Selfish Generation

General Vinnie Vincent Discussion
doublev2

Selfish Generation

Post by doublev2 »

I think our friend is the first of the selfish generation. He can not sit back like his generation before him and just take it. He has to blame everyone for what he has ended up with due to his 'selfish want it all behaviour' The 60s had some great things come out of it but also was the start of the generation who never wanted to get old and let bygones be bygones. A reaction to how they were all brought up.. its only going to get worse obviously.
Bye Bye
KissMyAss

Re: Selfish Generation

Post by KissMyAss »

doublev2 wrote:I think our friend is the first of the selfish generation. He can not sit back like his generation before him and just take it. He has to blame everyone for what he has ended up with due to his 'selfish want it all behaviour' The 60s had some great things come out of it but also was the start of the generation who never wanted to get old and let bygones be bygones. A reaction to how they were all brought up.. its only going to get worse obviously.
Technically, Generation X began in 1962, not 1952. And Baby Boomers began in 1945. Vinnie Vincent would be considered a mid- baby boomer.

I, personally, do not feel a generation characterizes an individual. Your cognitive connections is your personality, it's who you are.

How is not being passive selfish? I don't understand how wanting the rights to one's own songs is selfish. If so, all who patent a product are selfish.

Wanting your percentage of the song rights, and some one else's too is selfish.
Live life as though it is the third law; "to every action there is an equal and opposite reaction." Rules apply whether we are cognizant of them or oblivious.
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Kiss do not pay his songwrites , the record company does.
Bye Bye
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

I am talking 60s baby. Thanks for your technical details.
Bye Bye
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Kma. Agreed but there are cultural traits . I see it in my dad. He had it all and now hr doesn't the finger goes a pointin'. Sure its a stupid generalization.
Bye Bye
KissMyAss

Post by KissMyAss »

doublev2 wrote:Kiss do not pay his songwrites , the record company does.

You used the word "pay"
Live life as though it is the third law; "to every action there is an equal and opposite reaction." Rules apply whether we are cognizant of them or oblivious.
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Kma.. you need to prove that vv didn't get paid for your argument to work. And royalties don't come from the band. He can only claim he didn't get paid during being in the band or the revenge contract was fake. Neither which he proved.. theory after that .. not fact.
Bye Bye
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

And revenge royalties would be very small anyway. No hits on that record.
Bye Bye
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

And if kiss faked the revenge signing how come it took him a long long time to sue over that. That should have been plain sailing and easy to prove.
Bye Bye
Brooklyn_Born

Post by Brooklyn_Born »

Simple.Vinnie Lied...
Hey man, I am cool, I am the Breeze...

VVFF Rocks Hard!!!
This is not a Hate Forum Vinnie...Capisce!!?
Brooklyn has almost left the Building
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

By suing like this he will never sell a song to anyone again because they will be worried vv will try to sue them over and over . It's not smart but its all he has to cling onto because he refuses to rely on his music being released .
Bye Bye
Brooklyn_Born

Post by Brooklyn_Born »

Hes trapped in a cage which he created himself... Not Gene & Paul...
Hey man, I am cool, I am the Breeze...

VVFF Rocks Hard!!!
This is not a Hate Forum Vinnie...Capisce!!?
Brooklyn has almost left the Building
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Woops made a mistake . It's the publishing company that pays not the record company.
Bye Bye
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

If vv co published the songs then he gets the money direct from the record company.
Bye Bye
KissMyAss

Post by KissMyAss »

doublev2 wrote:Kma. Agreed but there are cultural traits . I see it in my dad. He had it all and now hr doesn't the finger goes a pointin'. Sure its a stupid generalization.
My father was an intellectual. He didn't finger point. He read. He discussed literature, history, and philosophy. He wrote. I can still remember the smell of red and black typewriter ribbons.

What I can't remember is alot of complaining. He liked working at his oak desk stacked with papers. Oh, and he liked debating. He was passionate about knowledge.

The last time my mom talked to me, she discussed her insurance with me. I would describe my mother as practical and humble.

I didn't have the same experience, I guess. The culture must have affected your parents more than mine.
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

parent not parents.
Bye Bye
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

I really didn't want this to be a topic on how good or bad peoples parents are. I thought you were about 20. I must be wrong.
It's great your dad was an intellectual. Rick and I are also intellectuals. Ha.
Bye Bye
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

I will say it again. I started a stupid topic here.
Bye Bye

Post by 1031 »

Selfish Generation is not a stupid topic but I think tying VV actions to it may be a bit out of wack. I can only speak for the generations in the USA as far as my experience. I think we have had the the "want" "need" and "deserve" generations and it has been tied to prosperity or lack of in the country. In the 70's 80's when I was a teen we "wanted" things but had to work hard and save. In the 90's to early "2000'' there was a shift to " I need that " because there was good jobs breaking lots of work and extra cash. As a result of the extra cash, kids were given what ever they wanted very few had to work for what they have. Teens did not experience working jobs at 15 and learn to save. As result we created the I "deserve" credit card generation. And now in 2011 we are starting the "oh crap " how do we teach every one to work and save again generation.

It was easy for me to reinforce the ethics of hard work to my kids and not to fall in the trap of getting everything you want because of the era I grew up in. I understand why some parents have trouble now with them and their kids not understanding why the never ending give me well has dried up.. its all them or their parents have known.
Guitars good, drugs booze.. bad

The worlds best qoute ever
"take your Massengill-soaked vibrator from your wretched gutter clam"
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Good post. Thanks.
Bye Bye
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Of course someone should be paid what they owed for their work, but if Vinnie lost his rights fair and square thanks to multiple bankruptcies then like anybody else he should just suck it up and move on.

He must have owed a lot to a lot of people to go bankrupt, and then they get nothing.

Vinnie would want to sue someone who did that to him I'm sure, cause he wouldn't like it, but he uses the law to suit himself.

I have no idea about generations, things are a little bit different here I think.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Please forget I started this. Haha
Bye Bye
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

1031--- AMEN !!!
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
KissMyAss

Post by KissMyAss »

doublev2 wrote:I really didn't want this to be a topic on how good or bad peoples parents are. I thought you were about 20. I must be wrong.
It's great your dad was an intellectual. Rick and I are also intellectuals. Ha.
Perhaps you perceive selfishness as the nature of a generation. It's not. Selfishness is a problem. That is my point, and I backed it with an example. People are not puppets. The culture is not responsible for their choices. Shifting the blame is the oldest form of responsibility avoidance.

I'm sorry to inform you but the literary arts is not a booming business. There are plenty of English teachers and editors that write in their spare time.

How is that worth a "ha" ?
strangeways
Location: United States of America (Greater Chicagoland area)

Post by strangeways »

Gen Y = Selfish Generation
"Stairway to the stars, I think I'll write good health to you." - Albert Bouchard / Richard Meltzer / Donald Roeser
"Vinnie Vincent saved Kiss. It's just too bad he couldn't save himself." - Me
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Dino has left the building. maybe...
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS