Paul & Gene Talking About Vinnie's Exit 1994 Video

Post by WizKid »

Interesting...

[youtube][/youtube]
Check out the Decibel Geek Podcast at http://dbgeekshow.blogspot.com/
shramiac

Re: Paul & Gene Talking About Vinnie's Exit 1994 Video

Post by shramiac »

Pretty obvious to me that Gene still has respect for Vinnie but Paul flat out hates him!
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
gonnarock

Post by gonnarock »

shramiac wrote:Pretty obvious to me that Gene still has respect for Vinnie but Paul flat out hates him!
This was something I noticed in another video where they were talking about Vinnie. I like that Gene is respectful about it. I don't like Bruce Kulick at all though. And Paul is just simply Paul...
PinkWiz

Post by PinkWiz »

We all know Paul is an insecure douche... BUT he's right about Vinnie. I went out tonight and played an acoustic set to 10 people and busted my fukn balls for $100 to people stuffing their faces and talkin about their day and Vinnie once had the world at his feet. For him to fuck that up and still blame others for his problems and shit on his last remaining fans makes me wanna strangle the fucker. As much of a chip that Paul may have on his shoulder even AFTER the success, he's still nowhere near as bad as Vinnie... Cusano takes the fuckin cake.
PinkWiz

Post by PinkWiz »

Oh, and Eric Singer looked so outta place with that blonde hair... such an eye sore. I don't care how good you rock the drums, dye that shit black dude haha! Can't believe Gene and Paul wouldn't make him dye it black since they forced St. John to dye his and considering years later they made Singer wear the cat makeup AND dye his hair.
n3p

Post by n3p »

gonnarock wrote:I don't like Bruce Kulick at all though...
Blasphemy!!
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast
metatron

Post by metatron »

I dunno..Kulick is not a bad guy. He just has the personality of a cardboard cut out. At first I thought it was due to being in KISS & being overshadowed by Moneybags & Stanley, but after seeing in at a clinic with Vic, he guy don't do it for me. He is boring. Good guitar player, but boring. I've seen player who are less knowledgeable, but have more heart do a better job & be more entertaining than Bruce. His playing doesn't give me a chubby. He best playing is when he is ripping off VV (unholy, Revenge).
I got Jesus in my fax machine. I saw Ho Chi Minh down @ Burger King. I dated Vinnie Vincent as a Drag Queen. I still don't understand a f**kin' thing.
I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass and I'm all out of bubble gum.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

I guess at that point that they had all experienced round 2 of Vinnie so there feelings were more recent than just the 84 split.

Good on you for being out there and playing live. Our Fallen Warrior had not the strength to do this anymore. He did have the world at his feet at one stage, and squandered it all.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

haha. Gene looks bad ass. Gene always said he was talented, just said his ethics were not to his liking. I don't recall Paul ever saying V was talented but being both songwriters and guitar players there had to be some competitive thing going on you would think.
Bye Bye
metatron

Post by metatron »

'Vinnie Vincent is a nice person, but doesn't have a heart for the band (KISS)'
In other words, We stole his sole, but he wouldn't give us his heart...Greedy prick!
How dare you VV, Not gives them your heart...Didn't know KISS makes you sigh an Organ Donation consent form when you join them.
I got Jesus in my fax machine. I saw Ho Chi Minh down @ Burger King. I dated Vinnie Vincent as a Drag Queen. I still don't understand a f**kin' thing.
gonnarock

Post by gonnarock »

metatron wrote:I dunno..Kulick is not a bad guy. He just has the personality of a cardboard cut out. he guy don't do it for me. He is boring. Good guitar player, but boring. He best playing is when he is ripping off VV (unholy, Revenge).
This is exactly right. :D
Cernex

Post by Cernex »

doublev2 wrote:haha. Gene looks bad ass. Gene always said he was talented, just said his ethics were not to his liking. I don't recall Paul ever saying V was talented but being both songwriters and guitar players there had to be some competitive thing going on you would think.
I recall reading and hearing Paul saying Mark St. John was extremelly talented on interviews. If anything, I'm sure it has more to do with VV did than with Paul's own insecurities, this one.
Space Galleon Javelin - My space opera web serial. It's free! And complete! Go check it out.
Follow me on Twitter
My Amazon Author page, for if you want to check my fiction and stuff.
Brooklyn_Born

Post by Brooklyn_Born »

You're right on cernex... Paul commented on MSJ when Bruce was "Temporarily" replacing Mark while sick with Reiters syndrome...He said he liked Bruce but couldn't wait for Mark to get back...He also said that MSG could could play classical & make Beethovens 5th sound like the ultimate boogie :D He dug his work...

Paul & Vinnie had a personality clash...
Hey man, I am cool, I am the Breeze...

VVFF Rocks Hard!!!
This is not a Hate Forum Vinnie...Capisce!!?
Brooklyn has almost left the Building
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

I heard Eric Carr say MSJ was an unbelievable player in an interview and this was after he left. It seems like Mark was Paul's choice and Vinnie was more Gene's choice.
Bye Bye
Brooklyn_Born

Post by Brooklyn_Born »

Gene did like Vinnie and his style...Paul always said his selection into kiss was a mistake from the beginning...

I wish the mistake lasted a year or two more! They made the best music...Hungry!

VVFF Rocks Hard!!!
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

yes , one more album . Same with VVI .
Bye Bye
Brooklyn_Born

Post by Brooklyn_Born »

Yep, with vinnies tenure in kiss & VVI we got the entree & main course but we never got the dessert! :P

Two albums a piece only...

VVFF Rocks Hard!!!
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

i want to hear Paul sing Ashes to Ashes and Invasion. That would sock it to themselves.
Bye Bye
Brooklyn_Born

Post by Brooklyn_Born »

Paul would have suited a lot of the vvi material...he would have done a great job on ashes!

VVFF Rocks Hard!!!
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

i think Ashes to Ashes is a perfect fit for Paul. He must have been a little envious if he ever heard that song.
Bye Bye
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Yes, as much as I do like the material on Asylum and Crazy Nights, it's not a match for Ashes To Ashes.

Fuck, what a musical force Kiss with Vinnie could have been if Vinnie could have accepted his role in the band. With the Kiss name and his brilliant songwriting it would have been just awesome.
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

if ron nevison had produced ashes to ashes it may have failed. Its hard to know if it would have fitted with those albums.

It seems like the killer blow for vv was joining kiss. Could you imagine if he hadn't, i bet he would have written tunes for them through out the 80s like Des Child, Diane Warren etc.
Bye Bye
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

i have to say however i am not such a fan of the vv 'revenge's stuff.. he we go.. bash me!
Bye Bye
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Unholy is fantastic. I Just Wanna is not bad, cheeky. Heart of Chrome is not one of his strongest songs.
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

unholy, oh yeah . good.
Bye Bye
metatron

Post by metatron »

doublev2 wrote:i have to say however i am not such a fan of the vv 'revenge's stuff.. he we go.. bash me!
Yer, but you gotta remember, he's writing for KISS...& the the vocals are Paul & Gene, not Robert & Mark. So the song need to suite them. Also think about, Unholy, I Just Wanna, Heart of Chrome and Take It Off, which is co-written by Kane Roberts (more than probably ALL written by Kane Roberts) are the only good songs. The rest suck major ass. Can't believe that turd of a song, Domino was a single.
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

yes, agree. i think vv's creatures tunes were much better, but those 4 songs were the best. Kane Roberts would have been an intersting Kiss guitar player.
Bye Bye
gonnarock

Post by gonnarock »

Heart Of Chrome is probably my favorite Vinnie co-written song off of Revenge. Because I can clearly tell that he wrote it, I love the way that the chorus begins with that big yell 'YEAH' by Paul. I think that song would have gone over like dynamite to a live audience. :D
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Yeah I love Heart Of Chrome, great song.
Brooklyn_Born

Post by Brooklyn_Born »

Fuck I loved Revenge when it was new, waiting almost 3 years since hot in the shade... I was edgy for new music, they delivered!

VVFF Rocks Hard!!!
birnie

Post by birnie »

BB, you need to take your LP version of Hot In The Shade and smash it !
Don't waste your presion needle on it...yuk ! (hehe)
...mental note to get VVI album out on my days off for a listen :P
metatron

Post by metatron »

Everything about 'Turd In The Shade' was wrong. From that two bit two dollar shop cover to the ball-less song. They songs aren't completely a ride off. It just that they don't have guts. Another KISS, (we didn't less out, we brought in) ideal. KISS desperately wanting to be Bon Jovi.
Brooklyn_Born

Post by Brooklyn_Born »

Jason, Dannii...cmon man :lol: Hot in the Shade wasn't completely awesome but I don't hate any kiss album 8)

It was a bit of fun to spin the vinyl the other night... I ain't smashing it!

VVFF Rocks Hard!!!
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Yeah, I really enjoyed HITS when it came out, the tour was great with cool old songs added to the set list, the band looked good, Paul played Les Pauls and it was Eric Carr's last tour.

Bruce is bummed they used a lot of demo's for the album rather than doing them again more professionally but that was the sound G&P were going for, not a Bon Jovi thing, that was Crazy Nights.
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

I am the only one who loves silver spoon, I think. The gospel thing at the end was awesome.
Bye Bye
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

I like Silver Spoon too Dino. Hits was a good period in Kisstory once Forever took off as a single.
Brooklyn_Born

Post by Brooklyn_Born »

I see the attitude that's in your eyes, I got no reason to apologize
'Cos what's so special 'bout a girl like you, with a silver spoon

Great song!! Rocks 8)

VVFF Rocks Hard!!!
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

I like HITS!!!
PinkWiz

Post by PinkWiz »

Lil Caesar! Love that tune...
erg2

Post by erg2 »

I used to LOVE Hot In The Shade when I was a teenager and it first came out. I can barely listen to it now. I agree with Bruce that a lof of the songs are not fully fleshed out.

I'm with DV2 in not being a worshipper at the altar of REVENGE. It's got some good songs and some TERRIBLE songs but, more than anything, I think it is WAY over produced. (And I think Singer's over-playing brings down what could have been some great meat & potatoes hard rock.)
Open your window and see the real world
To know what you've been missing
Come out of the shadows
Insecurity lies
In a heart afraid to listen
metatron

Post by metatron »

Genebaby wrote:Yeah, I really enjoyed HITS when it came out, the tour was great with cool old songs added to the set list, the band looked good, Paul played Les Pauls and it was Eric Carr's last tour.
Exactly, Wrong. Fucken Wrong. When has Stanley ever played Les Pauls. Total sell out. Ok, they didn't want to be Jovi, they wanted to be some half ass G&R. Paul always played (or held) flash-ish guitar. Then all the sudden, he got Grandpa's Les Paul. Wrong. Don't get me wrong I like Les Pauls, but they are over rated. And for the Star Child to play one...Sellout. HITS was another example of KISS following trends & not being at the forefront of their industry. At least with VV they were running with the pack & not lagging 10 steps behind. With VV, new guitars, new image, new sound, new attitude. HITS...old rehashed everything.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

I thought it was cool to see Paul play a more traditional guitar. And since when has he played Les Pauls? Since HITS that's when, lol.....
metatron

Post by metatron »

You know the real abbreviation of Hot In The Shade is not H.I.T.S...It's real S.H.I.T.S. I was just sad to see KISS/Paul having to follow someones lead like Slash, who for a lot of people immortalized the Les Paul even more than Ace. At least with Ace's, he'd have flashing lights & pyro. With Slash's, it looked as if that thing should be a piece of furniture. And HITS just sound so pedestrian & safe. The kinda music soccer moms, with their $80,000 4 wheel drives take their kids to soccer practice in...Oh but their still Rock'en & 'BASS ASSES' cause their listening to KISS. Like I said I don't completely hate it,but it just boring & safe sounding....Then come along Unholy & bang, it rips your head off & pisses down your neck. Trust me, Soccer mom Mandy wasn't playing that in-front of little Johnny. And to boot, Gene was hand his balls back by Vinnie (just on lawn) as he got to the single the first single from Revenge. Fuck, how long had it been since Moneybags Gene got to sing on a Single. Took the V-Miester for it to happen.

Word.
Brooklyn_Born

Post by Brooklyn_Born »

Word!

I like it!

VVFF Rocks Hard!!!
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Too true!
PinkWiz

Post by PinkWiz »

I liked Bruce and he fit perfectly but its always kinda cool imagining Vinnie in the Revenge lineup head to toe in black leather while shredding away on his Double V!
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

That is a cool image!
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Playing the 'forever' solo live. Lol
Bye Bye
gonnarock

Post by gonnarock »

Genebaby wrote:That is a cool image!
Ooo yes, indeed indeed. :twisted:
Brooklyn_Born

Post by Brooklyn_Born »

doublev2 wrote:Playing the 'forever' solo live. Lol
Vinnie would have semi shredded that solo :lol:

VVFF Rocks Hard!!!