Anyone pick up Warrior II Disc?

General Vinnie Vincent Discussion
QSano

Anyone pick up Warrior II Disc?

Post by QSano »

I am a fan of VV but I have to say the Warrior stuff sounds like a killer guitarist, singer, songwriter with a mediocre band.

I know Hirsh Gardner from his days at Daddy's Music in Boston and now I believe he works at Guitar Center. I never knew about New England so I checked them out and didn't really dig what they're doing. Obviously Gary Shea and Jimmy Waldo have had good careers but on the Warrior stuff the drums suck and the keys are pretty goofy IMHO.

Had Bobby Rock and maybe Gary Shea been in a trio with VV it would have been epic. Even Rock and Shea.

The Warrior II disc (I didn't even know it was out until it was suggested on Amazon) is 2 discs so it's cool to have but is kind of a letdown.
shramiac

Re: Anyone pick up Warrior II Disc?

Post by shramiac »

Vinnie pretty much describes those guys as mediocre.
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
pullitt

Re: Anyone pick up Warrior II Disc?

Post by pullitt »

Vinnie was the driving force, they just played what he told them obviously. I would be surprised if that wasn't the case, because they basically broke up their somewhat established band to become his backing band. I think Warrior drumming is excellent, simple and powerful, and aids the song, lets it breathe and doesn't get in the way of guitar and especially vocals. I got a kick out of complete versions of Hot Nights and No Substitute on the Warrior II. Had they been of the same quality as the other full demos (Boyz etc.) it'd be a killer album back in the day.