who is this guy

General Vinnie Vincent Discussion
doublev

who is this guy

Post by doublev »

on the vinnie vincent facebook ..
its true .. he claims gene simmons had vv's wife killed? Shit.

Dominic A Homan
I donated to 30 charities.
May 20 at 8:47am · Like · Comment

Dominic Anthony Homan
Fox, Ankh are the originals now Fukk catman II, spaceman II
June 1 at 3:27pm · Like · Comment

Dominic Anthony Homan
tomatos...

Dominic Anthony Homan
Vinnie Vincent is a vegetarian good salads broccoli

Dominic Anthony Homan
gene simmons had your first wife killed, threaten to kill Carvello family if Carr didnt hoax or die.
June 1 at 3:26pm · Like · Comment

Dominic A Homan
Say you Ankh, Fox will be in Heav and gene if in hades wont ever see Carr or Vincent ever again. Fox was fired before he died.....right let go as not to be on their insurance not even for a half a year what the F.
May 15 at 12:00am · Like · Comment
doublev

Re: who is this guy

Post by doublev »

i know eric carr was looking to join another band and was fired from kiss. i also had an interview from 1990 where he seemed pretty pissed off with the band. I really was surprised he was on the hot in the shade tour after i read what he said.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Tell us more Dino!!!
Commander in chief - VVF Army
Brooklyn_Born

Post by Brooklyn_Born »

Also Eric called Ace Frehley very upset telling him how unhappy he was in kiss & Ace told Eric that he could always play in Ace's band... Ace had a real soft spot for Eric he loved him a lot...
Hey man, I am cool, I am the Breeze...

VVFF Rocks Hard!!!
This is not a Hate Forum Vinnie...Capisce!!?
Brooklyn has almost left the Building
doublev

Post by doublev »

Eric was asked to be the drummer on either the 2nd or 3rd Frehley's Comet record in off time from Kiss but Gene said no to him which upset him.
In a RIP magazine interview just before Hot in the Shade came out, Eric was saying shit about Gene, I couldn't believe it. A lot because he said that Little Ceaser was not going to make it to the record (which it did in the end) and a few other things. I thought to myself Eric is leaving the band or will be kicked out.
Eric even said he was kicked out of the band while he was ill. He was calling around to see if he could get a gig (this is in the early stages). I can not remember who was saying this but it was a family member. I don't think Eric was getting on with Gene and even if he got better I think he would have been out. Obviously this is just stuff you read so its not 100% certain.
doublev

Post by doublev »

i wonder if Eric had contact with VV after he left.
Bruce said Eric loved Vinnie, and coming from a guy who aint hot on vv, it must be true.
Not sure if it was the music or the whole package.
I know Eric wasn't maybe as technically good as Bobby Rock, but I think he just sounded so good and not boring at all. I think he went out of his way to not be boring. A lot of people say he didn't come from jazz like Peter Criss, Bobby Rock (and it think even Singer), but I hear more jazz in his playing than Singer and Rock (I love Bobby Rock however - maybe eric was a hard hitter and thats why he wasn't associated with jazz)
Maybe Eric's sound came from good recording and producers, engineers, mixers etc, but he did sound great to me. Actually Peter and Eric are two of my favourite rock drummers . I know there are many more more talented drummers but they just had something.

shit i am rambling again. B O R I N G !
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

I have probably read that Rip magazine interview but can't remember it, Dino you are like an elephant!

Things were strained towards the end with those guys, but Eric brought a lot of it on himself.
doublev

Post by doublev »

i tell you, i was so into VV that I all I did was search for anything VV related. I had subscriptions to 4 or 5 british magazines (I was in New Orleans at the time) because they had up to date news and sometimes had VV stuff. The american ones I think were monthly and you got news about 2 months after it happened. I think their was another one called metal forces maybe and Metal Hammer, maybe another one as well. I don't think much VV related stuff got passed me.

The only thing I would love to find is the 3 piece shoot if VVI. I am not sure if Robert was just cropped out but I remember a wicker chair I think. I thought it was in an end of year annual from a british magaizine but never found it.
ankh

Post by ankh »

abour Eric situation, you can read it in the Greg Prato book-there's a thread about it in the forum.Eric wanted to play on what did becom the trouble walking record, and he spent a whole day helping Ace auditioning his second guitarist- the job went to Ritchie Scarlet.Ace had also a phenomenal drummer early in his solo career, Billy Ward, now a very much respected drummer among his peers.

Eric was playng with passion and enthusiasm, and always played for the song.Altough i'm sure he's a great drummer, i've never liked Singer, since i've seen him on the Gary Moor long form vid from Stockholm.It's a matter of personal preference.

I've attended the Donington1988 and Eric -for me- was easily the most enjoyable musician of the whole day.He played with fire, passion and enthusiasm.His personality showed through his playng.
“Men are apt to be much more influenced by words than by the actual facts of the surrounding reality.” I.Pavlov

MY YOU TUBE CHANNEL:
http://www.youtube.com/user/mesolimbicn ... sults_main

Lemmy: "Can you hear this horrible sound coming out of my monitors?"
Monitor guy: "No."
Lemmy: "Neither can I.Turn me up!"
doublev

Post by doublev »

his solos were so fun. I am with you.
I didn't mind Singer with Jake E Lee and also on the Paul Stanley solo tour. I think he was told he over played but I liked that. What the point of not overplaying in rock. I thought that was the point.
Brooklyn_Born

Post by Brooklyn_Born »

Eric Carr was always the number 1 drummer for me... Thunderous with speed...

VVFF Rocks Hard!!!
doublev

Post by doublev »

and he played with the melody and not always the rhythm which I like. I like Peter's happy style too. Peter's feel ruled over his technique however. My favourite Jazz drummer was like that too.
Brooklyn_Born

Post by Brooklyn_Born »

Which jazz drummer??

VVFF Rocks Hard!!!
quentin

Post by quentin »

Eric C to me like Bonham. You hear him, and instantly recognize him. I loved his kits, he always had some good setups. He used alot of square drums to my surprise. In this day and age people are weary of square drums saying they don't have as much tone as say standard toms. The sound he got out of those square toms to me proves these guys wrong. I personally like square drums depending on the dimension, and depth. He used alot of power toms, which drum companies should start making again. I every once in awhile do watch his old drum solos, and he still mops the floor with a million other guys including Singer. Had he not gotten sick I think him, and Vinnie would have jammed again. That would have been good for Vinnie cause he's been more comfortable with Eric than the Invasion members, and would have probably released more music. Eric, and Vinnie made a powerful section to Kiss during their time, and gave them a strong spine which was lacking. Kiss had a hard time before they came along, and had lost their backbone. They may have had loyal fans but they'd become a cartoon show that loses its appeal cause the kids grow up. They were on the edge of a time whe musicianship was coming to be with Rhoads, and Evh, and other guitar gods. There is no way in hell that Kiss would have lasted more than a few more years had Eric, and Vinnie not come along. That not just an opinion, if we go back to that time compare Dynasty to Vh1 or Blizzard of Oz. They're music becomes hysterical. They had to have a guitarist like Vinnie cause if they'd had a Frehley hack like they do now, they wouldn't have lasted. With Peter, all the fans know he was in bad shape, and I love his playing, and the song he did with Kiss but he really seem to never evolve during that period. And again it was a time when the drummers were becoming more phenomenal, Peter had some heavy competition.
doublev

Post by doublev »

his sets always recorded so well. Ludwig in the 80s sounded great in the studio. He used concert toms on Creatures and Lick it up which I think Peter also used from Love Gun onwards.
I only have played square toms so I don't know what the others are like.
Most drums in the 80s sounded better than modern ones to me.

my favourite jazz drummer

[youtube][/youtube]
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Streetbeat

Post by Streetbeat »

strange , he might log here
erg2

Post by erg2 »

I've never been a huge fan of Eric Singer. Clearly he has technical skill, but his playing is so rigid. Peter Criss and Eric Carr were very fluid and melodic.
I think Singer's over-playing was a detriment to the Revenge album. His addition to the band coupled with the industry move towards a heavier sound influenced by the Grunge movement turned KISS fully into a Heavy Metal band. A couple of people have posted that with Heavy Metal the drummer "can't" over-play. To that I would say that KISS was not a Heavy Metal band until Creatures Of The Night and fully switched over with Revenge.
I've always thought KISS was at their best when they were just writing music and not worrying about what genre was popular at the time. (Disco, new wave, hair metal, heavy metal, grunge...)
Open your window and see the real world
To know what you've been missing
Come out of the shadows
Insecurity lies
In a heart afraid to listen
doublev

Post by doublev »

I think you can over play if you know what your doing and have good taste. I think Eric Carr knew the balance or someone directed him well. Bobby rock over played on nitros record but it was well done and to me had touches of buddy rich and Louis bellson.
ankh

Post by ankh »

i think the interviews of both Peter and Eric for Modern drummer gave a great insight on their philosophy and style of playng.They're relaly worth reading.
Back on topic, i think that people have no shame.It's not just a matter of crazyness :roll:
“Men are apt to be much more influenced by words than by the actual facts of the surrounding reality.” I.Pavlov

MY YOU TUBE CHANNEL:
http://www.youtube.com/user/mesolimbicn ... sults_main

Lemmy: "Can you hear this horrible sound coming out of my monitors?"
Monitor guy: "No."
Lemmy: "Neither can I.Turn me up!"
doublev

Post by doublev »

Someone invite that guy in here. He maybe crazy but I want to hear where this stuff is coming from. I can not understand if he is saying that kiss wanted Eric to die for insurance? Why would gene kill Vinnies ex wife, for what? Because v is annoying him? It would be intersting to hear this conspiracy . Not that I think its real.
Brooklyn_Born

Post by Brooklyn_Born »

I don't think it's a good idea to bring that element to this forum... He's sounds crazy to me...

VVFF Rocks Hard!!!
doublev

Post by doublev »

ok, i am one for a conspiracy theory but you are right.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Brooklyn_Born wrote:I don't think it's a good idea to bring that element to this forum... He's sounds crazy to me...
I second this.
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
doublev

Post by doublev »

Any takers for thirds?
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

On inviting him here or whether he's a nutjob????
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
warmachine:D

Post by warmachine:D »

Okay, so I was looking to see if the crazy guy said anything else, and he uploaded a picture of Vinnie then commented "A Lover Of Mine" :roll: Weirddd.
1SG of the VVFF Army
VeniceAngel

Post by VeniceAngel »

Quick 3rd not to invite him. This attention whore already has an outlet ... why give him another one?
Especailly if he is only going to say ill things.

Besides, he might try to compete with Sammy. :lol: :wink:
For the last time, my name is ANGEL NOT Venice !

Love prevails in all ways - always!

Brooklyn_Born

Post by Brooklyn_Born »

Nice one Angel :wink:

VVFF Rocks Hard!!!
Streetbeat

Post by Streetbeat »

VeniceAngel wrote:Quick 3rd not to invite him. This attention whore already has an outlet ... why give him another one?

explain
VeniceAngel

Post by VeniceAngel »

Streetbeat wrote:
VeniceAngel wrote:Quick 3rd not to invite him. This attention whore already has an outlet ... why give him another one?

explain

... compete for Vinnie's adoration. :D :mrgreen:

Streetbeat

Post by Streetbeat »

i adorate two things here
Our conversations and the apple bottom
VeniceAngel

Post by VeniceAngel »

Streetbeat wrote:i adorate two things here
Our conversations and the apple bottom

Yep, Vinnie's apple bottom. :wink:

Streetbeat

Post by Streetbeat »

Yours too !
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Ahhh!!! I'm blind!!!!!!! :P :P :P :lol: :lol: :lol:
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
Streetbeat

Post by Streetbeat »

Good,less eyes watching the bottom apple , more possibilities it can be mine someday
Brooklyn_Born

Post by Brooklyn_Born »

Sammys on F•F•F•Fire...! I cant hear you, Louder!

VVFF Rocks Hard!!!
wolfgang161272

Post by wolfgang161272 »

Fantastic *LOL*
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
metatron

Post by metatron »

God forbid the Balance of Power leans towards the Dark Side. How will Dino, Kev, Wolfi, Sammy & I compete :wink: .
THE RIGHTEOUS WILL SHINE FORTH AS THE SUN
I got Jesus in my fax machine. I saw Ho Chi Minh down @ Burger King. I dated Vinnie Vincent as a Drag Queen. I still don't understand a f**kin' thing.
I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass and I'm all out of bubble gum.