Anyone looking for a bad ass Ibanez JEM?

Members only
Slayer

Anyone looking for a bad ass Ibanez JEM?

Post by Slayer »

I've played this guitar and it's the BOMB! 8)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... K:MEWAX:IT
teej

Post by teej »

nice guitar ,,, BUT .. I cannot bring myself to part with that kind of money for a bolt on
We will make monkies of these monkies

One time owner of the first ever Monster VVV, and one time owner of the Origional series Jackson VVV
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Me too. Nice guitar BUT...
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Bolt ons are great gutiars at the high end. I play them, but more importantly, look at all the top players who choose them.

If neck thru really were the be all and end all then Vai would still be playing one.

I stayed away from bolt ons myself but after buying my SD1 I bought lots more.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

I like JEMS but I have never had to buy one because this friend has so many JEMS and RG's that I essentially have them at my disposal when I need an Ibanez Fix. Tom has been out of work for 6 months now so his guitar collection is thinning to pay the bills. This has also put him in a state where he is disinterested in playing guitar and sadly his disinterest has become my disinterest in playing guitar at times.

I have neck through and bolt on's and I like them both a lot. It just depends on the guitar! Actually my favorites in my collection are probably bolt ons.

Different strokes though! 8)

K
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

teej wrote:nice guitar ,,, BUT .. I cannot bring myself to part with that kind of money for a bolt on

It's like spending $8,ooo.oo on any guitar.

I don't remember Vai playing anything but a bolt on , I know he owns a black Les Paul.

NEWBEGINNINGS
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Vai used to play some Jackson Soloists when he also had his Green Meanie Charvel, which used to be Sunburst and used to belong to Grover.

Steve borrowed it and it never came back.

He had some guitars stolen, and next thing you know he's working with Ibanez. They would have paid him well whereas he had to pay to play Jacksons.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

I do remember the yellow "Steve EYE" Jackson Soloist now. I saw it hanging in the gift shop of the Hard Rock in Las Vegas about 10 years ago.
He got that one back at least.

NEWBEGINNINGS
teej

Post by teej »

I do love the sonic thing jem's have got going .. they play even by looking at them .. I came close to buying one a few yrs back but I just couldnt .. after playing neck thru for so long the bolt on just feels cheap .. and to pay 2 grand for something that feels cheap is just wrong in my book ... I find neck thru much more stable to play

One time owner of the first ever Monster VVV, and one time owner of the Origional series Jackson VVV
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

The Wizard profile bolt on neck is unique, very flat and very thin. Once these guitars are set up by Mark Dickerson of Wild West Guitars they come back with the action ultra low and the guitars practically play them self.

The attached is just some of Tom "Jixter" Tate's Collection

http://img840.imageshack.us/f/p1010003as.jpg/

http://img840.imageshack.us/f/p1010002fw.jpg/

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
teej

Post by teej »

thats a shit-load of guitars!

Slayer

Post by Slayer »

teej wrote:thats a shit-load of guitars!
And they are all Super Strat Variations. I prefer Strat's but I have to have some variety for my tastes
teej

Post by teej »

i hear ya .. I did like the vai and satch models but I am far from an Ibanez expert .. the others I've played I didnt like .. too easy to play .. I know that sounds stoopid but I like a challenge .. and the Jackson scale neck was different to anything I'd played (other than an 89 Phill Colen model)

Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Cool collection he's got there! 8)
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

I absolutely love the original series of Jems with the disappearing Pyramid inlays. The original colors were great as well.I love that Green one.

I had the chance about twenty years ago to buy a Root Beer Jem (dot inlay,oval monkey grip) but didn't and bought a Marshall Jubillee off of a buddy o' mine.

NEWBEGINNINGS