New Years Eve 1982 I was @

General Vinnie Vincent Discussion
strangeways
Location: United States of America (Greater Chicagoland area)

New Years Eve 1982 I was @

Post by strangeways »

"Stairway to the stars, I think I'll write good health to you." - Albert Bouchard / Richard Meltzer / Donald Roeser
"Vinnie Vincent saved Kiss. It's just too bad he couldn't save himself." - Me
Genebaby
Site Admin

Re: New Years Eve 1982 I was @

Post by Genebaby »

Lucky!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Commander in chief - VVF Army
vvjunkie

Post by vvjunkie »

First kiss concert the day before Mardi Gras with my parents and my sister Toni.
When vinnie did his solo I was a fan forever. It was cool my second concert won tickets and limo
Ride LIU tour went back stage and got to kiss vinnie and got his guitar pic. It was cool but hot he was a great kisser.
If you see me fallen and endless fall
If you hear me calling a never ending call
If you see me bleeding I'm losing control
If you see me dying I'm dying alone.
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

:shock: :shock: :shock:
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
gonnarock

Post by gonnarock »

vvjunkie wrote:First kiss concert the day before Mardi Gras with my parents and my sister Toni.
When vinnie did his solo I was a fan forever. It was cool my second concert won tickets and limo
Ride LIU tour went back stage and got to kiss vinnie and got his guitar pic. It was cool but hot he was a great kisser.
Stuff dreams are made of. :twisted: My dreams sure are. :wink: Tina you are so lucky!!!
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Great kisser? My ex was backstage at creatures and Liu in nola. I don't want to think what may have happened.
Bye Bye
Brooklyn_Born

Post by Brooklyn_Born »

Wow Tina! Backstage and all??! Amazing that you got to meet the man himself :shock: :D Very Lucky!
Hey man, I am cool, I am the Breeze...

VVFF Rocks Hard!!!
This is not a Hate Forum Vinnie...Capisce!!?
Brooklyn has almost left the Building
strangeways

Post by strangeways »

Great avatar Brooklyn Born !

I love Flashdance and that's a great screen shot from the movie!
"Stairway to the stars, I think I'll write good health to you." - Albert Bouchard / Richard Meltzer / Donald Roeser
Brooklyn_Born

Post by Brooklyn_Born »

Thanks SW! Yeah I'm a huge fan of hers and was in love with her as a kid :P I still spin the soundtrack lp now & then :D Great tunes!
Hey man, I am cool, I am the Breeze...

VVFF Rocks Hard!!!
This is not a Hate Forum Vinnie...Capisce!!?
Brooklyn has almost left the Building
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

haha. yes she was great.
Bye Bye
strangeways

Post by strangeways »

Brooklyn_Born wrote:Thanks SW! Yeah I'm a huge fan of hers and was in love with her as a kid :P I still spin the soundtrack lp now & then :D Great tunes!
Same here!
Big fan here as well.

Ever see this movie?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caro_diario

It's great!
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

yes i have seen it. I met Nanni Moretti a few times too.
Bye Bye
vvjunkie

Post by vvjunkie »

I had won tickets to a kiss concert with limo ride. I brought my striper friend Kiki. We had front row seats Vinnie had rip his pants on his leg. I kept telling him his pants were rip. My friend Kiki got us back stage she flash the guys at the side of the stage and they let us in. When we were backstage I saw him sitting withEric. I told Vinnie that I am the one who told him his pants was riped he told me thank you my friend Kiki told him that I wanted a pic from him and she pushed me over by him. He said you want this guitar pick I said yeah he said the one in my hand I said yes then he put the guitar pic in his mouth and said come and get it. I was shy then Kiki pushed me to him and I kissed him. When we were finished Paul said well and I stick out my tongue and had the pick on it. Paul said me next and I told paul he was not my type. Needless to say I looked for my friend Kiki and her and Gene came out of the restroom Gene with a smile on his face and Kiki showing me a thumbs up.
If you see me fallen and endless fall
If you hear me calling a never ending call
If you see me bleeding I'm losing control
If you see me dying I'm dying alone.
gonnarock

Post by gonnarock »

A++++++++ Tina. WAY TO GO. :D You are so lucky omg.
come and get it... :twisted: I would have gone to get it too!! :twisted:
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Cool story Tina! What a way to meet Vinnie!
metatron

Post by metatron »

Tina thanx for sharing. :D Think VV probably thanked you for sharing spit. :D
You know that pick is probably worth $1000. With VV DNA probably $2000.
I got Jesus in my fax machine. I saw Ho Chi Minh down @ Burger King. I dated Vinnie Vincent as a Drag Queen. I still don't understand a f**kin' thing.
I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass and I'm all out of bubble gum.
Vdog

Post by Vdog »

Wish I'd seen the Creatures tour, it was a very cool time imo even though sales were poor. I enjoyed personally telling Cusano all about my first time seeing him on the LIU tour and what impact he'd made on a young aspiring guitar player. His responses were really gracious & disarming, but ultimately as time proved, totally insincere.

Anyway, Creatures tour. You're a lucky guy, Strangeways 8)
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

what venue did you see LIU at?
Bye Bye
Vdog

Post by Vdog »

doublev2 wrote:what venue did you see LIU at?
I saw them at Newcastle City Hall in the north of England.
strangeways

Post by strangeways »

Vdog wrote: Anyway, Creatures tour. You're a lucky guy, Strangeways 8)
Indeed I was!

I saw Kiss on the Lick It Up tour in Milwaukee w/Heaven and Vandenberg. Asylum tour in Chicago w/WASP, Crazy Nights tour in Milwaukee w/Ted Nugent, Hot In The Shade tour in Tinley Park (Chicagoland area) w/Faster Pussycat and Slaughter, Revenge tour in Chicago w/Great White and Trixter, and twice on the Reunion tour.
Vdog

Post by Vdog »

strangeways wrote:
Vdog wrote: Anyway, Creatures tour. You're a lucky guy, Strangeways 8)
Indeed I was!

I saw Kiss on the Lick It Up tour in Milwaukee w/Heaven and Vandenberg. Asylum tour in Chicago w/WASP, Crazy Nights tour in Milwaukee w/Ted Nugent, Hot In The Shade tour in Tinley Park (Chicagoland area) w/Faster Pussycat and Slaughter, Revenge tour in Chicago w/Great White and Trixter, and twice on the Reunion tour.
Nice. I saw the CN tour in a tiny theater in Bradford (UK) which was a lot of fun.
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Bradford Eng. is the home of Cinerama one of my all time favourite things in life.
Bye Bye
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

The Crazy Nights tour was there best attended UK tour ever, the rest of the world one of the worst attended (two sold out shows at wembley never equaled before or since) . I saw two dates in 87 and 88 with very low turn out in US.
Bye Bye
Vdog

Post by Vdog »

doublev2 wrote:The Crazy Nights tour was there best attended UK tour ever, the rest of the world one of the worst attended (two sold out shows at wembley never equaled before or since) . I saw two dates in 87 and 88 with very low turn out in US.
Yeah the US tour was not a pretty thing. The Euro one was good fun, much better setlist. The fact that it was a really small venue helped keep the energy up. I remember people dropping from the balcony onto the stage during DRC which led to a stage invasion. They styled it out, but you could see a few panicked looks from the band when it happened. Good times 8)
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Is city hall Newcastle a small venue?
Bye Bye
Vdog

Post by Vdog »

doublev2 wrote:Is city hall Newcastle a small venue?
Capacity for Newcastle City Hall is just over 2000 I think. Bradford St Georges Hall where I saw the CN tour is around 1800. Paul Stanley commented that it was like "playing in someones living room".
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Strange choice of venue when you think they played for 40 thousand in London and Birmingham .
Bye Bye
erg2

Post by erg2 »

One of my brothers insisted that KISS had disbanded during the later 80s. I emailed him some info showing that KISS was still big sellers internationally, but they just couldn't get much support in the U.S.
Open your window and see the real world
To know what you've been missing
Come out of the shadows
Insecurity lies
In a heart afraid to listen
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

They were sleepers in the late 80s. Hot in the shade tour was good maybe because forever and hide your heart had good mtv play and winger and slaughter were opening.
Bye Bye
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

And let's put the x in sex was a huge strip club / titty bar hit. Don't ask how I know this.
Bye Bye
Vdog

Post by Vdog »

doublev2 wrote:Strange choice of venue when you think they played for 40 thousand in London and Birmingham .
Yep, they played The Marquee club too, at the time it was something like a 7/800 person capacity. A real sweaty, but legendary little room. I just think they were trying to fit as many UK dates in as they could after getting a hit here and a good reception at Donnington that year.
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

No Manchester show?
Bye Bye
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

I believe the opened the new marquee after it moved on that your. They played the ritz and limelight in nyc too. small places.
Bye Bye
erg2

Post by erg2 »

I think it's safe to say that most people in the world didn't know/care to know that the unmasked version of KISS wasn't made up of the original members. I have had to provide the unwanted information to probably a DOZEN people that the KISS touring today is not the original members...and those were people that were attending the concerts.

My point is, with people this uneducated and disassociated and uninterested in the info, I think KISS with lack of radio support during the 80s and lack of standard MTV support resulted in an out of sight/out of mind situation.
Open your window and see the real world
To know what you've been missing
Come out of the shadows
Insecurity lies
In a heart afraid to listen
Vdog

Post by Vdog »

doublev2 wrote:I believe the opened the new marquee after it moved on that your.
That's right. It's a real shame it wasn't valued more highly back then. So many big acts either got their break there or played secret gigs under silly names. Hell, they knocked the Cavern club down, the Marquee stood no chance :?
strangeways

Post by strangeways »

Read the story if you dare here @
http://www.kissfaq.com/forum11/viewtopi ... S+Rockford

Thought I'd share this tale with you guys here.

This is a long post so prepare yourself or just skip ahead to the pics! :lol:
My first KISS concert was in Rockford, IL. NYE 1982.
Keep in mind that I had been a Kiss fan since I was a little kid. My first album purchased was Dressed to Kill and I had been a fan ever since.

So for many of my school years as I got older I was smack dab in the middle of Kiss’ roughest spot career wise. In fact, the cry repeatedly went up “KISS sucks” at this time and could you blame my classmates?
After a decade of hard rock gems the band had hit a dry spot and cranked out four solo LPs, one disco (Kissco) LP, a pop album and a concept record ala Jethro Tull or something.
The latter being the straw that broke the camel’s back for most rock fans and so Kiss was sort of left for dead while many newer bands were smack dab at the beginning of their glory years. Bands like Def Leppard, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Motley Crue and Van Halen were cruising right along while even younger bands were taking up the banner of heavy metal as well.

The band had also cut back on touring in America during this period (they only toured in Australia for Unmasked, and no touring for the Elder at all). So imagine my excitement when the band returned to form with the excellent Creatures of the Night album!

Everything about that album screamed Kiss is back! The cover was dark and heavy with the band members eyes set off to pull the average record buyer in. The album itself was a stunner with some of the band’s best material since the Love Gun album. In fact, I was even able to change some minds at my local high school with a few spins of the new album it went from “Kiss sucks,” to “Meh, they’re okay.” And so I could at least hold my head up high once again.

So imagine my surprise when the band announced their tour and the closest date that I could make was in Rockford, IL. On New Year’s Eve!
Amazing!

The rest here @ http://www.kissfaq.com/forum11/viewtopi ... S+Rockford
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Nice! I remember reading that before, a great post.