You are now Vinnie's Manager....

General Vinnie Vincent Discussion
aeroflott

You are now Vinnie's Manager....

Post by aeroflott »

So let's play "let's pretend".

You have been appointed as Vinnie's new manager. Starting today, clean slate, pretend the past 12 months haven't happened.

So what do you advise him to do?

Here's my thoughts:

1. Sort the boxset out. Number 1 priority. This is a problem that needs to be fixed. Get some positive press. Put things right with the people still waiting. Sign every one. Get them out the door. Fix it. Then offer it for sale on a website.
2. Get a ghost writer/author in. Get the memoir written. From the heart - the whole truth. Be humble, admit mistakes. Get the book out there.
3. Ease into some intimate gigs. Just you, an acoustic and electric guitar. Think along the lines of Gene's Vault events. Sit on a stool. 50 people at each. Press the flesh, tell some stories, play some tunes, noodle around on the guitar. Doesn't have to be perfect. No pressure, no big production, no band.
4. If the above goes well, do more sporadically.
5. Forget the expo appearances. Don't over expose yourself. Keep some mystery to the Vinnie Vincent brand. Make fans want more.
6. Don't bad mouth anyone. It's all in the past. No good can come of it. Be gracious. Be humble. Be who you want to be, and the fans will welcome you back with open arms.

I'm sure there's more good advice out there. What you got?
Slayer

Re: You are now Vinnie's Manager....

Post by Slayer »

Good start to me.............
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Pretty much it!
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

A big part of it, don't overprice things!!!

The internet is laughing at the price for the upcoming show, along with the $500 extra for signing musical equipment. That sort of stuff has to stop too.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
QSano

Post by QSano »

I agree with a solo acoustic tour. It could be like Ray Davies did before the book X-Ray came out.

Vinnie could talk about a few stories that would tease the book, play some songs written from around the time of the story (example, play a Laura Nyro song or something he wrote around that time) and record every show.

Have someone (not VV) listen to all the shows and assemble it into a 30-45 minute disc of highlights from each show and sell it on iTunes for $10 or $15 as well as autographed online for $25/$30 (I bought a double Bob Weir CD autographed for $30 on his site and he's bigger than VV with the Dead history).

Get the Boxed Set out there. Offer it on iTunes and on his website. Give the people who prepaid a download code so they can get it digital. Obviously these are more expensive to produce so don't manufacture more and maybe do a vinyl pressing or release in the future. Make sure the people who have paid get physical copies along with their downloads.

Look into hiring an independent filmmaker to do a documentary based upon WTF happened over the last 20 years. Release it to Netflix or Amazon Prime. I have seen documentries on people way less famous do really well. Couple the oddness of VV's story and this could have huge crossover appeal.

Hire a publicist and get him into Guitar Player or some magazine like that. We know that they could get the little blurbs from people like John 5 and a lot of the popular players they feature all the time to say a little bit about him as well.

Get the book going. This would sell tons of copies.

Keep appearance and meet and greets affordable ($100 max) for a while. This may not make a ton of money fast but would build good will and good press.

Start talking to someone like Jeff Kiesel about making a one off VVV again (VV is still listed as a past endorser and they make weird stuff). Get an interview of VV at the factory and maybe do a little online retrospective of his history with the brand. I guess FMIC could do this as they own Jackson but Carvin may be more interested.

If Keisel wouldn't do him a one off maybe send VV to the factory with his Carvin anyway and do kind of a history video on him/it explaining how it was made, etc... kind of like Fender does with the EHV, Blackie, Robertson, etc... 'iconic' guitars.

Release a coffee table book with unreleased photos and some short stories.

Don't send VV to monster conventions or things like that. Keep it music related.

Get someone like GE Smith, Seymour Duncan, Grover Jackson, etc... to write the forward to his book and give some blurbs for the back.
Invader

Post by Invader »

1. I would put him on a bus and display outside all end of the road tour dates. Big money
2. Book out by xmas 19 called: Gene you nasty burly man and Paul Stanley you evil, greedy person U - How I ankhed KISS
3. Major tour of 1000 dates over the next five years.
4. Facebook official
5. Instagram official
6. 10 new albums in the span of 5 years
7. Co-headline tour with Slaughter
8. New products like floss, lingerie, shoes, wigs and sex toy line called Heavy Pettin
9. Series of cook book and separate YT account for cooking as they say he was working as a chef all these years and now returned to music after retiring from cheffing - I wonder what kinda chef he was? With those fingers he can certainly roll any sushi there is f.e.
metatron

Post by metatron »

aeroflott wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:08 am So let's play "let's pretend".

You have been appointed as Vinnie's new manager. Starting today, clean slate, pretend the past 12 months haven't happened.

So what do you advise him to do?

Here's my thoughts:

1. Sort the boxset out. Number 1 priority. This is a problem that needs to be fixed. Get some positive press. Put things right with the people still waiting. Sign every one. Get them out the door. Fix it. Then offer it for sale on a website.
2. Get a ghost writer/author in. Get the memoir written. From the heart - the whole truth. Be humble, admit mistakes. Get the book out there.
3. Ease into some intimate gigs. Just you, an acoustic and electric guitar. Think along the lines of Gene's Vault events. Sit on a stool. 50 people at each. Press the flesh, tell some stories, play some tunes, noodle around on the guitar. Doesn't have to be perfect. No pressure, no big production, no band.
4. If the above goes well, do more sporadically.
5. Forget the expo appearances. Don't over expose yourself. Keep some mystery to the Vinnie Vincent brand. Make fans want more.
6. Don't bad mouth anyone. It's all in the past. No good can come of it. Be gracious. Be humble. Be who you want to be, and the fans will welcome you back with open arms.

I'm sure there's more good advice out there. What you got?
Oh, so be like MAB. a Good, humble, grateful guy who can tear shreds off everyone in the know and unknown universe.
Ok, sounds like a plan.
I got Jesus in my fax machine. I saw Ho Chi Minh down @ Burger King. I dated Vinnie Vincent as a Drag Queen. I still don't understand a f**kin' thing.
I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass and I'm all out of bubble gum.