Vinnie Wikipedia Entry

General Vinnie Vincent Discussion
Euphoria

Vinnie Wikipedia Entry

Post by Euphoria »

Check this out see what you guys think. I'm sure some of you may have checked it out before, I have various times over the years. Just that upon reading it now, I'm sure it has now been edited by... well, you know who. Just the language, and various parts of it, make it pretty obvious! The most obvious bits on there were definitely not there before.

Also, not long ago, there was a separate section about the release of the new guitars. That now isn't there, so if it is being changed by who we think, maybe the whole thing is indeed pulled.

Then again, wiki can be changed by anyone, so who knows? :P

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vinnie_Vincent
Genebaby
Site Admin

Re: Vinnie Wikipedia Entry

Post by Genebaby »

It is a bit different, and the talk of how Speedball Jam is going for $100 on Ebay when I got a signed copy for $20 or $25, and the bootlegs being gold amongst collectors is a bit much.

However, I don't think Vinnie would have been so subjective on everything else had he the chance to update/change the page.

The biggest thing that tells me it wasn't him is that the VVFF is now in the external links!!!!

Not everybody can really change things as I did try and put the VVFF in the external links and the next day they removed it and sent me an email, so whoever has done this has more authority than I did.

I could only imagine what the page would look like if Vinnie had total control over it..... :roll:
Commander in chief - VVF Army
Marchosias

Post by Marchosias »

If you go to 'View History' there look to have been numerous recent edits from various people/IPs.
Euphoria

Post by Euphoria »

These were some of the things that seemed a little strange to me. Maybe it's just me, but a lot of the language seems very defensive. I know what you mean though, about leaving other things, but maybe you can't change so much, I don't really know how they work it.

...an album in which Vincent had a vested interest as a co-writer of the band's songs, such as "I Love It Loud", "Killer", and "I Still Love You."

After leaving Kiss, Vincent began recording demos which formed the basis of Vincent's first solo recording "VINNIE VINCENT INVASION."

...the truth was that because Vincent was continually on call for nearly one year during the making of "Revenge" Vincent asked for an advance against royalties to compensate him for his time, especially since he was not a member of the band at that point. The usual tantrum erupted at Vincent's request marking the third and final time which permanently severed their musical and personal ties.

Just the writing seems familiar. Also there's a lot of stuff in the 'Before and After KISS' section that was never there before. Considering how secretive VV is, seems a lot of the things in there are quite exclusive. About Laura Nyro in particular.

Maybe I'm just reading too much into everything, I have a bee in my bonnet about this stuff :lol:
doublev

Post by doublev »

I will check the ips out and see if its him. I got to say i think it is him actually.y
Fullshed

Post by Fullshed »

sure reads like him to me
Into the Spyder's Web I fall!!!!
doublev

Post by doublev »

After checking into this I can 100% confirm with proof vinnie is writing his own Wikipedia entries. This not unusual however. He's going to tinker with it on a regular basis , I am sure.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Interesting, who put the link to here on there?
doublev

Post by doublev »

Mark my words. He will start using Wikipedia to threat fans and advertise himself . Problem is people will chsnge it unlike youtube. His opening more cans of worms if he does this.
WizKid

Post by WizKid »

Look at the wiki now, wow!:

"In 2010, Vincent turned against his fans by banning anyone that provided criticism or questioned his ethics in regards to a box set that was offered to fans in the 1990's for $100+ and never delivered after hard-working, loyal fans plunked down money for product. With no explanation or satisfaction given to these fans, Vincent began hiding out in obscurity. In 2010, he took control of a fan-generated message forum and began teasing a signature guitar model and possible comeback to the music world. He quickly locked nearly all fans out of said forum that questioned him while teasing a possible comeback via signature guitar at the NAMM show in early 2011. While a booth was set up at NAMM showing these "signature" guitars, only builder Tom Palecki and a female member of Vincent's family had the nerve to show up to promote a guitar that costs $9000.00 that Vincent had never seen, much less touched in his life. A catalog was promised for fans willing to plunk down $150.00 which has yet to be delivered and a phone line set up to take orders for the guitar has been disconnected. With a recent threat to sue a fan that is willing to speak about Vincent on a podcast, many fans are disillusioned and have reached the point of exchanging their fandom for concern over the mental well-being of the former KISS guitarist." :lol:
Check out the Decibel Geek Podcast at http://dbgeekshow.blogspot.com/
doublev

Post by doublev »

Regarding the vv forum link.. Not vinnie. It may have been me. For some reason if I write on Wikipedia and someone tries to remove it .. it comes back!!
WizKid

Post by WizKid »

doublev wrote:Not vinnie. It may have been me. For some reason if I write on Wikipedia and someone tries to remove it .. it comes back!!

hahahah.......no comment. :D
Check out the Decibel Geek Podcast at http://dbgeekshow.blogspot.com/
Fullshed

Post by Fullshed »

man when I read that Vinnie stuff on there I just wanna scream GET ON WITH IT...JESUS!!!
Fullshed

Post by Fullshed »

WizKid wrote:Look at the wiki now, wow!:

"In 2010, Vincent turned against his fans by banning anyone that provided criticism or questioned his ethics in regards to a box set that was offered to fans in the 1990's for $100+ and never delivered after hard-working, loyal fans plunked down money for product. With no explanation or satisfaction given to these fans, Vincent began hiding out in obscurity. In 2010, he took control of a fan-generated message forum and began teasing a signature guitar model and possible comeback to the music world. He quickly locked nearly all fans out of said forum that questioned him while teasing a possible comeback via signature guitar at the NAMM show in early 2011. While a booth was set up at NAMM showing these "signature" guitars, only builder Tom Palecki and a female member of Vincent's family had the nerve to show up to promote a guitar that costs $9000.00 that Vincent had never seen, much less touched in his life. A catalog was promised for fans willing to plunk down $150.00 which has yet to be delivered and a phone line set up to take orders for the guitar has been disconnected. With a recent threat to sue a fan that is willing to speak about Vincent on a podcast, many fans are disillusioned and have reached the point of exchanging their fandom for concern over the mental well-being of the former KISS guitarist." :lol:
Well...a little bit of reality :idea:
doublev

Post by doublev »

Chris.. i was replying to genebaby on my last post, I think I put the vvforum link up....in regard to your post.. Haha it's going to be a mine field on the vv Wikipedia now.
Fullshed

Post by Fullshed »

laughing...funny Dino
doublev

Post by doublev »

Full shed.. I agree.. why the fuck doesn't he just put the fucking music out instead of spending all his days on the internet. He is only making everything much much worse for himself. No one has any belief any music is coming out. Why dorsnt he put a tape of him playing his acoustic stuff on YouTube. Little things like that would go a long long way.
doublev

Post by doublev »

I have an ip and am checking this user out amongst others. DAworDisDAword101 a typical vv user name.
doublev

Post by doublev »

By the way .. I speak to Robert and no way would he work with v again . He even said that publicly .
Euphoria

Post by Euphoria »

Interesting stuff. Thanks for checking it out. Confirms what I thought! I just checked the history, and he edited the VVI page as well, thats nearly just as obvious. Shame. But when you compare the edititons from now to how they used to be, and read his additions, it does give quite an insight into his mind.
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

SIGH!!! :cry:
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
Euphoria

Post by Euphoria »

Check this out, messages from Moderators on his editing page.

March 2011

Please stop assuming ownership of articles such as Vinnie Vincent. Doing so may lead to disruptive behavior such as edit wars and is a violation of policy, which may lead to your being blocked from editing Wikipedia. Please stop edit warring or else you will be blocked. Jezhotwells (talk) 13:17, 9 March 2011 (UTC)

Please stop your disruptive editing. If you continue to violate Wikipedia's no original research policy by adding your personal analysis or synthesis into articles, as you did at Vinnie Vincent, you may be blocked from editing. J04n(talk page) 13:20, 9 March 2011 (UTC)

You have been blocked from editing
You have been blocked from editing for a period of 24 hours for repeatedly adding original research and ignoring messages on your userpage and the article's talkpage to provide sources, as you did at Vinnie Vincent. Once the block has expired, you are welcome to make useful contributions. If you would like to be unblocked, you may appeal this block by adding the text {{unblock|reason=Your reason here ~~~~}}, but you should read the guide to appealing blocks first. J04n(talk page) 19:54, 9 March 2011 (UTC)

The link is here, for those interested.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_talk: ... sDAword101
metatron

Post by metatron »

LMAO...
I got Jesus in my fax machine. I saw Ho Chi Minh down @ Burger King. I dated Vinnie Vincent as a Drag Queen. I still don't understand a f**kin' thing.
I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass and I'm all out of bubble gum.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Great job Dino.
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
doublev

Post by doublev »

With help from someone very close to him. . I have a few other leads on this stuff. Good work everyone by the way. Some great new members here.
Fullshed

Post by Fullshed »

Euphoria wrote:Check this out, messages from Moderators on his editing page.

March 2011

Please stop assuming ownership of articles such as Vinnie Vincent. Doing so may lead to disruptive behavior such as edit wars and is a violation of policy, which may lead to your being blocked from editing Wikipedia. Please stop edit warring or else you will be blocked. Jezhotwells (talk) 13:17, 9 March 2011 (UTC)

Please stop your disruptive editing. If you continue to violate Wikipedia's no original research policy by adding your personal analysis or synthesis into articles, as you did at Vinnie Vincent, you may be blocked from editing. J04n(talk page) 13:20, 9 March 2011 (UTC)

You have been blocked from editing
You have been blocked from editing for a period of 24 hours for repeatedly adding original research and ignoring messages on your userpage and the article's talkpage to provide sources, as you did at Vinnie Vincent. Once the block has expired, you are welcome to make useful contributions. If you would like to be unblocked, you may appeal this block by adding the text {{unblock|reason=Your reason here ~~~~}}, but you should read the guide to appealing blocks first. J04n(talk page) 19:54, 9 March 2011 (UTC)

The link is here, for those interested.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_talk: ... sDAword101
Ha Ha another hilarious VV moment

Welcome EUPHORIA :mrgreen:
doublev

Post by doublev »

Euphoria is kicking ass. Euphoria were you on the dv board?
doublev

Post by doublev »

Anyone noticed some of the other contributors? Check closely.
Euphoria

Post by Euphoria »

hey, back guys. yeah I was on the doublev board as 'jamieinge'. i think i signed up around late 2007, early 2008. something like that, not 100% sure. I never really posted, i'm more of a listener to be honest, happy to read whats going on. i was a regular checker of the board though, been around since all this stuff started happening. i remember when the supposed 'comeback' was announced. damn was exciting. now it seems crazy. i discovered this board after the last one was shut down/closed, read it regularly ever since until i signed up a few weeks ago finally. i said in my 'hello' message, seems strange, i read everything you guys said for months, seems like i knew you already. but yeah, finally i'm around))
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

doublev wrote:Anyone noticed some of the other contributors? Check closely.
Clue us in Dino please.
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Guitfartmaggedon? Markvs88....hmmmmmm,
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
birnie

Post by birnie »

Like sands through the hour glass.
My gawd this stuff is good!
I have no doubt there will be no music, so this will have to do as far as Vinnie-tainment goes

Guitfartmaggedon?
Classic !!
doublev

Post by doublev »

Vinnie's next legal target.. Wikipedia. Like they warned him he wants to take ownership of the page but thank god Wikipedia is an intelligent organization. There is still a lot of stuff that he wrote that will be removed soon. He will get banned because he will not be able to help himself. They ban. ip and user ..
Skwint

Post by Skwint »

fartmagedon and daword both gone by the look of it - page does not exist - i wonder - lol.
Cruisin' downtown, Shakin' her love, Is that babe talkin' to me, Felt my heart drop, Women can't stop, Girl has got me on my knees, Baby baby babe don't make me wonder, Won't you let me in, She said - see you later, Shot down, I'll be back again
DarrenD

Post by DarrenD »

About 2 months ago I put up the external link to here. I was doing some Washburn edit external links and just went to the VV wikipedia quick and swapped it in. Whether it was up before that or taken down and put back up within that time I do not know.
vinniefan83

Post by vinniefan83 »

I never believed that stuff Gene and Paul said about Vinnie being self destructive. But here he (or a friend of his) is being quite naive and self destructive for everyone to see... crazy!
doublev

Post by doublev »

i always argued what kiss said about vv until it happened to me too and then to all of us.
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

As Diane says he is a very private person. He expects that he can harm people and steal their money and keep that confidential.

Isn't sad that a persons behavior can be so deviated that in the end these 2 facts always surface.
vinniefan83

Post by vinniefan83 »

I understand him being a very private person and respect his right to privacy... but most of the private people I know don't write Wikipedia pages about themselves... or take money from fans for boxed sets that don't exist. It's such a shame to read some of the things on this forum about him. I don't doubt they're true I just think it's a shame. Still, like most of us here I guess the music is what we love not his dubious business practices offstage!
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

We are fans of the music and the cool people who hang out here. Most Vinnie fans are cool.

I guess you need to be to"get" his music. Not so much with Kiss fans.
vinniefan83

Post by vinniefan83 »

Glad to be part of the "cool" crowd!