarock »

Detroit wrote:
gonnarock wrote:I can't wait to find out the answer to this latest Vinnie riddle. Part of me believes it, only because I could easily see Vinnie doing jazz. But then the other part is sceptical because it is such a bizarre pairing.
With Vinnie nothing has really happened for 20 years or so. It's understandable one is ready to believe almost anything both in good & bad. I'm sure VV can play jazz. I would love to hear him play jazz. I would love to hear anything from, in matter of fact:)

Doublev2: Please try to find out, if you can. Thanx in advance.
I would love to hear him play jazz as well. I think Vinnie is actually at a point right now where he could do any sort of musical endeavor, and I know I would buy it. :) (except rap... :lol: Vinnie you aren't gangsta. hehe)
KissMyAss

Post by KissMyAss »

8) I love Simply Red. Very soulful music. 8)
Live life as though it is the third law; "to every action there is an equal and opposite reaction." Rules apply whether we are cognizant of them or oblivious.