A singing Vinnie?

General Vinnie Vincent Discussion
heavystef

A singing Vinnie?

Post by heavystef »

Does anybody know if Vinnie ever sang a complete song live with KISS? In the band we are discussing if I - being the Vinnie - should sing "Shock ME". :roll: Strange imagination... What are you thinking??? :? :? :?
And on the 8th day god created rock'n roll!
doublev2

Re: A singing Vinnie?

Post by doublev2 »

No vv never sang with kiss. He did sing 'come on' in the lick it up chourus. I think a million to one would have been the perfect tune for vinnies voice however.
Bye Bye
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

He did backing vocals live, but not a song as lead singer. Maybe if he'd stayed longer he would have sung a song either live or on an album.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
Warrior

Post by Warrior »

heavystef wrote:Does anybody know if Vinnie ever sang a complete song live with KISS? In the band we are discussing if I - being the Vinnie - should sing "Shock ME". :roll: Strange imagination... What are you thinking??? :? :? :?
Vinnie has a wonderful voice, Yes A Million To One would have been a perfect fit.
heavystef

Post by heavystef »

so maybe I should think about being the Vinnie in the band? :?: :?: :?: my voice is more similar to ace's... :cry: :cry: :cry:
And on the 8th day god created rock'n roll!
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Be Vinnie, just sing the Ace tunes, it will be great!
Warrior

Post by Warrior »

Genebaby wrote:Be Vinnie, just sing the Ace tunes, it will be great!
I second that !.
erg2

Post by erg2 »

I just can't hear Vinnie singing any Ace tunes. Not that Ace has a good voice. Ace has an Ace voice.
I think that if Gene and Paul truly walked the walk then Eric and Vinnie would've each had at least one vocal on Lick It Up. Unfortunately Gene and Paul are full of shit.
Open your window and see the real world
To know what you've been missing
Come out of the shadows
Insecurity lies
In a heart afraid to listen
PinkWiz

Post by PinkWiz »

erg2 wrote:I just can't hear Vinnie singing any Ace tunes. Not that Ace has a good voice. Ace has an Ace voice.
I think that if Gene and Paul truly walked the walk then Eric and Vinnie would've each had at least one vocal on Lick It Up. Unfortunately Gene and Paul are full of shit.

Yes Eric would've been good singing All Hell's Breakin Loose and Vinnie singing And On The 8th Day.
Warrior

Post by Warrior »

erg2 wrote:I just can't hear Vinnie singing any Ace tunes. Ace has an Ace voice.
That is so true, well said, but then again I love Shock Me, Rocket Ride, Ace's Solo album etc and some of the Comet stuff.
There is definately a place for Ace's Vocal's but Vinnie could have and would have taken the spotlight if given the opportunity.All Vinnie's demo's with his vocals are incredible.
erg2

Post by erg2 »

Warrior wrote:There is definately a place for Ace's Vocal's but Vinnie could have and would have taken the spotlight if given the opportunity.All Vinnie's demo's with his vocals are incredible.
I know a lot of people on here like Vinnie's voice, but I'm not a huge fan. I think he can carry a tune. Given the right song I probably wouldn't hate it. But I have to...and this is just for me personally...disagree with the adjective "incredible". I would've said "serviceable", but we here at the VVFF have always supported our right to differ on opinion.
Open your window and see the real world
To know what you've been missing
Come out of the shadows
Insecurity lies
In a heart afraid to listen
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

I'm with you, Vinnie's voice is ok, but I prefer when someone like Robert or Mark sings the songs, which is clearly Vinnie's vision for his music as well, for he could have sung but chose to get a singer. Talented ones at that!
PinkWiz

Post by PinkWiz »

While I wouldn't say Vinnie's voice is incredible, he definitely could've been the lead singer in the Invasion if he wasn't chasing that super-high/falsetto singer. He's a waaay better singer with more range than some famous lead singers who are million-sellers (Bret Michaels, Vince Neil and hell, even Ace... but Ace is Ace.)

I know I'm in the minority, but after hearing the Warrior demos, I believe Vinnie should've taken the Aldo Nova/Billy Squier approach as songwriter/lead singer/lead guitarist (and with his ego, ALL the attention could've remained on him). But again, he wanted that Robert Plant type singer, so it's a moot point anyway I guess...
KissMyAss

Post by KissMyAss »

heavystef wrote:Does anybody know if Vinnie ever sang a complete song live with KISS? In the band we are discussing if I - being the Vinnie - should sing "Shock ME". :roll: Strange imagination... What are you thinking??? :? :? :?
Shock Me had too much of Ace's personality to be copied even by a similar voice. The rest of his vocals are fair game for cover material. If you've got the voice for Ace's vocals, then sing his leads. Sounds like a plan.
Live life as though it is the third law; "to every action there is an equal and opposite reaction." Rules apply whether we are cognizant of them or oblivious.