Carmine give more info on working with Vinnie

News and information from 2018 onwards
Genebaby
Site Admin

Carmine give more info on working with Vinnie

Post by Genebaby »

Carmine did another interview and was again asked about his times with Vinnie and he had this to say:
Cactus, Vanilla Fudge and King Kobra drummer Carmine Appice was recently interviewed by Steve Mascord on the White Line Fever podcast.

Appice indicated: “He’s a freakin’ weirdo is all I can say.

“Great talent, great songwriter, great player before he started doing his Vinnie Vincent albums. He played like crap on those albums. He’s trying to be Yngwie Malmsteen on those albums.

“Before that, when he was playing – like – heavy blues rock, he was awesome.

“And Gene (Simmons) and Paul (Stanley) called me before they got him and they said ‘I heard you worked with Vinnie’ – Cusano was his name – and I said ‘yeah’. They said ‘we’re thinking of bringing him into KISS, what do you think?’ And I said ‘trouble – there’s going to be trouble’. Great player, good songwriter but trouble.

“They brought him into the band and guess what? There was trouble!

“Years go by. He disappeared for 20 years. And just before COVID, last year, he surfaced somehow doing some in-store things down in Nashville.

“The guy who’s promoting it heard I played with Vinnie back in the day. Carmine and the Rockers was the band.

“He said ‘look, we’re thinking of doing a Vinnie Vincent gig and he wants to use Rob Fleischman to sing and we’re talking about maybe you playing drums’. I said ‘I haven’t talked to Vinnie in 25 years and last time I talked to him we were enemies’.

“And he said ‘well, I’ll give you his number, maybe you guys can have a chat’. I talked to him for four hours. It was unbelievable.

“Me and my brother had a company called Appice Brothers Drum Rental. We rented him a drum set for a month at no charge. I said ‘I didn’t know that’.

“He said ‘I never got to thank you’. We were talking, everything is cool. He said ‘do you want to play together’ and I said ‘yeah’. ‘Do you have any bass players?’ So I recommended Tony Franklin. I love Tony. So we got Tony.

“Then Robert Fleischman bowed out so I got this guy Jim Crean who sings with me and my brother in Drum Wars. He’s a really good singer.

“So the promoter paid everybody a deposit, paid Vinnie a lot more than a deposit, then little by little things started getting weird again. Next thing I know, Vinnie cancelled the gigs. He screwed the promoter. I ended up being friendly with the guy. He also books speaking gigs, sometimes I do some rock history talks.

“I said ‘look, he cancelled, I’ll give you the money back’. He said ‘no, you put your time aside to do it, you and Tony keep the money’. He said ‘Vinnie screwed me’ for I don’t know how many thousands.

“That’s the Vinnie Vincent story.

“I haven’t heard from him. Now he’s doing these gigs with sucker people going to see him. He’ll buy a Stratocaster for 150 bucks, he’ll sign it and sell it for five grand and these people buy it. He’ll get 12 people at one of his events, maybe 10 or 12 people and they’ll pay 1000 bucks to get in to meet Vinnie Vincent without make-up looking very strangely trans-gender.”
Commander in chief - VVF Army
aeroflott

Re: Carmine give more info on working with Vinnie

Post by aeroflott »

Woah.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Yeah, that's the reality of things unfortunately. Vinnie is the reason he's not a raging success and stoops to these antics.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
VVArchives

Post by VVArchives »

I looked and found the audio portion of Carmine trashing Vinnie

Who did Carmine thank and call a great guy? Listen and see.

Then Carmine lies and says Vinnie took money for tickets and never did the shows and kept the money.

Odd, how Carmine doesn't realize it was the "great guy" who tried to do that, not Vinnie.

I'm sure Carmine will learn soon enough who he is actually praising. Carmine has sunk so low that the "great guy" is booking shows for Carmine.

It should also be pointed out that Carmine gets lies and other nonsense from "the great guy". Carmine lied about Vinnies dead wife and other things. He's all confused. He also has no idea about the current shows, how many attend or anything else. All that comes from "the great guy" who also has no direct knowledge because he would never be allowed near any of them. He's just a rip off artist.

Isn't it also odd how Carmine never says what Vinnie allegedly did wrong in the rockers?

He also forgets that Vinnie never had a problem with KISS while working under his original contract. It was only after they tried to modify that contract and screw Vinnie over did the problems begin.

My favorite is Carmine whining about the Bulletboys. Carmine can't admit King Kobra was an awful band. Their songs were horrible. Carmine can't write at all. His biggest song was one he stole which Rod Stewart recorded. The Bullet Boys would have never done anything if Carmine had been around.

Carmine's ego is so huge but he doesn't have much going on so he has to continually lash out. He keeps pushing some Blue Murder reunion when he has said before the debut only sold around 150,000 copies. Peanuts for the push Geffen gave them. And Sykes wrote almost all of that. Carmine didn't do shit.

Lets hope Carmine can't get his life together and move on from whining about others.
beano

Post by beano »

VVArchives wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 12:28 am I looked and found the audio portion of Carmine trashing Vinnie

Then Carmine lies and says Vinnie took money for tickets and never did the shows and kept the money.

Odd, how Carmine doesn't realize it was the "great guy" who tried to do that, not Vinnie.

I'm sure Carmine will learn soon enough who he is actually praising. Carmine has sunk so low that the "great guy" is booking shows for Carmine.

It should also be pointed out that Carmine gets lies and other nonsense from "the great guy". Carmine lied about Vinnies dead wife and other things. He's all confused. He also has no idea about the current shows, how many attend or anything else. All that comes from "the great guy" who also has no direct knowledge because he would never be allowed near any of them. He's just a rip off artist.

Isn't it also odd how Carmine never says what Vinnie allegedly did wrong in the rockers?

He also forgets that Vinnie never had a problem with KISS while working under his original contract. It was only after they tried to modify that contract and screw Vinnie over did the problems begin.

My favorite is Carmine whining about the Bulletboys. Carmine can't admit King Kobra was an awful band. Their songs were horrible. Carmine can't write at all. His biggest song was one he stole which Rod Stewart recorded. The Bullet Boys would have never done anything if Carmine had been around.

Carmine's ego is so huge but he doesn't have much going on so he has to continually lash out. He keeps pushing some Blue Murder reunion when he has said before the debut only sold around 150,000 copies. Peanuts for the push Geffen gave them. And Sykes wrote almost all of that. Carmine didn't do shit.

Lets hope Carmine can't get his life together and move on from whining about others.

You’re boring.
A FOOL AND HIS MONEY ARE SOON PARTED
BengalWACO

Post by BengalWACO »

VVArchives wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 12:28 am I looked and found the audio portion of Carmine trashing Vinnie

Thank you for finding this!