15 of Kiss's best guitar songs that don’t feature Ace Frehley

News and information from 2018 onwards
VVArchives

Post by VVArchives »

Including Tommy Thayer and Bruce Kulick garbage.
https://www.guitarworld.com/features/15 ... ce-frehley

Their list really sucks big time!

13. Exciter
They should have mentioned all Rick did is copy what Vinnie had already done. And Vinnie's solo sounds better

8. Unholy
Did Bruce just pretty much copy what Vinnie had done?
Should Vinnie have played on the album like Gene wanted?

3. A Million to One

Guitarist: Vinnie Vincent
Album: Lick It Up (1983)

Rick Derringer may have unseated Vincent for Exciter, but when it comes to A Million to One, a mid-tempo track loaded with riffs that slink along like an indignant python, it was the Flying-V brandishing enigma's time to shine.

Vincent's full-frontal, abrasive style was parlayed with mastery here via an utterly destructive solo seemingly extracted from the depths of hell. This cut is a prime example of why some love Vincent and some can't bear to listen.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Re: 15 of Kiss's best guitar songs that don’t feature Ace Frehley

Post by Genebaby »

It's a short list and there is sooo much to cover. I'll say that like with Ace's original solo to Flaming Youth that I prefer the one on the record, no Ace's and the same with Exciter. Whatever Rick did that is killer and for so long I thought it was Vinnie cause it sounds like Vinnie.

So many others. I've Had Enough? Fits Like A Glove?...too many....a lot of Thayer on that list, that I wouldn't have bothered with, but I don't listen to those albums.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
doublev2

Re: 15 of Kiss's best guitar songs that don’t feature Ace Frehley

Post by doublev2 »

King of the mountain and ive had enough pretty good. Tears are falling and reason to live pretty Good.

Have to say the best solos while vv was in band were not by him . Creatures of the night, I still love you and exciter however I think vv solo live on exciter great and yes a million to one.

Hard to remember.
Bye Bye