Vinnie Vincent to Appear in Nashville - August

News and information from 2018 onwards
poserboy71

Re: Vinnie Vincent to Appear in Nashville - August

Post by poserboy71 »

With respect to everyone's opinions, I will give Vinnie the benefit right now.
We have a glimpse into what affects him and I feel for the guy.
We are supposed to see a few re-releases by the end of Summer.
Give the man some slack.
This hasn't been easy for him.
I applaud that he has had the strength to do what he has done so far.
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
fullshredd

Post by fullshredd »

1031 wrote: Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:15 am For those thinking he should record new music . Let me put a little insight in to why it would be a loosing proposition. Average cost of studio musician $100 and hour figure three people , average cost of a studio 90-150 and hour . Average 20 hours per song from record to mix down. Now mastering and cd production costs. Not to include a producer. So about $8500 a song in a Nashville pro studio.

Major artist still on the radio are not making albums anymore because they simply don't sell. Best buy ended there CD sales. Streaming is a joke. I own my own studio and have the ability play everything but work with a bassist. Its the only way I can even afford to put out the music I love to play.
Even as Vinnie with a following would have basically no way to recoup the recording cost.
I was banking on him releasing his more obscure works, including GFH. He'd just have to remaster and release through a label. Streaming wouldn't cut the mustard as agreed.

If VV were to try the self-promo route through Indiegogo, Kickstarter, Fundly, etc., for example, he might have a chance of releasing GFH using real dollars and minimum output. I know I'd pledge some cash, as I'm sure many more would in return for some reward like being named in the linear notes, free merch, guest of VV at an event, etc..

Why this concept hasn't been implemented, let alone floated by VV is a bit odd? He needs some guidance and a proxy working in his corner. I know how these things work being in the A/R biz, but even a layman could concoct this scheme.
Kuron

Post by Kuron »

I have no idea what went on with Vinnie and Derek. I completely missed that.

However, the incident with Chris was really sad. I listened to every VV special Decibel Geek did, and there was never any hatred towards Vinnie. Chris and Aaron were always very respectful to Vinnie. I feel bad for Chris. I applaud Julian for setting the record straight on the disgusting "rank title".

There is a huge difference between doing KISS expos and rock expos and appearing at a horror convention. Not always, but often, those appearing at horror/scifi conventions are in the twilight of their careers and it is the only way they can still make $$. It is not necessarily the best option for somebody who is wanting to remain relevant.

Whether meaning to or not, Vinnie bit the hands that feed him. The only media of any relevance for musical artists nowadays are blogs and podcasts. The only podcasts that would have a legitimate interest in Vinnie are the KISS related podcasts -- the majority of which are going to be at Rock & Pod.

Bobby Rock has been nothing but respectful to Vinnie in any interview and he doesn't seem the type to badmouth anybody.

I have nothing but respect for Vinnie as an artist and he remains one of my songwriting influences. "Gypsy in her eyes" has been one of my favorite songs ever since I heard it. I will happily keep listening to my "All Systems Go" and "Treasure" CDs. I will still put up my bootleg VV wall hanging in my studio.

I was really wanting to get his effects pedal, and was fully prepared to pull the trigger this month as I had the $$ and I like the sound of it, it has a good 80s sound. But, with that looking like that deal has fallen apart, and the cloud that has been forming over anything Vinnie related, I decided to buy some other effects pedals, as I am not sure I want to bring that kind of karma into my studio and my music.

I also really feel bad for the people at the guitar effects company. I know the work that goes into designing something like this.

Musicians, we wear our hearts on our sleeves -- songwriters, too. Vinnie's love and compassion for animals speaks to how big his heart really is. It is also human nature to be our own worst enemy (something I can definitely say I struggle with).

Truly wish Vinnie nothing but the best and I hope he can get things back on track.
Vinnie who?
metatron

Post by metatron »

Kuron, that was perfect.
I got Jesus in my fax machine. I saw Ho Chi Minh down @ Burger King. I dated Vinnie Vincent as a Drag Queen. I still don't understand a f**kin' thing.
I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass and I'm all out of bubble gum.
metatron

Post by metatron »

"If life gives you melons...you might be dyslexic" ~ Aixelsyd Dnarber
I got Jesus in my fax machine. I saw Ho Chi Minh down @ Burger King. I dated Vinnie Vincent as a Drag Queen. I still don't understand a f**kin' thing.
I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass and I'm all out of bubble gum.
Streetbeat

Post by Streetbeat »

Kuron wrote: Sun Jul 08, 2018 2:38 pm I am not sure I want to bring that kind of karma into my studio and my music.

i feel something very similar towards anything vinnie-related, i cannot explain but v have always carried
some sinister thing about him and i can hear it on some of his melodies.
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

There's some decent views from either side of the coin (but not the 3 sided one :P) posted by everyone here. I live in hope of new and remastered music...and I'm a pessimist! :shock:

1031 makes good points about studio time/money but I can also see it in another light.

Vinnie has stated, and to the horror of many here, that he hates drummers and is a drum machine fan. He obviously knows how to program drum machines (GFH recordings) and with the realistic sounds generated by BFD and the like, he has eliminated the need for a drummer and also the need for a recording studio to record them in!
Now then, his guitar sound....where to begin???? AxeFX, Bias, Kemper, Boss GT1000, Helix...ALL negate the need for a recording studio. YouTube guitar Gods such as Rick Graham (oooohhhh Rick...love that guy) and whacky but funny Stevie T (canananantosis) have shown what incredible tones can be found going "direct" to recording software! Geeez, even Marshall Harrison has gotten a great tone on his live feeds using one of those kidney bean shaped Line 6 pods!

Bassist...well we know who that is! :P

Maybe vocals done in a studio but, even that can be done at home!

My two cents any way!

P.S. Check out Rick Graham, Stevie T and Marshall Harrison if you haven't already....I take no responsibility for the depression you'll suffer afterwards! :P :( :lol:

Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
Kuron

Post by Kuron »

but not the 3 sided one
To their credit, they were very positive about Vinnie in their recap of the Atlanta appearance. They were also positive and compassionate when interviewing Vinnie at whatever appearance that was after Atlanta.

I, too, am hoping for new material from Vinnie and I am certainly not looking for any shredding. As you point out, it can all be done in a home studio now. Or you can record it at home and use a pro studio to mix and master it. Given his age, Vinnie may be more comfortable using a standalone multitrack for recording and only use the computer for mixing and mastering.
Vinnie who?