Ode to the Ankh Warrior

General Vinnie Vincent Discussion
youngnwasted

Ode to the Ankh Warrior

Post by youngnwasted »

Does anyone remember that song? It was on youtube for a while. The guy has it set to private now. I was wondering if he was on here. I'd like to see if he would like to contribute that to the fanz r gonna rock online tribute disc. If so, fanzrgonnarock@gmail.com :D
doublev2

Re: Ode to the Ankh Warrior

Post by doublev2 »

Good luck with project. Rick is a great singer. He can do a Richie Scarlet like version of back on the streets but much better. Rick is actually Richie scarlet. I so would buy rick singing bots.

James are you the guy that loaned vv the carvin that is in your avatar?
Bye Bye
youngnwasted

Post by youngnwasted »

Ricky Scarlet lol. Could name the one-off project VV's Comet. And nooo, I've never loaned him anything.
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

I remember the guy who loaned that carvin telling the story.
Rick did a great I stole your love with a Richie scarlet almost Peter criss style vocals. Sammy is a perfect gene too and sang with onefinger.
Bye Bye
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Too bad vv is pretty much over with kiss expos after burning bridges at least 3 of them
Bye Bye
youngnwasted

Post by youngnwasted »

Yes, it is quite too bad. I could see him not wanting to go overseas but to at least do a mini-tour of the states. Hit up some places closer to home for him.
youngnwasted

Post by youngnwasted »

And yes I've heard the expo stories, particulary in Atlanta and Sweden. The latter being discussed at large at kissfaq.com
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

When he didn't show up in new jersey he had a car service from nashville to just outside of new york city requested.
I believe all kiss expo promoters I spoke to won't touch him.
Bye Bye
BigEd

Post by BigEd »

I had offered him 2 shows....one in Bridgeport Connecticut and the other in Nashville or even closer to his town of Smyrna !!! Heard a little back in regards to Bridgeport but never heard back from him in regards to Nashville....

In response to your inquiries,
1. You have Vinnie's permission to mention him by name.
2. Cost:  If someone is putting money up for the show, they pay all expenses, including but nto limtied to rental of the venue for the evening, appropriate security, all advertising, and anything else connected with the concert (i.e. travel, 1st class food/lodging for VV and his musicians, costs associated with proper sound system, etcl.)  Whether these costs would be recouped against 100% of the gross would have to be negotiated, however, Vinnie's non-refundable non-recoupable advance would have to be an advance up front as a guaranty of 50% of the gross of 1,400 seats, ticketed at $100 per seat, which would equate to $70K for the one performance.
3. This would be estimated to take place within 8 months because offers are coming in for special event performances from across the world.
4. You are to define yourself as a a business acquaintence.

Any other questions?  Spyder

---- crdedward@aol.com wrote:
Spyder...I know you gave me a little information yesterday in regards to the cost of Vinnie playing in Bridgeport and I'm working on that as we speak. There may be a few people I may need to talk to but I don't really want to mention Vinnie's name unless I have is OK. These people are going to ask who the artist is and there costs/requests...they are also going to ask how soon this will take place and how (I'm) involved with this??? There going to ask...are You his friend, manager, business associate, tour manager etc ??? I don't want to act like I'm representing Vinnie (BECAUSE I'M NOT) I'm just trying to get this ball rolling !!!  Any advise would be helpful...Ed
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Look at all the problems with Vinnie's reply. The lies continue as well. Other offers? Ridiculous, Vinnie is doing nothing and is available tonight.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
Streetbeat

Post by Streetbeat »

and accross the world, mmmm vinnie's world !
PinkWiz

Post by PinkWiz »

Sure Vin's super busy... his keyboard ain't gonna type itself.
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

70k advance. I suppose it's a starting place but i doubt kiss could even get a 70k non negotiable advance.
That said it could be a starting place.
If I was booking vv and he had a proven track record i still wwould find a 5000 deposit very risky.
Bye Bye
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Genebaby wrote:Look at all the problems with Vinnie's reply. The lies continue as well. Other offers? Ridiculous, Vinnie is doing nothing and is available tonight.
The Wolfman's offer ?
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

One other offer is not keeping his diary full. He could do something tonight, or any night, if he was able to leave the house.
Commander in chief - VVF Army