Guitars From Hell

For Registered members
Genebaby
Site Admin

Guitars From Hell

Post by Genebaby »

Here are two versions of Guitars From Hell I have, with some variances in some songs and better quality in one compared to the other at times.

What do you guys think?

Guitars from Hell Demos 1

http://www.mediafire.com/?32omx55d2zywwqi

Guitars from Hell Demos 2

http://www.mediafire.com/?lc33n4bz87bv5ic
Commander in chief - VVF Army
EricFoxx

Re: Guitars From Hell

Post by EricFoxx »

Thanx for uploading!
I just downloaded and listened to them, and realized that the first one is the same version of "Guitars from hell" as I had before. But the second one sounded a little bit different, so it's probably a digitalized from a different cassette-copy or something. I made a short review of "Guitars from Hell Demos 2" to compare them:

"Rocks on fire"
Sounds way better than the version on "Guitars from Hell Demos 1"! Better soundquality on this one, and it actually sounds fantastic for being just a demobootleg-song! The lenght of this song on GFHD1 is 05:47, but this version is for some reason cut at 04:36!

"Nuke it"
The first thing I noticed when I compared this version to GFHD1 (Guitars from Hell Demos 1) was that this version is in stereo-sound, unlike GFHD1 which is in mono. The sound is a bit better on this one too!

"Shocker"
Not much to say about this version compared to GFHD1. The soundquality is a bit higher on this one, that's all.

"Invincible"
I compared the two versions of it, and I must say that the version on GFHD1 is in my opinion the better one this time! The soundquality of this song is just a bit better at GFHD1.

"Truth"
A bit better soundquality on this one than the version on GFHD1. That's it, again.

"Full shredd" & "Wild child"
Okey - this is NOT the same versions as GFHD1! This is not the original recordnings from the "Guitars from hell"-session.
This is the newer versions that was released on the Euphoria-EP! That's a shame beacuse I was hoping to hear the versions of this two masterpieces from GFHD1 in higher quality, mainly beacuse I think that they are way better than the versions on the Euphoria-EP! If you want to hear the originals, listen to GFHD1!

"Youngblood"
Not from the Guitars from hell-session either. This is the version with Jeff Scott Soto on vocals from "The publishing tape, 1987/88(?)" If you want to hear the real Guitars from hell-version of this song with Robert on vocals, listen to GFHD1.

"Genesis"
Nothing different between the two versions. Same song, same copy, they sound the same.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Thanks for the review of these two versions, very handy!
Commander in chief - VVF Army
Euphoria

Post by Euphoria »

Wow.. this is interesting. I had only GFH Demos 2, I didn't even know the GFH Demos 1 existed! On my copy, as Eric said, 'Full Shred' and 'Wild Child' were the versions from the EP.

NOW. Anyone else who listens to it give your opinion on this...

Wild Child GFHD1: When the vocals start, the guitar is MUCH better incorporated into the mix of the song than in the EP/GFHD2 version. Everything feels more balanced to me. And I totally love the hopping drumbeatr with the backing vocals at the first bit. In the other version, I never even noticed that before.

Wild Child GFHD2: This is the EP version, so clearly the newest copy... but... obviously, in this one, I think the guitar is turned up way too much in the mix. The main riff from the start just overpowers it for me. And you don't hear the sweet drum beat so much. Which is sad. So why from the early demo, whic was pretty good, did VV suddenly beef up his guitar even more? For me too much!

It's like a throwback to the whole sneaking into the studio to make parts more prominent thing :lol:

So clearly it seems that for the EP version, VV had his parts turned up... well... naturally... but I think that adversely affected it more than helped it. Have a listen to that song and compare... see what you think!