ERIC CARR'S THE ROCKHEADS OFFICIAL LIMITED POSTER #1

Members only
Pyromax

ERIC CARR'S THE ROCKHEADS OFFICIAL LIMITED POSTER #1

Post by Pyromax »

Hello Everyone,

Since this is my second post for items for sale, I thought I would give a little history. I have been a Kiss fan for several years. (since 1976 when I obtained Kiss Alive!, and I was hooked). Since then I have collected and in order not to get kicked out of the house, I instead buy, sell, and trade to get items I want.

This week I picked up some of the original Eric Carr - The Rockheads Official Limited #1 Collectors Posters.
This poster was made from one of the original hand drawn scenes by Eric Carr in 1987 as he pursued
his dream to create and promote the Rockheads comics. This back alley original is an awesome example of his work.

These are now out of print, but I have a limited amount available on my site now....

http://www.lorendales.com/eric.html

Pyromax~~
vvf.jpg
erg2

Re: ERIC CARR'S THE ROCKHEADS OFFICIAL LIMITED POSTER #1

Post by erg2 »

I love, love, love Eric Carr but I could never get behind the Rockheads. Being somewhat famous, being in my favorite band and being extremely talented musically can't make me overlook the middle-school level illustrations. When I saw a Rockheads drawing for the very first time, I thought it was a doodle or a scribble that was going to lead to the reveal of the real artwork. I don't want to speak ill of the departed...especially of a personal hero...but it looks like stuff I was drawing in junior high. I wish Gene & Paul would've allowed him to do music side projects like playing with Frehley or recording a solo album. His spare time and true talents would've really shined.
Open your window and see the real world
To know what you've been missing
Come out of the shadows
Insecurity lies
In a heart afraid to listen
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

erg2, Well said. I agree with your viewpoint on the Rockheads.
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
Pyromax

Post by Pyromax »

A few years ago I found original Streetgang contracts of Eric's for sale. In those contracts Eric had
hired someone to help him develope the Rockheads. After talking with Eric's sister about this she
found Eric owned the artwork that was involved with these contracts that I later purchased to
keep the items together. This was created on 11/17/1990. It was my understanding that with Eric's
commitment to Kiss ect.. he had limited time to work on this and that he was looking at other ways to develope the characters, sadly the time needed to develope them was cut short. As you can see
they were looking at the Rockheads to mature in some way....
img010 - Copy.jpg
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

I like that example.

NEWBEGINNINGS
reneroxx

Post by reneroxx »

this is awsome :mrgreen:
This is Rudi.
Only one metal maniac ready to rock my ass off and get my ears bleeding.... ( Okay that was a bit intense)
Nah just stopping by! Here we are!!
A naughty naughty hobo! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
PinkWiz

Post by PinkWiz »

I could almost see the Rockheads as some kinda Aldut Swim cartoon. I liked the idea of them being ALL hair with just feet and arms and the "developed" drawing above took them to another level. The Rockheads would probably work better today with the 80's nostalgia and all.
erg2

Post by erg2 »

The second image there is so much better...but it's clearly not Eric doing the drawing. (Which you, of course, noted in your post.) I have seen dozens of drawings over the years and they were all the Eric Carr drawings and never by anyone else.
Open your window and see the real world
To know what you've been missing
Come out of the shadows
Insecurity lies
In a heart afraid to listen
Pyromax

Post by Pyromax »

I like the Adult Swim Idea... that would be awesome~ The contracts he had with the artist were all hand
written telling the artist his idea's and what he did and did'nt want him to do. Things like to just draw the
characters but not color them so Eric could work on them and choose the colors he wanted ect...
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

It would totally work on Adult Swim.

NEWBEGINNINGS