MAIDEN ENGLAND on DVD Offical 2013

Discuss other bands we like
strangeways
Location: United States of America (Greater Chicagoland area)

MAIDEN ENGLAND on DVD Offical 2013

Post by strangeways »

http://www.rockhard.de/megazine/heftarchiv/rh-304.html
http://www.metal-rules.com/metalnews/20 ... d-in-2013/

STEVE HARRIS CONFIRMS MAIDEN ENGLAND DVD IN 2013

In an interview with German magazine Rock Hard in August 2012, bassist Steve Harris confirmed that Maiden England will be re-released in 2013, with the concert footage expanded to comprise the show’s encores which were not included in the original VHS. In 2012, Iron Maiden undertook their Maiden England World Tour, which is largely based around the original video in set list and stage design.
"Stairway to the stars, I think I'll write good health to you." - Albert Bouchard / Richard Meltzer / Donald Roeser
"Vinnie Vincent saved Kiss. It's just too bad he couldn't save himself." - Me
shramiac

Re: MAIDEN ENGLAND on DVD Offical 2013

Post by shramiac »

I wore that VHS out!!! It cost $60 back in the day in Oz as it took about a year before they were manufactured locally here. So if you wanted it, you had to get an imported English one from a metal record shop as the big retailers didn't have it.
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
heavystef

Post by heavystef »

Got the "official bootlegg" LP of this. just my favorite maiden live album...
And on the 8th day god created rock'n roll!
Warrior

Post by Warrior »

Maiden brings back so many good memories.
Number Of The Beast And Then Piece Of Mind were two albums that made a big impact on my life.
Maiden England on Blu-ray is a must buy in 2013.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

I've only started to really appreciate Iron Maiden in the last decade or so. Always TOP NOTCH !!!!
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Except Virtual 11. It's 100% poo! But every band has one stinker!
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

poserboy71 wrote:I've only started to really appreciate Iron Maiden in the last decade or so. Always TOP NOTCH !!!!
damn only the last decade. we are getting old.
Bye Bye
ankh

Post by ankh »

i was at the Donington gig in 1988..............shame they didn't put that on film,the audience response was incredible...........you had to be there............
“Men are apt to be much more influenced by words than by the actual facts of the surrounding reality.” I.Pavlov

MY YOU TUBE CHANNEL:
http://www.youtube.com/user/mesolimbicn ... sults_main

Lemmy: "Can you hear this horrible sound coming out of my monitors?"
Monitor guy: "No."
Lemmy: "Neither can I.Turn me up!"
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Donington 88 was Epic!!!
Commander in chief - VVF Army
heavystef

Post by heavystef »

the first maiden song I ever heard was "where Eagles Dare" on the radio in 1983. we had quite good programs with metal twice a week in east germany. but i did'nt heard the radio man saying the name of the band. so it took me a whole week to find out, what I had heard this day. and my buddy frank said:"man, you're kidding? this is iron maiden!!".
that's how it all started...
Warrior

Post by Warrior »

heavystef wrote:the first maiden song I ever heard was "where Eagles Dare" on the radio in 1983. we had quite good programs with metal twice a week in east germany. but i did'nt heard the radio man saying the name of the band. so it took me a whole week to find out, what I had heard this day. and my buddy frank said:"man, you're kidding? this is iron maiden!!".
that's how it all started...
What an introduction into Iron Maiden, killer song.
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Indeed it is! I got into Maiden because of Piece of Mind too. My older bro had NOB and Piece and I listened to them when we shared a room(where my tinnitus probably first started!) along with ACDC and Priest's British Steel. He's a total non muso but he loved Rapid Fire! Any who, early 84' I started trawling through the cassettes to find that recording of the guy talking backwards and burping! Fruitless searching through all the ACDC, I finally put in Piece and it was set to play side two. The Trooper blasts out and I'm thinking that it's pretty good, then AT LAST, Nicko doing the backwards thing I'd been looking for. I listen and laugh a few times before finally letting the tape play the next song, Still Life! I was hooked from then on! Actually IM was the only band other than KISS I really liked at the time.
heavystef

Post by heavystef »

listening to metal, getting all the songs was quite an adventure in east germany. only few bands were released by the one and only national record company "AMIGA", so we had to listen to the radio. "The Beat Kiste" on thursday evening, "Hard 'n Heavy" on saturday afternoon, and sometimes in a program on sunday morning - the name i've forgotten... :oops:

so I remember, beeing a 10 year old little boy, I was hearing the announcment in the radio, that "on sunday next week the new AC/DC single will be released and broadcasted here in our program"

so one week later my brother and me woke up "in time", had a new audio tape cassette laid in our recorder and waited, and waited, and waited...
and then: HELL'S BELLS begun... and you could have seen two boys sitting in their beds with theit mouths open, not even breathing...

later, when I got my own cassette recorder, I had a special adio tape for each band I loved, so after several weeks I had the complete actual album on tape... :shock: