Fake Vinnie Vincent Demo on You Tube

General Vinnie Vincent Discussion
KissMyAss

Fake Vinnie Vincent Demo on You Tube

Post by KissMyAss »

This video is being posted as a Vinnie Vincent Demo. You'll notice the lyrics, "when I see HER build HER wall around you, I know the end is near..."The lyrics have been altered for A WOMAN. :lol: That's because Linda Chase is singing vocals. This Vinnie Vincent "Demo" that has been floating around you tube is by a group called 3 speed!

The vocals on this video are neither Vinnie Vincent nor Jeff Scott Soto! A low voiced woman is the vocalist

[youtube][/youtube]
[youtube][/youtube]
[youtube][/youtube]
[youtube][/youtube]
[youtube][/youtube]
Live life as though it is the third law; "to every action there is an equal and opposite reaction." Rules apply whether we are cognizant of them or oblivious.
Slayer

Re: Fake Vinnie Vincent Demo on You Tube

Post by Slayer »

Nice post. All of the Elders are familiar with Linda Chase and 3 Speed as she was a good friend of Vincent Cusano for years. I think Linda is a good singer!
The 1st 3 links are Linda Chase and 3 Speed
THe 4th is Vincent Cusano singing with Warrior
The 5th is a great version of Gypsy in Her Eyes with Jeff Scott Soto,
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

I think someone has gotten 3 Speeds version and confused it with a Vinnie demo. They did a proper recording of the song.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
gonnarock

Post by gonnarock »

Wow that is really weird for sure. She sounds very much like a guy! I could tell it wasn't the correct demo just by the guitar intro. And when she hits the high note, she sounds a bit more feminine. Very interesting find for sure.

Vinnie's version really sounds good. I love his singing. :D
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Linda did a work for Vinnie while he was working out songs so I am told. I believe she was dating or married to the drummer in Warrior. I may have gotten that wrong but something like that.
Bye Bye
metatron

Post by metatron »

[youtube][/youtube]

[youtube][/youtube]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voyage_of_the_Rock_Aliens
Voyage of the Rock Aliens

Directed by James Fargo, Bob Giraldi
Written by Edward Gold, James Guidotti
Starring Pia Zadora, Craig Sheffer, Tom Nolan ,Ruth Gordon ,Michael Berryman ,Alison La Placa
,Jermaine Jackson
Music by Jack White
Cinematography Gilbert Taylor
Editing by Malcolm Campbell
Release date(s) 1984
Running time 97 min.
Country United States
Language English

Voyage of the Rock Aliens is a 1984 film directed by James Fargo. It stars Pia Zadora and Craig Sheffer.[1]

Plot
A guitar-shaped spaceship streaks through the skies. Aboard is robot 1359 (voiced by Peter Cullen) searching the universe via a Rhemascan monitor for the source of rock and roll music that the ship's crew had heard. He finds it on earth, where Dee Dee (Pia Zadora) and Rain (Jermaine Jackson) are singing a ballad to each other. 1359 wakes the crew and orchestrates a visit to the planet. A rocket-based telephone booth lands on earth and Absid (Tom Nolan) with his group of aliens (Rhema) exit. The humanistic aliens force robot 1359 to make himself less conspicuous by taking the form of a fire hydrant. Only the Sheriff (Ruth Gordon) witnesses their landing, and she instantly becomes obsessed with alien invaders.

Dee Dee (Pia Zadora), a young singer who is in love with Frankie (Craig Sheffer), the leader of Speelburgh's local high school rock and roll band, The Pack (Jimmy and the Mustangs), sings her heart out at the beach to best friend Diane (Alison La Placa). Dee Dee's dream is to sing with the band; Frankie loves her but doesn't see things quite the same. Meanwhile, something with tentacles resembling the Loch Ness Monster is living in a seething pool of water that was once a placid lake and extends its extremities hauntingly through the town.

As the aliens search the planet for signs of life, they encounter Dee Dee, Frankie and The Pack at the local maltshop. Absid loses his head (literally) over Dee Dee and decides to win her heart while his cohorts search for specimens such as flowers, leaves and cow chips. Meanwhile, Stovitz (Patrick Byrnes) stumbles upon two crazed mass murderers, Chainsaw (Michael Berryman) and The Breather (Wallace Merck), as they make their escape from the local asylum.

Feeling dejected by Frankie and his refusal to let her sing, Dee Dee succumbs to the charms of Absid, who agrees to let her join his band at the Heidi High Cotillion Dance. Frankie and The Pack arrive at the high school early to keep the aliens out... but their tricks aren't enough to divert the alien powers that they're up against—the aliens teleport into the bathroom by way of toilets. Dee Dee finally gets her chance to sing, but a battle of the bands begins between the aliens and The Pack, bringing a whirl of music, dance and special effects to the screen.

Absid and Dee Dee sneak off to the lake. While the tentacled creature searches the banks with its ominous suction-cup arm, Absid tries to convince Dee Dee to fly back to his planet. Hesitating, she agrees to visit the ship via the telephone booth. Once there, she learns that she'll have to give up all human emotion to live on the alien's planet.

Meanwhile, Diane encounters Chainsaw at the high school. Although the crazed killer initially intends to make her his next victim, a short circuit with his rusty chainsaw botches the plan. Love blooms as Diane helps Chainsaw fix his chainsaw.

Bolting back to her true love, Frankie, Dee Dee finds him trapped in a school hallway by the Breather. Frankie manages to fend of his rival, only to be attacked by the monster from the lake, which has gotten loose and enveloped the entire high school with its tentacles. With his machinery now repaired, Chainsaw comes to the rescue.

As the movie concludes, the aliens board their ship and Absid decides to leave the humans "a little alien persuasion." He fiddles with the buttons on his Rhemascan monitor to clear out Speelburgh's pollution and turn the brutal Pack into a group of boy scouts. With this, the creature in the lake heads out of town, skies clear, flowers bloom and Frankie and Dee Dee sing and dance their way into the smogless sunset.

Cast
Pia Zadora as Dee Dee ,Craig Sheffer as Frankie ,Tom Nolan as Absid (ABCD) ,Alison La Placa as Diane, Michael Berryman as Chainsaw, Rhema as The Aliens, Jimmy & the Mustangs as The Pack, Ruth Gordon as Sheriff, Jermaine Jackson as Rain.

Songs
Openhearted - Real Life
When the Rain Begins to Fall - Jermaine Jackson & Pia Zadora
21st Century - Rhema
New Orleans - Neil Sedaka with Gary U.S. Bonds
Real Love - Pia Zadora
Bobbie Ann - Michael Bradley
Back on the Streets - 3 Speed
Justine - Jimmy & the Mustangs
That's Life - Rhema
You Bring Out the Lover in Me - Pia Zadora
Always - Real Life
Combine Man - Rhema
Little Bit of Heaven - Pia Zadora & Mark Spiro
She Doesn't Mean a Thing to Me - Mark Spiro
Come On - Jimmy and the Mustangs
Trouble Maker - Jimmy and the Mustangs
Let's Dance Tonight (Medley) - Pia Zadora, Jimmy & the Mustangs, and Rhema
Get Out and Dance - Rhema
My World Is Empty Without You - John Farnham & Rainey Haynes
Nature of the Beast - Michael Bradley
Before the Jupiter Effect - Cliff Sarde
When the Rain Begins to Fall (reprise) - Pia Zadora & Jermaine Jackson
End Credits Medley (Let's Dance Tonight, She Doesn't Mean a Thing to Me, Justine, Back on the Street, 21st Century)
Production
The original script by James Guidotti, Attack of the Aliens, was conceived as the ultimate b-movie spoof. "It's a little like sitting home and watching TV late on a Saturday night, all the while switching channels from 5 to 9 to 11 and to 13," Guidotti explained.[2] "On channel 5 they're airing an old Beach Party movie; on 9 one about alien invaders; on 11 a film about a mad, homicidal maniac on the loose; and on 13 a rock 'n roll program." When Guidotti's script was spotted by executives at the production company Inter Planetary Curb, Vice President of Development Edward Gold[3] and consultant Charles Hairston polished the script, turned it into a musical,[2] and the film went into production under the title Attack of the Rock 'n' Roll Aliens.[4][5]

Pia Zadora was first cast as a result of her previous work on stage and screen.[6] With Zadora attached to the film, they began fleshing out the cast. The Frankie character sings two songs in the film, but producers wanted someone with acting experience, so Craig Sheffer was offered the role, which he chose over a TV series, another film and the Broadway play Torch Song Trilogy (the latter of which he took after Rock Aliens had wrapped).[7] Sheffer initially had another theory as to why he was cast: "The funniest part is that I thought they hired me for my long hair," Sheffer revealed.[8] He and other cast members were in for a rude awakening when the filmmakers sent them to the barber shop.[8][9] Similarly, Tom Nolan was chosen to portray alien leader Absid based on his acting background rather than singing abilities.[9]

Then-president of Curb Records Dick Whitehead needed a techno band for the film and learned of Rhema through an acquaintance.[10] Whitehead, star Pia Zadora and their entourage flew to Arizona to hear the band play, and they were quickly cast in the film.[10] After scoring poorly on a screen test, Rhema bassist Bobby Freeman was not asked to participate in the film.[9]

Principal production of the film took place in Atlanta, Georgia for 9 weeks in 1983.[9]

In April 1984, Pia Zadora and Jermaine Jackson headed to Italy[11] aboard Zadora's personal jet[12] to shoot a music video for their duet When the Rain Begins to Fall. Although the song already appeared in the movie (with Sheffer lip-synching Jackson's part), the plot of the music video had absolutely nothing to do with the film, and there was an entirely different cast and crew, it was decided that the video would be tacked onto the end of the film.[11] Ultimately, the filmmakers wound up synthetically injecting the music video into the film as part of the opening sequence.

Soundtrack
A soundtrack album was released by Curb Records in 1984. The cover of the album downplays the film in favor of the hit single When the Rain Begins to Fall, prominently featuring Jermaine Jackson and Pia Zadora. Many of the songs heard in the film are not on the album and numerous songs have different arrangements. In many countries, the album was released on vinyl and cassette; in Germany it was also issued on CD.

Original Soundtrack Album
When the Rain Begins to Fall - Jermaine Jackson & Pia Zadora
Little Bit of Heaven - Pia Zadora & Mark Spiro
Real Love - Pia Zadora
Nature of the Beast - Michael Bradley
Let's Dance Tonight - Pia Zadora
Back on the Street - 3 Speed
Openhearted - Real Life
She Doesn't Mean a Thing to Me - Mark Spiro
21st Century - Rhema
Justine - Jimmy and the Mustangs
My World Is Empty Without You - John Farnham & Rainey Haynes

Zadora's missing song from the film, You Bring Out the Lover in Me, appeared on her album Let's Dance Tonight, which also included alternate versions of most of her songs from the film.[13] When the Rain Begins to Fall was also released as a vast array of singles and remixes.
Neil Sedaka's New Orleans was released on his album Come See About Me,[14] and several singles of the song were released which cited both his album and the film.
Both songs by Real Life were issued on their 1983 album Heartland.
Cliff Sarde's Before the Jupiter Effect was released on his 1983 album Every Bit Better.[15]
The additional songs from the film by Jimmy and the Mustangs (Come On, Trouble Maker, Let's Dance Tonight), Michael Bradley (Bobbie Ann) and Rhema (That's Life, Combine Man, Get Out and Dance, Let's Dance Tonight) were never issued. Decades later, low quality copies of most of the Rhema songs were leaked onto the internet by former band members, along with a new remix of Combine Man by Rhema guitarist/vocalist/keyboardist Marc Jackson.[16][17][18]

External links
Voyage of the Rock Aliens at the Internet Movie Database
Voyage of the Rock Aliens at The 80's Movie Rewind site
I got Jesus in my fax machine. I saw Ho Chi Minh down @ Burger King. I dated Vinnie Vincent as a Drag Queen. I still don't understand a f**kin' thing.
I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass and I'm all out of bubble gum.
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

its a pretty good version, if not weird.
Bye Bye
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

It is a good version, I like it.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

it would have been cool if vv had the balls to have a female singer in VVI. Not sure how commercial that would have been but she can sing.
Bye Bye
AshesToAshes

Post by AshesToAshes »

I've always liked this version a lot. The vocals are great and the solo rocks man
ZoeMoon

Post by ZoeMoon »

Does anyone know if this one is real?! Because I've been listening to it for the longest time now under the impression that it was Vinnie doing the vocals, ha hah!
metatron

Post by metatron »

Yer, that's the real thing.
I got Jesus in my fax machine. I saw Ho Chi Minh down @ Burger King. I dated Vinnie Vincent as a Drag Queen. I still don't understand a f**kin' thing.
I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass and I'm all out of bubble gum.
KissMyAss

Post by KissMyAss »

ZoeMoon wrote:Does anyone know if this one is real?! Because I've been listening to it for the longest time now under the impression that it was Vinnie doing the vocals, ha hah!

That's Vinnie's voice

[youtube][/youtube]
Live life as though it is the third law; "to every action there is an equal and opposite reaction." Rules apply whether we are cognizant of them or oblivious.
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

Yes, that's Vincent Cusano
gonnarock

Post by gonnarock »

So on the 'Prepare To Invade' demos bootleg, is Vinnie's own version of 'Tears' the one that is on there? And is there a version of 'Gypsy In Her Eyes' sung by Vinnie on youtube? Or is the version on Prepare To Invade the one with Vinnie's vocals?