Whitesnake

Discuss other bands we like
metatron

Whitesnake

Post by metatron »

Whitesnake gotta be one of the most smooth bands on the face of the planet. Killer lineups every time. Gotta say I'm a big John Sykes fan. Love his playing big time. To me he's like a cross between VV & Steve Stevens. And he was doing the Zakk Wylde signature squeals before Zakk. Good singer too... Purchased four Peavey Vandenberg's cause of Adrian. Awesome guitars.
[youtube][/youtube]
I got Jesus in my fax machine. I saw Ho Chi Minh down @ Burger King. I dated Vinnie Vincent as a Drag Queen. I still don't understand a f**kin' thing.
I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass and I'm all out of bubble gum.
poserboy71

Re: Whitesnake

Post by poserboy71 »

Do you still have them ? What colors?

My buddy Chris used to be Adrian's tech in Whitesnake and Adrian gave him that cool Fernandes with the green and pink squares.
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
metatron

Post by metatron »

Two bolt on neck original black ones with the low profile Kahler Spyder Tremolo, And two of the reissued (the call the V types) neck through. One black one with Abalone inlays & Transparent Purple with Abalone inlays. Wow that cool getting that Fernandes with the green and pink squares.
I got Jesus in my fax machine. I saw Ho Chi Minh down @ Burger King. I dated Vinnie Vincent as a Drag Queen. I still don't understand a f**kin' thing.
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

metatron wrote: Purchased four Peavey Vandenberg's cause of Adrian. Awesome guitars.
I tried one back in 88'/89' and thought it felt like dog crap! Kahler Floyd was stiffer than.........?? :shock: :shock: :shock:
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

I like a few Whitesnake songs but only saw then in 94 to see Warren D play. I can't believe David got rid of Sykes, what a stupid move.

Dannii's Vandenberg guitars are cool, I've played them.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Alledgedly Sykes was a complete turd! That's what Coverdale thought anyway! Got a Guitar 4 Pract Musician from 90' where he pretty much says that! He became a great guitar player though and is a very handy singer too! I only have 1987 and Slip of the Tongue, and I got S of T first as I was a big Vai fan! Then I went and got 1987 as I had recorded the vids off "Rage" (Oz 12-9am Fri & Sat night continuous music clip show, sadly now almost 100% rap/dance or super alternate weirdo music!) so I knew of the 'hit" singles and I liked Viv Campbell so I thought he'd done the album with that big blonde guitarist (Adrian)!!!! Killer licks by Sykes on 1987 though. Great tones with those Mesa Boogies too!
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

shramiac wrote: Great tones with those Mesa Boogies too!
It isn't a big coincidence that Sykes , Brad Gillis, Vinnie , got those huge sounds from those Boogie heads back then. I believe Brad recommended Boogies to Vinnie when Night Ranger opened a few shows for Kiss.
Just listen to how Vinnie's guitar got milked every night on the Lick It Up tour. Sustain for days !!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
I'm sure Vinnie had different set-ups but I believe the boogies were more reliable and easier to get a sound out of. Vinnie could play a plastic guitar with two tin cans and a string attached to it for amplification and make it sing.

NEWBEGINNINGS
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

metatron wrote:Whitesnake gotta be one of the most smooth bands on the face of the planet. Killer lineups every time. Gotta say I'm a big John Sykes fan. Love his playing big time. To me he's like a cross between VV & Steve Stevens. And he was doing the Zakk Wylde signature squeals before Zakk. Good singer too... Purchased four Peavey Vandenberg's cause of Adrian. Awesome guitars.
This song if memory serves me was a left over from the Whitesnake Album. SYKES is a true artist in that he is not only a great guitar player but a great composer and singer too. He is truly one of my favorites. I consider myself a Doug Aldrich Fan also who is a great player and does an amazing John Sykes Impression in Whitesnake currently but he doesn't have John Sykes Chops nor can he sing and write like John.

Dannii you and I have many of the same guitar heroes
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

metatron

Post by metatron »

shramiac wrote:Alledgedly Sykes was a complete turd! That's what Coverdale thought anyway! Got a Guitar 4 Pract Musician from 90' where he pretty much says that!
Read this http://johnsykes.net/biog_2.html
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Interesting stuff Dannii. There is so much history there between Coverdale and Sykes.
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

John saved Whitesnake like Vinnie saved KISS
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

He did! I actually heard Here I Go Again yesterday and really enjoyed the solo on it. No big deal that John didn't play it for me.

I could see John being pissed, as I would be too but these things happen.
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

"Worst" solo on the album too!!!
Shred4hire

Post by Shred4hire »

poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Go for it Dannii !!!

NEWBEGINNINGS
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Dannii could put on his old glam gear and dress up like Maxine Petrucci when he wins this!!!!
wolfgang161272

Post by wolfgang161272 »

I have seen Whitesnake last year in Stuttgart Germany with Alice Cooper. I'm not a great fan of W. but I like the guitar work a lot
Skwint

Post by Skwint »

saw them live a few times in the late 80's - very good show even if not one of my fave bands.
Cruisin' downtown, Shakin' her love, Is that babe talkin' to me, Felt my heart drop, Women can't stop, Girl has got me on my knees, Baby baby babe don't make me wonder, Won't you let me in, She said - see you later, Shot down, I'll be back again
metatron

Post by metatron »

chris bickley wrote:steve stevens hamer model 4 sale

http://cgi.ebay.com/1986-Hamer-Steve-St ... 43a5411c44

poserboy71 wrote:Go for it Dannii !!!

shramiac wrote:Dannii could put on his old glam gear and dress up like Maxine Petrucci when he wins this!!!!

Would love to get it but, all funds have been directed towards the 'Monster Ultra 666 Stiletto V with the optional Shadow'
warmachine:D

Post by warmachine:D »

Absolutely love them- I've been looking for a Peavey Vandenberg just because I'm a bit obsessed with Adrian, and Rudy Sarzo. Both of them used Peavey while they were with Whitesnake, for a while.
Since I haven't had any luck finding a Vandenberg, I got a Vortex. Looks kinda like a Jackson Rhoads. :P
Last edited by warmachine:D on Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
1SG of the VVFF Army
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

LOVE,LOVE,LOVE the new album!!!!! Doug & Reb work well together! Dave's voice still gets up there too! Quentin said the gig he saw last month was awesome!
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

New album is good huh? I'll have to check it out.
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

My old bass player/close mate doesn't like the 80s style drum sound on it (he's got an SAE sound engineers diploma) but I like that sound!!! He loves the new Mr Big album sound but to me that's a kinda stale sound! Not that the Mr Big album is crap though, it's good too.
MeteoraXV

Post by MeteoraXV »

Whitesnake is pretty awesome, I love how they stick to their bluesy sound throughout their career, but
Whitesnake is pretty stale, I hate how David's lyrics are ALWAYS about luuuuuuuuuv, romance, oooh baby
How can any band do that for what 10+ albums???
I desire some lyrical evolution please

I noticed that most American/Britain rock bands still have that great blues sound goin on
unlike here in Europe, its all melodic/opera/YAAAAAAAhaaahaAAAH metal bullshit =(
yuk i don't mind melodic stuff, but its just too melodic nowadays

damn i love come and get it
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

Slayer wrote:
metatron wrote:Whitesnake gotta be one of the most smooth bands on the face of the planet. Killer lineups every time. Gotta say I'm a big John Sykes fan. Love his playing big time. To me he's like a cross between VV & Steve Stevens. And he was doing the Zakk Wylde signature squeals before Zakk. Good singer too... Purchased four Peavey Vandenberg's cause of Adrian. Awesome guitars.
This song if memory serves me was a left over from the Whitesnake Album. SYKES is a true artist in that he is not only a great guitar player but a great composer and singer too. He is truly one of my favorites. I consider myself a Doug Aldrich Fan also who is a great player and does an amazing John Sykes Impression in Whitesnake currently but he doesn't have John Sykes Chops nor can he sing and write like John.

Dannii you and I have many of the same guitar heroes
I wuz on DOPE July 5th 2010 because this excellent performance is Doug Aldrich and the song is from the album "Good to be Bad". No fool like an old fool! :-) Great playing by Doug but I prefer John Sykes!
metatron

Post by metatron »

shramiac wrote:My old bass player/close mate doesn't like the 80s style drum sound on it (he's got an SAE sound engineers diploma) but I like that sound!!! He loves the new Mr Big album sound but to me that's a kinda stale sound! Not that the Mr Big album is crap though, it's good too.

I got a SAE sound engineers diploma...it's good to do it,,,,but then try & find a job....Bit of a wank fest. Cost a lot of money.
Shred4hire

Post by Shred4hire »

just got a washburn steve stevens ss-40 i used to own back in the day back in my hand great lil axe
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

chris bickley wrote:just got a washburn steve stevens ss-40 i used to own back in the day back in my hand great lil axe
Post pics of that bad boy in the Gear section Chris!!!!
MeteoraXV

Post by MeteoraXV »

Funny comment I read on the new album:

lost goat says:
March 29, 2011 at 6:40 pm

how come every single song david coverdale writes is about “ooh i love you,sweet liitle lovin,ooh baby i need you love,oooh child give me it gotta have your good love”???

fuck man,cant the dude find ANYTHING else to write about? every one a those cornyass songs are about that junk.

i can see theiir band practice- “hey guys i have some new lyrics” “oh great what are they about?” “its a song about needing to love my baby tonight” “well,isnt that what the last one was about?” “well,no,because that one was about what happens when i get my babys sweet love,this one is about needing my babys sweet love” “oh ok”

theres a difference between a real honest love song like something by roy orbison or chris isaak “wicked game”,and some rock band “ooh gimme sweet lovin” garbage

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Haha the new album ROCKS but damn I kinda agree with this guy...
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

That's pretty funny.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Yet very true. "Maybe It's The Rain" is so honest that it is timeless. Imagine if that song was actually released !!!

NEWBEGINNINGS