New Bobby Rock Book

News and information from 2018 onwards
QSano

New Bobby Rock Book

Post by QSano »

Anyone else read Bobby's book 'The Boy is Gonna Rock' yet? I read it in one sitting yesterday and most of it deals with the VVI years. Being a Berklee alum I was hoping more would deal with Bobby's time there, but it was a great read. Highly suggest everyone check it out.

I got mine on Amazon.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Re: New Bobby Rock Book

Post by Genebaby »

Yes, I'm still reading it. It is a great read, and I'm glad he got right to the VVI stuff pretty much, it's just what I have been waiting for.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
wolfgang161272

Post by wolfgang161272 »

I've read the whole book. Bobby is a good and cool guy!
It's a MUST to read this book
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

I finished it too, it's a great read. A must for any Vinnie fan.
metatron

Post by metatron »

This is a pretty awesome interview
I got Jesus in my fax machine. I saw Ho Chi Minh down @ Burger King. I dated Vinnie Vincent as a Drag Queen. I still don't understand a f**kin' thing.
I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass and I'm all out of bubble gum.
Kuron

Post by Kuron »

I finished reading this two days ago. An awesome read. I came away with a new found respect for Bobby Rock and his accomplishments. For somebody of his talent-caliber to remain so humble and appreciative of what he has, is a testament to his upbringing.

I also came away feeling sorry for Vinnie. Vinnie is a human being, and part of being human is we are each our own worst enemy. Much of the criticisms of Vinnie that lead to the break up of VVI, are the reasons you would actually pick up a VV album. You want over the top guitar work. You want balls to the wall riffage.

VVI gave us two very different albums. I love both albums, but All Systems Go will always be my favorite, for many reasons. It was great reading how ASG came about.

I thought Bobby did a great job of remaining impartial when it comes to Vinnie and thought he was very supportive of Vinnie's reemergence. It was also nice that he held back the book, so as not to steal any spotlight from Vinnie's comeback.

As much as I enjoyed the book, I equally enjoyed Lita's forward. Quite possibly the best forward I have ever read. Also quite possibly one of the most honest autobiographies out there, as it was not written by a bitter supercilious jackass.
Vinnie who?
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Hear, hear! Glad you liked the book, Bobby is all class.