soome interesting info on vinnie

General Vinnie Vincent Discussion
doublev2

soome interesting info on vinnie

Post by doublev2 »

http://www.legendaryrockinterviews.com/ ... w-england/

Gene and Paul offered him a LOT of money to go do the tour of Soccer Stadiums in South America so it really was a pretty easy choice to make versus staying on with us and working on demos.
LRI: You were already familiar with what a TOP 40 hit sounded like from your time in NEW ENGLAND but I would love to have been in your head to hear what you were thinking when you heard Vinnie’s material. So much of that material ended up being massive KISS hits, what did you think when you heard it?
GS: I LOVED it. I Thought it was absolutely fantastic. I thought it was SO good that I was willing to sacrifice everything I had in Boston and through everything in a suitcase to go to L.A. and form WARRIOR. I worked on those songs all day long, every day, all of us were. When he joined KISS it was like “Wow, now what do we do?”. Jimmy Waldo (Keyboardist) and I stayed out in L.A. and ended up forming Alcatrazz and Hirsh (Gardner, drums) went back to pursue music in Boston.
LRI: I cannot avoid the obvious question. I asked Hirsh but he didn’t really elaborate…..Vinnie is a fantastic writer and a maniac guitar player but what was it actually like to WORK with this enigma?
GS: It was almost impossible. He was very, very difficult to work with. He was THROWN out of KISS of course famously after all of this and the reason why Hirsh probably doesn’t wanna even talk about it is because Vinnie did some really, really nasty things to Hirsh around that time after he was booted from KISS. He did something which was not very nice which was he USED HIRSH to play drums on his new INVASION band’s demo out in BOSTON and then took it out to NEW YORK and just replaced all the drum tracks and got a record deal using the demo that HIRSH recorded. HIRSH not only lost his tracks but he lost all opportunity to make money on the work he allowed VINNIE to do out at his place in Boston. That was VINNIE VINCENT, that’s the kind of bandmember he was. Later on when VINNIE VINCENT INVASION played Providence, Rhode Island and Hirsh had the cops lock up all their amplifiers and equipment. After Hirsh put an order on him and sued him the marshalls came in and closed them down, they had to cancel the gig (laughs). Jimmy and I were in Tokyo with Alcatrazz when that happened and were just happy we weren’t involved (laughs).
LRI: So, it wasn’t like he was difficult to work with on the surface it was more his tendency to be shady and backstabbing?
GS: No, he was difficult to work with right in front of your face (LAUGHS). He was NEVER, EVER happy and would just go insane and constantly change his mind and second guess every single little detail about everything. He was unable to let something go and move on to the next thing. That’s what got him in trouble with KISS. He would call the KISS offices thirty or forty times a day with demands and questions to the point of where they just said “Enough already, GEEZ, calm down man”. He was unable to make a decision or even just settle down and just play guitar. There was some STRANGE stuff going on there with that guy. It was interesting to me because we grew up just a small distance apart from each other and had never met. On one hand he’s a great guy, a lot of personality, a funny guy, a great guitar player, a great songwriter but he is just SO Hard to work with because he OVERTHINKS almost everything! I mean he is an extremely talented guy, before we met him he had played with LAURA NYRO and the YOUNG RASCALS, Treasure, he had done a lot of really great, interesting things and wasn’t an unseasoned guy. Having said that, something has to give when you’re getting kicked out of your own band that you started and the label signs THEM and retitles it Slaughter. He is his own worst enemy.
Bye Bye
doublev2

Re: soome interesting info on vinnie

Post by doublev2 »

he did a similar thing to Robert. He told RF that when doing the demos it was a joint band and then he went away with the demos and got a deal as a solo artist. Never included Robert in the record company dealings. This I hear is the main reason RF didn't sign a deal. Robert also sued for the Boyz are gonna rock video thing and won.
Bye Bye
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

the over thinking thing is certainly why he thinks kiss are screwing him and why he can not get any music out.
Bye Bye
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

we have some interviews we have all done over the years that should be coming out on the board soon all with some interesting takes on vinnie. One great one with Grover Jackson. Hopefully soon.
Bye Bye
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

I will get the permission from all of my interviewees FIRST. :D :D :D :D
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

its hard to find a nice interview about vinnie. phil kenzie and tommy rock were about all i could find.
Bye Bye
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Wow, that speaks volumes.

Usually when someone won't say anything about about working with Vinnie it's because they won't. Either from being too nice or for fear of getting an irate phone call from Vinnie.
Commander in chief - VVF Army

Post by 1031 »

sounds like some serious Bi polar issues that he wont get help for
Guitars good, drugs booze.. bad

The worlds best qoute ever
"take your Massengill-soaked vibrator from your wretched gutter clam"
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

He did the samething to Andre Labelle. Took off most of his drums and replaced with drum machine on euphoria, no credit or thanks to Andre on the ep. Could you imagine if someone did that to vinnie.
Last edited by doublev2 on Sat Dec 31, 2011 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bye Bye
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Vinnie thinks he is better than everyone and deserves it. Too many people must have told him how good he was in the early 80s. What I will say is why can he not write anymore ?
Bye Bye
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Unless he sticks his thumb out of his ass he is a classic has been that hardly ever was. If he put out some new music as well as the 22 year old stuff he has yet to release he may prove he is still worthy. Even ace and mark st John put out more than vinnie.
Bye Bye
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

doublev2 wrote:Even ace and mark st John put out more than vinnie.
That's really scarey since Ace can hardly play and Mark could hardly write a song!!
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Even peter got some crap out. Vinnie could just put out simple records yearly. He can sing, play bass and has a studio what more does he need apart from a drummer who he could find easily in Nashville.
I would love to see a shrapnel records style instrumental too. Why or why or why has he not done this?
Bye Bye
PinkWiz

Post by PinkWiz »

doublev2 wrote:Even peter got some crap out. Vinnie could just put out simple records yearly. He can sing, play bass and has a studio what more does he need apart from a drummer who he could find easily in Nashville.
I would love to see a shrapnel records style instrumental too. Why or why or why has he not done this?

Hell, even if he didn't wanna work with anyone (including a drummer) he could program a drum machine... DIY all the way! I can't imagine being close to 60 and having all that talent and my life passing before me everyday with that shitty of a legacy (his bad far outweighs his good). No time better than now to somewhat rectify that.

Ah fuck, who am I kidding, he's scared of his own shadow.
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

He is his own shadow
Bye Bye
PinkWiz

Post by PinkWiz »

... of his former self.
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

And his former self was a shadow
Bye Bye
Streetbeat

Post by Streetbeat »

I Need his shadow on my room
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Ray brinker is another drummer he screwed over.
Bye Bye
gonnarock

Post by gonnarock »

doublev2 wrote:Vinnie could just put out simple records yearly. He can sing, play bass and has a studio what more does he need apart from a drummer who he could find easily in Nashville.
Absoutely. He could so easily do this, Nashville has got to be full of musicians who would be glad for the work. And to work with Vinnie I think they would for sure if he was serious about it.
pinkwiz wrote:Hell, even if he didn't wanna work with anyone (including a drummer) he could program a drum machine... DIY all the way!
All of the programs out there now, they are all digital, you can use drum machines, loop tracks, do all kinds of zany things. It would be so easy for him to do. I have friends who are not even profession musicians, who have software and rigging that they can easy make a cd. I could do that too. I am not recording software literate and if I could do it, Vinnie could too. :( It would be so easy.
WizKid

Post by WizKid »

Isn't it sad that Eric Carr had more musical output this year than Vinnie? :lol:
Check out the Decibel Geek Podcast at http://dbgeekshow.blogspot.com/
PinkWiz

Post by PinkWiz »

WizKid wrote:Isn't it sad that Eric Carr had more musical output this year than Vinnie? :lol:

LOL! (no really, I laughed out loud) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Brooklyn_Born

Post by Brooklyn_Born »

We can thank Erics sister Loretta for that & Also Bruce Kulick who have both worked to keeps Erics name alive during the past 20 years since he passed away...
Hey man, I am cool, I am the Breeze...

VVFF Rocks Hard!!!
This is not a Hate Forum Vinnie...Capisce!!?
Brooklyn has almost left the Building
gonnarock

Post by gonnarock »

Brooklyn_Born wrote:We can thank Erics sister Loretta for that & Also Bruce Kulick who have both worked to keeps Erics name alive during the past 20 years since he passed away...
I got a birthday card from Loretta and replicas of Eric's drum sticks. She's a very sweet lady for sure. I had sent her a letter and told her my birthday was coming up and that I wanted to get a pair of Eric's replica drumsticks and sent her money for them. The card was something I never thought she would do. I have a lot of respect for her. :)
Brooklyn_Born

Post by Brooklyn_Born »

Yeah, totally respect her too, she's great! She sold me Erics Creatures gold record, I've got replica sticks too and I have backstage passes too...she is very nice to deal with...I once asked her about Vinnie Vincent in an email to her and answered everything else on the email but ignored the part about Vinnie Vincent...? I don't think she likes him much??

VVFF Rocks Hard!!!
gonnarock

Post by gonnarock »

Its hard to say. I had written to Loretta before I had internet access and was completely an Eric Carr girl. :) I am still a huge, huge fan of him. Him and Vinnie are my favorite KISS members. Vinnie always seemed to speak well about Eric, and as usual never a bad word from Eric. Maybe she didn't know much about Vinnie? That's really neat you got the replica sticks too. :) Put mine in a frame with the birthday card! :D
Brooklyn_Born

Post by Brooklyn_Born »

I'm a huge Eric fan too! Cool that you got the birthday card :D Vinnie & Eric were something special & were most likely bonded by not only their Italian heritage but by their both being newest members of the band :D

VVFF Rocks Hard!!!
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Eric was a fan of vinnie but i do think Eric also said a few bad things about vinnie. his family can not stand him.
Bye Bye
Brooklyn_Born

Post by Brooklyn_Born »

Well that probably explains why she never responded about my Vinnie Vincent question :) I asked her if she had ever met Vinnie and what was he like?

VVFF Rocks Hard!!!
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

i have an interview on vinyl from the 84 (i think) uk tour of Animalize. It was Paul and Eric being interviewed and he asked the question what happened with Vinnie. Eric said basically he wanted to make Kiss into the Vinnie Vincent band and he also said that Vinnie did a lot of questionable things. he was vague and pretty polite. I heard he was a big fan of vinnie and loved the vinnie era the best. Even Bruce said Eric and Vinnie got a long pretty well and were kind of buddies during the time VV was in the band.

I will try to get the vinyl interview online sometime soon, i have a player that i can plug into my computer.
Bye Bye
Brooklyn_Born

Post by Brooklyn_Born »

Hey D I think I actually remember that interview!? Was it an unauthorised picture disc?

VVFF Rocks Hard!!!
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

i think so. i have to go in storage and look to confirm it. they even said they filmed some of the elder movie which they said can never be shown because it was so bad. not totally sure if true because i never heard about it since.
Bye Bye
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

believe it or not i have not listened to that since '87 . why can i still remember? crazy
Bye Bye
Brooklyn_Born

Post by Brooklyn_Born »

'Cause you're a Kiss freak like most of us here! We are a special breed :D Outsiders will never understand us...

VVFF Rocks Hard!!!
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

boy was i a kiss freak in the 80s. i actually didn't really meet anyone else that was into them as much as me. I could name off any kiss album tunes, who wrote them, they year etc when i was only 11 years old. seems so young now. back then it was hard to get a lot of info too. even just finding a list of all their albums was hard.
Bye Bye
Streetbeat

Post by Streetbeat »

Dino , i was your clone then
Brooklyn_Born

Post by Brooklyn_Born »

I totally relate to what you are saying D! I was the same as a kid, major Kiss•a•holic! If it wasn't for Rock Scene magazine Kiss specials in the late 80's it was near impossible to get in kiss info on Australia...Thank god for rock scene they kept the flame burning! No one really understood my immense passion for kiss but I always had support...my parents would drive me into the city so many times so I could buy records, magazines, posters, anything I could get my lusting hands on...!

VVFF Rocks Hard!!!
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

i got all the magazines only to get kiss info. good to know i wasn't the only one.
Bye Bye
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

i remember seeing a book in a record store that had pictures of all kiss records and bootlegs as well as related stuff. that was my bible for a while. I remember looking for a bootleg called o'rock de for ever after getting that book.
Bye Bye
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

kiss should re release the originals and originals 2. i have both those and i love the covers. just for the covers its worth it because the music is just the same.
Bye Bye
Brooklyn_Born

Post by Brooklyn_Born »

No you weren't, I definitely thought I was the only one, being a kiss fan in Brisbane in the late 80's was like being a fan of Burt Bacharach, they were few and far between!

VVFF Rocks Hard!!!
Brooklyn_Born

Post by Brooklyn_Born »

I bought a copy of Originals at a store on Brisbane on '89 called the Record Market... They had a small second hand lp section in one rack and I looked under K and there it was! It had all the inserts too and was only $20! I rode back to my friends place on my bmx bike with the originals in a bag in my left hand and my right hand controlling the bike... :D

VVFF Rocks Hard!!!
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Ha , I remember that kind of feeling. I got the originals 1 and 2 for under $5 but i ruined them but putting them up on my wall with this super strength blu tack that tour the back when i removed them.

i actually got very excited when i found treasure but for an 11 year old in 1986 it was a little bit of a let down but i like it better when i got older.
Bye Bye
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

doublev2 wrote:i remember seeing a book in a record store that had pictures of all kiss records and bootlegs as well as related stuff. that was my bible for a while. I
Was that this book by the Swedish guys??

It had pics of Vinnie and Ace's bootlegs as well!

Had a few mistakes in it. Some nice pics of Vinnie on the LIU tour having a cup of tea/coffee!
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

thats it. thanks
Bye Bye
gonnarock

Post by gonnarock »

Brooklyn_Born wrote:I'm a huge Eric fan too! Cool that you got the birthday card :D Vinnie & Eric were something special & were most likely bonded by not only their Italian heritage but by their both being newest members of the band :D
I always thought this too. That Eric and Vinnie were friends because being both the newest guys in the band. I always thought that would be interesting, to hear their conversations, because they both would be two relatively unknown guys thrown into this amazing situation of this larger than life band. I bet that it did create a very special bond between them. :)
gonnarock

Post by gonnarock »

shramiac wrote:
doublev2 wrote:i remember seeing a book in a record store that had pictures of all kiss records and bootlegs as well as related stuff. that was my bible for a while. I
Was that this book by the Swedish guys??

It had pics of Vinnie and Ace's bootlegs as well!

Had a few mistakes in it. Some nice pics of Vinnie on the LIU tour having a cup of tea/coffee!
Ooo wow! That is so cool! I would love to find a copy of this somewhere! :D :D :D :D
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

ebay will have one for sure! Just make sure its the English version!!!! :lol:
gonnarock

Post by gonnarock »

shramiac wrote:ebay will have one for sure! Just make sure its the English version!!!! :lol:
Yes! :lol: I haven't brushed up on my Swedish for quite a time now... :lol:
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

And here you go GR! Pretty pricey though!!!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/KISS-Still-Fire ... 1e69188d50