Van Halen in Australia

Discuss other bands we like
poserboy71

Van Halen in Australia

Post by poserboy71 »

Van Halen to play Soundwave Revolution in Australia in September.

http://www.tonedeaf.com.au/news/feature ... -halen.htm
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
Genebaby
Site Admin

Re: Van Halen in Australia

Post by Genebaby »

Kick ass, I missed their 98 tour with Gary. I bought that album and didn't mind it, haven't listened to it in a whie though. I wish I had seen the line up with Gary, very short lived, which I think we all knew would happen.

A few days after my birthday for VH, yeah!!!!!
Commander in chief - VVF Army
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

I saw that tour in Pittsburgh . They played to a half-filled house. Eddie was on fire that tour. The VH3 album is an incredibly HONEST album. I compare it to Kiss' C.O.S. in that the lyrics display a guttural honesty. Their is a lot of introspection on both of these albums.

"How Many Say I" is Edward at his most honest. While I still want VH and Kiss to sing about partying and pussy, I absolutely love those moments when the artist really shows the listeners their humanity.

Paul Stanley's song "I Will Be There" (from C.O.S.),about his son, is another one. I'm not crazy about the song , but the meaning really hits me hard.

It's a shame when some of a bands best work gets overlooked because of trends or replacements.

NEWBEGINNINGS
Brooklyn_Born

Post by Brooklyn_Born »

I'll be there on September 24th! Can't wait to see them with Roth :D
Hey man, I am cool, I am the Breeze...

VVFF Rocks Hard!!!
This is not a Hate Forum Vinnie...Capisce!!?
Brooklyn has almost left the Building
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Roth was the MVP on the last tour.

NEWBEGINNINGS
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Alright!! We can have a VVFF get together. I also wanna see Alice and Steel Panther!!
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

This is gonna be cool. Stage 1 is good for me!

Headline
Van Halen

*Main Stage 1*
Alice Cooper
Bad Religion
Alter Bridge
All Time Low
Steel Panther
Brooklyn_Born

Post by Brooklyn_Born »

That's right Vic, I'll be making a bee line to Stage 1 to catch all the main action! I've seen Alice in '97 & '08 and he was terrific but I'm really looking forward to Steel Panther & Van Halen!! Let's get these vvff shirts together so we can spread the word at soundwave!

VVFF Rocks Hard!!!
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Looks like the t-shirts is gonna be a hard one. We may have to settle for wearing our VVI shirts.

Anybody else going to the Sydney show?
Brooklyn_Born

Post by Brooklyn_Born »

If any of you vvff Aussie crew are hitting soundwave in Brisbane let me know and we can invade together!

VVFF Rocks Hard!!!
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Van Halen no longer heading to Australia ???
The usually constant stream of news filtering out from the Soundwave camp has slowed to a crawl in the last week.

Rumours about the future of the Soundwave Revolution debut have been building since the teams much anticipated second line-up announcement failed to come to fruition last Monday 1st August. The announcement—which was due to reveal the second and third headliners—was then postponed until Wednesday 3rd August at 10pm, but once again failed to appear. With suggestions that festival headliners Van Halen were experiencing internal trouble, the future of the inaugural festival appeared to be under a cloud.

(Correction: We incorrectly attributed the below comments to Steel Panther singer Michael Starr. They have in fact been made by the band's drummer, Stix Zadinia. We need to read our pseudonyms more closely.)

Today, a tweet from the drummer of L.A band Steel Panther, one of the bands who are booked to perform at the event this September (and with whom TheVine conducted perhaps our funniest and most NSFW interview ever), suggests the entire festival has been cancelled. Actually it does more than suggest it—it outright says it.

At 10am this morning Stixzadinia tweeted "Soundwave Revolution is cancelled. I am bummed." He followed the rash statement up half an hour later with a further missive:

"Just got word from our management that the whole festival is cancelled. I hope I'm wrong but I was told it's official. Anyone hear same?"

The tweet inspired a great many Soundwave fans, many of whom have already bought tickets to the festival, to attempt to clarify the remarks with both the drummer and promoter AJ Maddah, via his twitter handle @iamnotshouting. The usually vocal Maddah has yet to reply to the accusation (or indeed, tweet since the postponement announcement failed to materialise last Wednesday), whilst the drummer replied to the numerous outcries with:

"Just wait. I ain't wrong."

UPDATE: Two more tweets from the Steel Panther drummer since this story was first published:

1: "Ok everyone. I'm just reporting what I was told. U don't have 2 believe me. Better yet, don't believe me and wait for an "official" anncmnt.

2: "Ok. Let's start over fuckers. Don't panic. Let's all pretend I didn't hear from our manager that swr is officially cancelled. U good now?"

More news as it comes.

NEWBEGINNINGS
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Van Halen Store
Australia’s Soundwave Revolution Officially Cancelled
Tuesday, 9 August 2011

Van Halen Soundwave Revolution Festival 2011Sad news for rock fans in Australia – the Soundwave Revolution festival that was to be headlined by Van Halen has been officially cancelled because the promoter was unable to secure a second headliner. The five cities to be played were Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide and Perth from Sept 24th to October 3rd. Hopefully Van Halen will make it to Australia as part of their upcoming tour.

From NOVAFM.com.au:

Soundwave Revolution 2011 has been cancelled

Bad news… Soundwave Revolution “as we know it” has been cancelled.

After hours of internet rumours, Soundwave Revolution promoter AJ Maddah has finally confirmed the news that nobody wanted to hear.

Maddah told Nova 969′s news team they were forced to pull the plug on the festival after the second-biggest headliner pulled out. Listen to the audio above.

“The festival as we know it has been cancelled,” Maddah said.

“We were scheduled to make a second announcement on the first of August – we had our festival co-headliner on that announcement… Their circumstances changed at the last minute and they had to pull out and unfortunately we don’t have enough time to replace them and we didn’t really want to go ahead with an incomplete line-up.

“We could have taken the option of linking through with the line-up as we have now – it would have obviously still been a much better financial outcome for us than to go through the road we have – but we just didn’t want to put an inferior product on the market,” he said.

Big acts lined up for Soundwave Revolution 2011 included Van Halen, Alice Cooper, Bad Religion, Panic! At The Disco, Hole, The Used, All Time Low, Sum 41, Dashboard Confessional, Relient K, The Pretty Reckless and more.

Maddah said plenty of bands would still be coming out to Oz.

“A lot of those bands are still coming and we are, you know, creating packages and what have you for them to (play) in clubs and other venues,” he said.

The story started to unfold this morning when Steel Panther drummer Stix Zadinia broke news of the cancellation via his Twitter account.

“Soundwave revolution is cancelled. I am bummed,” Zadinia wrote.

“Just got word from our management that the whole festival is cancelled. I hope I’m wrong but I was told it’s official. Anyone hear same? Maybe we’ll still come out and rock anyway! I’m hoping it can get worked out. We wanna rock u guys in Ozn (sic)”

Soundwave Revolution has just posted an official announcement via their Facebook page.

It is with great sadness that we announce the cancellation of the Revolution Festival. Many of the festival bands will still be coming to Australia in that time period and team up to bring you some very special shows.

These will include multi band/mini festival line-ups in Brisbane, Sydney and Melbourne. We will be announcing these events in the next 7 days.

Tickets purchased online will be refunded automatically as soon as it can be processed. If you purchased from an outlet, refunds will be available next week from point of purchase.

NEWBEGINNINGS
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Damn, damn and double damn!!!!! I was looking forward to this next month!!
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Bummer! They should have got Maiden again! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
Brooklyn_Born

Post by Brooklyn_Born »

Not Kool...

VVFF Rocks Hard!!!
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Yeah, it's very lame. I was happy with the bands as it was.
ZoeMoon

Post by ZoeMoon »

I just saw Steel Panther on Tuesday! Coolest show I've ever been to, and I've been to a lot of shows! Michael pulled me up on stage and sang Community Property to me... It was a total blast. Ha ha. I wish I could (if it's not cancelled) make it out to Soundwave too.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Steel Panther are playing a Sydney show outside of Soundwave next year. I should be going to that one if my cousin got the tickets this morning.
Brooklyn_Born

Post by Brooklyn_Born »

Yep they're playing Enmore Theatre on my birthday :P

VVFF Rocks Hard!!!
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Nice!! You coming down? :D

Anybody else going to see Steel Panther in Sydney?
Brooklyn_Born

Post by Brooklyn_Born »

Probably not Vic cause I'm going to be at soundwave a few days before in Briz...if that changes I'll let you know...

VVFF Rocks Hard!!!
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

That's cool man, no worries. I'm excited to be seeing the Panther!!!
Brooklyn_Born

Post by Brooklyn_Born »

Finally! They'll be real good! Been waiting to see them a long time... Now we just need Van Halen out here!

VVFF Rocks Hard!!!
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

I've seen Metal Shop at the Viper Room, Atomic Punks a few times, and will be seeing Steel Panther on Decenmber 28 at the House Of Blues in Cleveland. GREAT TIMES.

NEWBEGINNINGS
Brooklyn_Born

Post by Brooklyn_Born »

You guys have got it sooo good in America! But hey, it is the birthplace of Hair Metal :P Rock/Metal Gigs in Australia become major events because you never actually know if the visiting act will ever be back again :?:

VVFF Rocks Hard!!!
birnie

Post by birnie »

Genebaby wrote:Nice!! You coming down? :D

Anybody else going to see Steel Panther in Sydney?
Is this the Alter Bridge concert?
Just youtube'd them and was pretty underwhelmed.
Are Panther 1st ?
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

That's the show, I have no idea about Alter Bridge, just want to see the Panther. Not sure who's on first. Probably Alter Bridge, my guess is SP will be headliners.