Red Charvel 1

Members only
doublev2

Re: Red Charvel 1

Post by doublev2 »

i emailed the guy who knows the guy who made it in New York. Will let you know as soon as I hear back. I doubt the body would be too expensive.
Bye Bye
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

thanks for waking my brain up .....lol.........about that red guitar ....its a guitarman guitar .....made by a old friend named ritchie friedman of the guitarman shop(RIP)....we buy and sell guitars of 48th street in nyc ...none are around anymore if you find the original video of rick derringer (I am a real american with hulk hogan) he's playing a usa flag one ....lou reed had a plexi-glass strat one all of them had emg's in them........ritichie has a online shop .....funny danny spitz of anthrax worked at guitarman before the trash boom ...lol
sorry been busy with life and rebuild a dulcimer and a strat.....really like dimarzio area pickups single coils....shhhhhh........in a bit this week...peace double veee
Bye Bye
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

i am guessing this is the guitar
Bye Bye
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

[youtube][/youtube]
Bye Bye
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

dont know what to say about that track. i dont know if I will ever know what to say about it.
Bye Bye
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

That's a pretty bad song. There, I said it!
Commander in chief - VVF Army
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

So the logo on original is 'guitarman guitars' so its cinfirmed. So vinnies red charvel is a guitarman guitar.
Bye Bye
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Yeah, never heard of them before. Mystery solved, great work Dino!
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

I wonder if that weird charvel logo is actually the guitarman logo.
Bye Bye
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

doublev2 wrote:I wonder if that weird charvel logo is actually the guitarman logo.

Ding ding ding!

It sure ain't a Charvel one! (I think!)
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Would make sense as its an image of a guitar as well.
I have tried to get a close up of hulk hogans headstock but couldnt.
Bye Bye
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

It all makes sense now. People thought it was a Charvel as they were just getting bigger and bigger at that time, but it wasn't.
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Bye Bye
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Plot thickens
Hi Dino

Vinny Cusano used to work at my store on West 48th Street in NYC.
I co- wrote Back on The Streets with Vinny . Vinny even lived in my house with my old girl friend and I. The closest thing to me making a guitar for Vinny was me putting a 1959 Stratocaster neck and 1959 pickups on a white 1968 Stratocaster that was owned by Felix from the Rascals guitar that Vinny had. I still own that guitar. I put a real Gibson 1959  PAF pickup on Vinny's Gold Jackson too. Vinny purchased many guitars from me back in the 80's. Maybe it was made for Vinny by the late Ed Roman from CT.
Bye Bye
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

never made a Red Strat for Vinny. The Red, White and Blue Strat was made by our store for the Hulk Hogan Video. All American. It was painted by one of my friends and employee named Donald Pantalliano. Donald recorded the demo with Vinny playing guitar and bassas well as singing,  and me playing drums in my store. We did the demo for Back on the streets and Bad Girl connection and I need Love. Back then Vinny was collecting vintage guitars.
Richie
Bye Bye
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Weird. The white one sounds like what he may have used with Dan Hartman.
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

And isn't that the one ole Ed baby said he sold to Vinnie???
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Hello Dino The Lou Reed was made at my brother Steve's store by Ken Parker of Parker Fly guitars Across the street. My brother owned Guitar Man /We buy guitars Yes Danny worked for us too. Maybe when Richie Fleigler who became VP of Fender put the neck on for Vinny when he worked for my brother. Yes the Hulk Hogan guitar was an ESP body and neck.
I forgot to mention We Buy Guitars still is a real music store . We are in Bellmore NY at 705a Bedford Avenue Bellmore NY 11710 After I sold my lease on 48th Street in NY I was under contract as the Vintage Buyer of guitars for Sam Ash's 45 stores for ten years. Vinny worked at my 155 west 48th Street store Accent/We Buy Guitars Richie
I think we are warmer with Parker Fly Guitars and Richie Fleigler than Ed Roman personally. Ed would have talked that up if it was true.
Bye Bye
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

put in an email to Ken Parker, Richie Fleigler next. I suppose Grover Jackson needs an email too.
Bye Bye
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

8) 8) 8) 8)
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

I must get to bottom of this now.
Bye Bye
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

NEWBEGINNINGS
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

NEWBEGINNINGS
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Stef, Which neck are you going to get ?

NEWBEGINNINGS
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

NEWBEGINNINGS
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Does it have a pin stripe around the edge or is it just the light reflecting off the edge? I feel the latter!
heavystef

Post by heavystef »

I'm going to order a charvel san dimas neck. It has 22 frets instead of 21 on vinnie's guitar. I LOVE 21 fret strat necks, but they make not much sense with playing kiss songs. alle the hardware is no problem, I found it all: charvel neck, charvel neckplate, charvel floyd rose license trem and emg's.
only the body is difficult.

can't wait to have this guitar... :o
And on the 8th day god created rock'n roll!
heavystef

Post by heavystef »

shramiac wrote:Does it have a pin stripe around the edge or is it just the light reflecting off the edge? I feel the latter!
I think it's white binding. In MY guitar I'm going to have one...
And on the 8th day god created rock'n roll!
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

heavystef wrote:
shramiac wrote:Does it have a pin stripe around the edge or is it just the light reflecting off the edge? I feel the latter!
That's binding :wink:

NEWBEGINNINGS
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Hi Dino
The logo looks like my brother's logo Guitarman. Check out the blue mask album. On the back cover it shows the clear  guitar with the guitarman logo. My brother Steve played bass for Lou Reed on the live album. He also played bass  on one of Peter Chrss's solo projects.
Richie
Bye Bye
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Back to where we started.
Bye Bye
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Can anyone make this out or find a bigger picture
Bye Bye
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

We have a logo match. It is a guitarman guitar
Bye Bye
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

heavystef wrote:
Indeed yes it is! I posted when on my phone so all the pictures didn't load up as quick as my PC! My bad!
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Copy and past it and it works. Not sure why it doesnt work here. Its a close up of headstock from lou reen album
Bye Bye
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Bye Bye
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Bye Bye
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

8) 8) 8) 8)

NEWBEGINNINGS
mylittleguitar

Post by mylittleguitar »

I sell this miniature. It's a One of A kind. The price is 250 euros (shipping cost included whereever you live). The box isn't included. I must work on other miniatures...
FREDDYB3

Post by FREDDYB3 »

@ heavystef ..... just an fyi.... I have done business with the Stratosphere before and they are very fast and reputable. I can give a good recommendation of them, if you are still thinking about purchasing parts from them. Just a thought... Good luck on your build.
FREDDYB3

Post by FREDDYB3 »

As previously mentioned it is my belief that the Red "strat" style guitar being discussed here had at least 3 different necks on it in a relatively short time period. I have posted some close up's previously of one of the maple one piece necks, and it's logo as well as shots of the neck with the darker fretboard. Here is a few close-up's of what I believe might be the original "Guitarman" neck. Just to clarify, the other "Charvel" similar logo could have been this one, altered with a black marker. It has been proven that Vinnie has in the past, altered or hidden parts of or all of logo's with black markers, tape, etc. These are just some personal theories however. Some pics for your viewing pleasure.... Forgive the slight glare, some were taken off of a framed poster.

Last edited by FREDDYB3 on Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
FREDDYB3

Post by FREDDYB3 »

Obviously these are 2 different necks, by the fretboards alone. The logos may be the same, only altered with a black marker, possibly. However, I think if you look closely at entirety of both logo's you may conclude that they are indeed different. See what you think ?
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

AGREED :-)
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Incredible picture. Thanks :D :D :D :D

NEWBEGINNINGS

Post by 1031 »

Its a charvel, I can tell by the binding and the body shape, in the first pictures it has a charvel rose wood / maple neck, the second maple fret board / neck is a modified Jackson neck, you can tell that it was a standard E/B string tree by the left over screw hole, then it had a locking nut added with a crossbar tree added.

Of course I have no absolute proof, but from my experience I would say this is the case. The logo is in the wrong position for a guitarman logo .. The logo looks colored in or maybe just a shadow logo, I seen other builders use one on loaned guitars they were having some one try out and get feed back on.

Well there is something to chew on.
Guitars good, drugs booze.. bad

The worlds best qoute ever
"take your Massengill-soaked vibrator from your wretched gutter clam"
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Guitarman did make it or so the guy said. I suppose it may justbbe a mod job if the binding is same as charvel.
Bye Bye
FREDDYB3

Post by FREDDYB3 »

Just to clarify again... the last pic in the line of 4, is an altogether different neck then the 1st 3 pics.
the 1st 3 pics are all the same pic, just enlarged 2 times. Does that make sense, seemed obvious to
me ? As I said before the 4th pic maybe a altered Charvel logo, the 1st and the 2 enlargements are definitely not a Charvel logo. If you look closely, you can see it is a detailed drawing of a guitar complete with strings, etc. I wish the stage lighting would have been more directed on the headstock in the photo, but with those live pics the shadows are always in the wrong place.. I think if you take a closer look you can see what I am saying.
Last edited by FREDDYB3 on Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
FREDDYB3

Post by FREDDYB3 »

Also, the guitars body never changed, only the necks changed

Post by 1031 »

Ya I know the body is the same. .... I'm not saying hes lying at all, I think possibly its a early Charvel that was reworked at guitarman I think they did a lot more rework guitars than full builds and I dont remember seeing any of there full build guitars with binding most were just hot rodded .. anything is possible I guess but...vinne also had contact with charvel/jackson

Guitars good, drugs booze.. bad

The worlds best qoute ever
"take your Massengill-soaked vibrator from your wretched gutter clam"