News and information from 2018 onwards
Streetbeat

Re: Official NAMM 2011 reports thread

Post by Streetbeat »

There are pics of the catalog and the VV Picture on KISSFAQ
Rap Man127

Post by Rap Man127 »

Any chance of getting a link to that page streebeat?
Streetbeat

Post by Streetbeat »

the guitars are SICK SICK SICK ...amazingly beautiful a TRUE work of art
Vinnie hit it big this time
Rap Man127

Post by Rap Man127 »

Cheers
Streetbeat

Post by Streetbeat »

Cheers , they are beautiful
Rap Man127

Post by Rap Man127 »

I would love to see more pics of the booklets, maybe there are some current photos of Vinnie throughout? Has anyone talked to Diane at all and asked her any questions about Vinnie? She could answer a lot of the queries all of us have had for many years.
Rap Man127

Post by Rap Man127 »

How long has NAMM got left, how long does it go on for?
thattimeofyear87

Post by thattimeofyear87 »

A couple of more photos:

poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

The HOT PINK is exactly what I wanted. All of those guitars are beyond stellar.

I came in my pants when I saw the gold foil . :shock: :shock: :shock:

Vinnie really did hit it outta the park.
Tom- MAGNIFICENT WORK.
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

I really believe Vinnie listened to us when we were ranting about the features we wanted when we were on the Doublev forum.

That pink is like a piece of day-glo candy. The white/gold is a knock out. The Anniversary probably has real gold foil (It looks like it). The silver purple is cool and I would be happy to own it yet it the colors don't POP enough for me.

IF I WERE A RICH MAN... DA DA DA DA DA ...

SO PROUD

NEWBEGINNINGS
VVV

Post by VVV »

Price sheet:

$650 for the cases

No sign of the bass or the 6/12 double neck.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

I came AGAIN !!! :shock:

NEWBEGINNINGS
Rap Man127

Post by Rap Man127 »

$16,500!!!!!!!!!!
VVV

Post by VVV »

I'd still take my Jackson over any of these. No mojo, no Vinnie, no Tom. These are copies no better than TJ's.
He could have at least signed the back of the heads and issued a certificate for each one! Again, Vinnie doesn't know WTF he's doing. The prices are an insult to his fans and he's dreaming. Not to mention the fact that he STILL owes money for the box sets will ALWAYS detract from anything he does. And I'm just scratching the surface. His foundation is built on mud.
metatron

Post by metatron »

VVV wrote:I'd still take my Jackson over any of these. No mojo, no Vinnie, no Tom. These are copies no better than TJ's.
He could have at least signed the back of the heads and issued a certificate for each one! Again, Vinnie doesn't know WTF he's doing. The prices are an insult to his fans and he's dreaming. Not to mention the fact that he STILL owes money for the box sets will ALWAYS detract from anything he does. And I'm just scratching the surface. His foundation is built on mud.
Yes, What VVV said.
I got Jesus in my fax machine. I saw Ho Chi Minh down @ Burger King. I dated Vinnie Vincent as a Drag Queen. I still don't understand a f**kin' thing.
I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass and I'm all out of bubble gum.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Ok, so Vinnie got some guitars made but he didn't show up to promote these instruments. The catalog has on old pic of him in it holding a Jackson guitar. If anything deserved a current pic of Vinnie holding one of THESE guitars it's the catalog. At the very least.

At least now we know that there is a case for $650 you need to purchase when you buy your $9000 guitar. Come on, that's not just daylight robbery, that's doing it in the middle of the day when the sun is brightest.

With no pictures or videos of Vinnie holding, playing and endorsing these guitars they are not special. The Jacksons are special.

It's like V8 cars here in Australia. The old 70's models had a racing pedigree of being used at the track, so the cars are not just old, they are steeped in history. Now they race cars nothing like what you can buy and of course the new cars are very nice, but they will never have an association with motor sport like the others.

This is the same with the Jacksons, Vinnie used and promoted them, they are well known as Vinnie guitars. The Carvin is next in line as he was seen with it a lot and then it goes downhill from there with the Washburn and Ibanez. The new guitars come in last as they are new and currently being made. Things (like catalogs) don't just become collectible on release, we the fans/collectors have to make them collectible over time.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

That being said and true, THESE NEW GUITARS ARE PURE FUCKING BEASTS THAT NEED TO BE RAPED BY MY LUSTING HANDS . :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

NEWBEGINNINGS
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Oh yeah, I'd love one to death, but I am like that. I'm glad they are using proper Floyds and good pickups those touches make all the difference to me.

The gold paint on the Anniversary model looks great close up.

Man, it would have been the best thing if Vinnie actually was there, which he should have been. Live demos during the day would have been perfect.
thattimeofyear87

First video posted, edited very quickly:
[youtube][/youtube]

(Sorry for the shaky camera work at times.)
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Tell your friends about us!!!! Thanks Tom, great work.

The white/gold is my favourite (sooo classy and 24 frets) followed by the silver/purple. I am thinking of doing my Monster VVV in white/gold now but I need to get gold hardware, which complicates things.
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Don't apologize it was nice! Don't like the purple AZG logo and all the necks seem to have their differences. The silver/purple low E is dangerously close to the edge of the fingerboard while on the others it's ok. The 25th has a lot of meat between the low E and the edge of the board!

They do look 'kin nice though. great paint.
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
Brooklyn_Born

Post by Brooklyn_Born »

Thanks for the video Tim, these guitars are Beautiful man!! Vinnie and Tom haven't held back at all as these look like quality pieces! Would have loved to see Vinnie there also it's a real shame.. Maybe he has a fear of crowds now?? Anyway the guitars and his new music (if it happens) will hopefully do the talking for him...
Hey man, I am cool, I am the Breeze...

VVFF Rocks Hard!!!
This is not a Hate Forum Vinnie...Capisce!!?
Brooklyn has almost left the Building
Rap Man127

Post by Rap Man127 »

Any chance of seeing a picture of Vinnies wife? Is she the same age as him do you think for those of you who have seen her?
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

She would be a similar age, they were all hanging out in the 80's.
Rap Man127

Post by Rap Man127 »

But I thought that was his first wife?
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Diane was around in the 80's too. My knowledge is she'd be in her 50's for sure. None of us are getting any younger. :(
Rap Man127

Post by Rap Man127 »

True
thattimeofyear87

Here is my report, as well as another video, and some more photos below. (I know I am new, but I won't go into a long introduction about myself...I'll post something along those lines at another time.)

Seeing Vinnie's new guitars at NAMM was a great feeling. It almost took me back to being a teenager again, and staring at my Vinnie Vincent Invasion posters on the wall in my room. Collectively, I spent more than an hour at the VV booth. Though he wasn't there, it was fun getting to check out his guitars. (The rule was you could touch them, but could not remove them from their stands.)

During my second visit, appropriately the VVI S/T album was playing in the background (not appropriately, via a small boom box.) At this time, I chatted with Vinnie's wife, Diane, and she was extremely cordial and nice. I did not ask for a photo, though I probably could have. Vinnie is a very lucky man, as she seems sweet as can be. Her father, who would make him Vinnie's father-in-law, was there as well.

I also talked with Tom Palecki and asked a few technical (but not too technical) questions on the guitars. I was thinking about asking him if I could shoot video while I asked questions, but did not want to come off as too formal. I'm a guitar player myself, and play Jackson guitars pretty much because of Vinnie. I don't know how they sound, but these guitars are very striking and powerful in person. The color combinations really pop. I really like the silver/purple model, and the gold model is a beauty. I would have loved to have picked one up and plugged it in to give it a test run.

Here are a few questions I asked Tom, with his answers (not verbatim, more or less paraphrasing.)

Tom Palecki Q&A
Q: How long have these guitars been in the making?
A: Four years. It's based on a guitar he built for him in 1992, which was based on the design of his Carvin model.

Q: Which is the anniversary model?
A: The gold one.

Q: What kind of paint does it have?
A: Gold leaf.

Q: How many frets do the guitars have?
A: Three models have 22. The white model has 24.

Q: What kind of pickups?
A: They are outfitted with Seymour Duncan George Lynch Screamin' Demon pickups. With the exception of the pink model, which has a new EMG pickup.

Q: What is the third control knob for?
A: It is a rotary/phaser switch.

Q: What kind of tremolo system do the guitars have?
A: A Floyd Rose Pro, which Vinnie was adamant about having.

Q: Which color will the double-neck model come in?
A: Silver.

Q: Has Vinnie played the guitars yet?
A: No, he's only seen pictures.

Q: How long do you estimate it takes to build one of these guitars?
A: About four-six months.

Q: Are there any prototypes?
A: These are the prototypes.

Q: What about the inlays?
A: They are mother of pearl. The pink model has abalone mother of pearl inlays, and the gold anniversary model has gold leaf mother of pearl.

Interestingly, Tom also said that these particular guitars were not totally finished as some of the fretwork still needs touching up.

As I said, Vinnie's wife Diane was very friendly. I talked to her for more than a half an hour, but it seemed to go by quickly, and we were interrupted a couple of times by other visitors. I don't want to go into every detail, but here are a few things she shared:

- The big question, "How is Vinnie?" She said Vinnie is doing fine, and stressed that Vinnie is happy and healthy. She also mentioned they have been married now for 17 years.
- They live in Nashville, and have a nice property.
- Vinnie still plays guitar and records, and she says he plays a lot of acoustic around the house.
- She referenced that Vinnie has written country music, and alluded to one of this songs possibly being placed with Kenny Chesney at some point.
- Yes, I asked, "What about new music?" Her answer was that she thinks there will be a Vinnie Vincent release this year. She also mentioned that Vinnie has been hard at work on this guitar project.
- When I brought up "KISSology II" and the fact that Gene and Paul didn't have nice things to say about Vinnie in the commentary, she mentioned something about a lawsuit regarding that DVD set. She also mentioned some of the other lawsuits, including some things that have been settled out of court, but I didn't really press this subject further.
- She is aware of all the Internet rumor mill, including Vinnie being homeless, being a woman, etc. She essentially laughed it all off, and chalked it up to an example of something fictitious being created by hateful people on message boards.
- In perhaps the most obvious statement category, she said Vinnie is a "very private person."
- We talked about "Lick It Up" and how Vinnie essentially wrote the album. She says that he has all of the demos from the album that verify that Vinnie was the principal writer on all of the tracks, as well as handwritten lyrics.
- She said Vinnie is very creative and a perfectionist, and also mentioned that he was an artist. (I did not ask if he draws or paints.)

I'm the inquisitive type and I really wanted to ask more questions. I even brought my vinyl copy of "All Systems Go," thinking there would the slight chance Vinnie would be there. When I left, I told her that I was a huge fan of Vinnie's and to make sure and tell him hello for me, and that he has a fan who respects his musical talents.

Back to the guitars, in another obvious statement, I think the guitars are overpriced. Would I like to have one? Sure. They are great-looking, but I'd have to hear them plugged in before I made that type of purchase, and I don't see how that would be possible given this system they have set up. It will be interesting to see how this all develops. I asked about the website, and according to Tom, Vinnie is working on that.

This all left me with a bit of mixed feelings. But at the end of the day, I am glad Vinnie has resurfaced and hope there is indeed music on the horizon.
thattimeofyear87

My other video. Enjoy...
[youtube][/youtube]
thattimeofyear87

More pics...

White/Gold model

thattimeofyear87

Pink/Silver model:

thattimeofyear87

Gold "Anniversary" model:

thattimeofyear87

Silver/Purple model:

Rap Man127

Post by Rap Man127 »

Amazing info, finally great to here some answers about Vinnie after all this time. Thanks so much Tim for shedding some light.
Brooklyn_Born

Post by Brooklyn_Born »

Great pics Tim, thanks so much for keeping us informed! It's a surprise Vinnie hasn't seen his guitars yet other than photos...chances are Tom Palecki is the only person in the world to plug one if these beauties into an amp and try it out...
Hey man, I am cool, I am the Breeze...

VVFF Rocks Hard!!!
This is not a Hate Forum Vinnie...Capisce!!?
Brooklyn has almost left the Building
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Timstar78 = super genius!
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Thank you again Tim, great work. So glad you could be there. This is fantastic information.
Rap Man127

Post by Rap Man127 »

Agreed, lets hope new music really is on the way. Did she mention whether it was completely new material or stuff from his 2 previous unreleased albums Guitars from Hell and Guitarmageddon?
Skwint

Post by Skwint »

still not sure whicvh one i like best - pink then the silver/purple i think - amazing pics.
Cruisin' downtown, Shakin' her love, Is that babe talkin' to me, Felt my heart drop, Women can't stop, Girl has got me on my knees, Baby baby babe don't make me wonder, Won't you let me in, She said - see you later, Shot down, I'll be back again
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Great work Tim.

Can you go back tomorrow and ask them if they would do a video interview for our forum ?

Can you ask Diane what hers and Vinnie's thoughts are about the VVFF ?

Ask her if they are pissed off at the lot of us or just a few people and to name the people.

Ask her if there is a chance that Vinnie and the members of the VVFF will one day be able to have a PRIVATE chat or forum to have one on one questions answered by the man himself?

Tim, If you have read the forum ,then you know what has happened. Just be polite and ask her if you would. I don't suppose it would hurt.

NEWBEGINNINGS
TJMonster

Post by TJMonster »

After close inspection of the pics, Sorry, I feel that the shadow v is too stubby looking and so it the head stock. Even though, YES its the official model. In my eyes is just doesn't flow properly. just my opinion.
If you want to talk Guitars, PM me!
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

TJ , I have to disagree. The dimensions are damn near perfect even though I do like the variations in wing length I've seen on other guitars. Vinnie listened to his fans that preferred the "Jackson look " instead of the early 1990's Pear sleek look.

Those of us are stuck on the Jackson because it's the first VVV we saw and it brings back incredible memories.

I will one day own ALL of the versions because they are all dead sexy !!! 8) 8) 8)

NEWBEGINNINGS
TJMonster

Post by TJMonster »

aaahhhh hmmmmm. "Q: Has Vinnie played the guitars yet?
A: No, he's only seen pictures."

Im really biting my lips.............Seriously..........really.............really.... OH FUCK IT!
HOW THE FUCK CAN YOU PUT YOUR NAME ON SOMETHING YOU HAVENT EVEN TOUCHED!!!!! Sorry, i have had a bit to drink tonight...... He Paid for the NAME! VINNIE DOESN"T ACTUALLY PLAY THIS GUITAR EITHER!
TJMonster

Post by TJMonster »

poserboy71 wrote:TJ , I have to disagree. The dimensions are damn near perfect even though I do like the variations in wing length I've seen on other guitars. Vinnie listened to his fans that preferred the "Jackson look " instead of the early 1990's Pear sleek look.

Those of us are stuck on the Jackson because it's the first VVV we saw and it brings back incredible memories.

I will one day own ALL of the versions because they are all dead sexy !!! 8) 8) 8)
Sorry it just looks like my first version to me. I thought it was too stubby. If you look at Teej's guitar, the shadow is really long and sleek and hangs past the main body.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Ouch , That slipped right past me .

I guess Vinnie trusts Palecki enough to just give him the dimensions and specifications and roll with it.

We do have to remember that Vinnie has been playing the PEAR guitar for close to two decades now so he IS quite familiar with Tom's work.

NEWBEGINNINGS
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Teej and Drew's Jackson's were done without diagrams. Grover Jackson told me that is why they are not the same as Vinnie's guitars.
Teej's shadow wing length being an example.

Drew's Rhoads-like shoulders are also a good example

NEWBEGINNINGS
TJMonster

Post by TJMonster »

Those are NOT the jackson dimensions. Those are not even the carvin dimensions. Those are new dimensions. I have looked and measured this guitar a hundred times over the last 18 years. These are the FIRST to ever have the same dimensions. They are very well crafted though. Tom is a great luthier. There is not doubt. I just would have wanted a little sleeker shadow thats all. And i can understand the price difference in the anniversary model, Gold leaf is expensive as well as a bitch to work with.
By the way rick, send me your address. I know your up. answer my text.... lol
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

I went and grabbed my phone. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Anyway, I should rephrase my observation by saying Jackson "LOOK" instead of "DIMENSIONS". I used the incorrect terminology .
Compared to the early 90's PEAR, these guitars have more of the VIBE and SPIRIT of the Jacksons.

Ya dig ? 8) 8) 8) :wink: :wink: :wink:

NEWBEGINNINGS