Graham Bonnet band w/ Joe Stump

Discuss other bands we like
metatron

Graham Bonnet band w/ Joe Stump

Post by metatron »

Last edited by metatron on Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I got Jesus in my fax machine. I saw Ho Chi Minh down @ Burger King. I dated Vinnie Vincent as a Drag Queen. I still don't understand a f**kin' thing.
I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass and I'm all out of bubble gum.
metatron

Re: Joe Stump

Post by metatron »

Saw this last Saturday 8th June 2019 at he Mannning Bar located i Sydney University. Out F**Ken standing
Specking of Impellitteri in previous posts;
I got Jesus in my fax machine. I saw Ho Chi Minh down @ Burger King. I dated Vinnie Vincent as a Drag Queen. I still don't understand a f**kin' thing.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Re: Graham Bonnet band w/ Joe Stump

Post by Genebaby »

Cool, had not heard about this gig, but probably wouldn't have traveled to go to it. Wish it was more local to me.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

Joe has really grown solid. He was an Yngwie Clone when he first became known and he is much more than that now. It is hilarious how low Graham is in the mix but that might be a blessing at this stage of the game LOL
metatron

Post by metatron »

Genebaby wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:07 am Cool, had not heard about this gig, but probably wouldn't have traveled to go to it. Wish it was more local to me.
Sorrry Vic, I too was not aware of it till the night. I was working, but took a few hours off at the last moment.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

metatron wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:22 pm
Genebaby wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:07 am Cool, had not heard about this gig, but probably wouldn't have traveled to go to it. Wish it was more local to me.
Sorrry Vic, I too was not aware of it till the night. I was working, but took a few hours off at the last moment.
No worries man, just bad advertising as usual, which doesn't help the artist obviously.

How was Graham's voice?
Commander in chief - VVF Army
metatron

Post by metatron »

Genebaby wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:38 pm
metatron wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:22 pm
No worries man, just bad advertising as usual, which doesn't help the artist obviously.

How was Graham's voice?
Infront of the Front of House PA, it sounds just like that video footage, very low & the guitar overpowered, followed by the other instruments.
As I went more towards the back, vocals were better as the FOH PA was delivering it in the mix. Still, the vocals were weaker than the rest of the instruments, so I don't know what the deal was with that.
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Joe plays the solo pretty much like Chris' studio version. Chris doesn't even play it like that anymore. lol
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
MrSirTrevor

Post by MrSirTrevor »

Graham Bonnet has been touring with the Michael Schenker Fest for a few years now. I just missed seeing them in Kansas City late last spring. It's a heck of a show with him, Robin McAuley, Gary Barden, and Doogie White on vocals! It's great to see all of them still putting good stuff out.
I'm Sir Trevor Gielgud Burton-Guinness, And I Approved This Message