Vinnie Vincent name trademarked?

General Vinnie Vincent Discussion
AlanF

Vinnie Vincent name trademarked?

Post by AlanF »

OK, has Vincent Cusano trademarked the name Vinnie Vincent?
The reason I ask was a few years ago, a local music show advertised groups that were due to play, and one was advertised as 'Vinny Vincent and the Villains'.
Now THIS excited me, I set the video and waited.......and waited.
The very last act was some British rockabilly act.......called Vinny Vincent, and his groupd was 'the Villains'.
It sure wasn't Mr cusano!
So, has Cusano trademarked the name?
AlanF

Re: Vinnie Vincent name trademarked?

Post by AlanF »

.........or copyrighted the name?
Chances are the KISS corporation has, those shylocks Stanley and Simmons don't miss a trick!
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

http://www.trademarkia.com/vinnie-vincent-76660605.html he has trademarked the writing 'vinnie vincent' . he needs to register the name though to stop a band using it i believe.
Bye Bye
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

http://www.trademarkia.com/vinnie-vincent-86058525.html

weird thing. he has it as Vinnie Vincent I (see I at end)

also this slightly different address http://www.trademarkia.com/vinnie-vincent-86058525.html
Bye Bye
AlanF

Post by AlanF »

Good to see Vinnie get one over Simmons & Co.
Its probably the reason the band I saw was Vinny Vincent was because of the copyright name.
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Yes I think they don't use any vv footage because of this. Kind of fucks vv in a way though.
Bye Bye
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

doublev2 wrote:Yes I think they don't use any vv footage because of this. Kind of fucks vv in a way though.
I will come out and say it---- They don't want to release full Lick It Up shows because the band was firing on all cylinders. Musically and performance-wise , they slay all Kiss lineups.

Vinnie and Paul were just throwing themselves all over that fucking stage.
No wonder they were at each other's throats. Kiss had PASSION X 4 during the Vinnie era.
The friction lent itself to incredible magic. They were competing with each other and the audience was the benefactor. Paul was threatened that someone else in the band could bring it harder than him.
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

poserboy71 wrote:
doublev2 wrote:Yes I think they don't use any vv footage because of this. Kind of fucks vv in a way though.
I will come out and say it---- They don't want to release full Lick It Up shows because the band was firing on all cylinders. Musically and performance-wise , they slay all Kiss lineups.

Vinnie and Paul were just throwing themselves all over that fucking stage.
No wonder they were at each other's throats. Kiss had PASSION X 4 during the Vinnie era.
The friction lent itself to incredible magic. They were competing with each other and the audience was the benefactor. Paul was threatened that someone else in the band could bring it harder than him.

This x 1000!!!!!
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
ankh

Post by ankh »

well,Paul was pissed off about Mark too, thinking he wanted to upstage him.................
“Men are apt to be much more influenced by words than by the actual facts of the surrounding reality.” I.Pavlov

MY YOU TUBE CHANNEL:
http://www.youtube.com/user/mesolimbicn ... sults_main

Lemmy: "Can you hear this horrible sound coming out of my monitors?"
Monitor guy: "No."
Lemmy: "Neither can I.Turn me up!"
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

ankh wrote:well,Paul was pissed off about Mark too, thinking he wanted to upstage him.................
Mark couldn't hold a candle to either of them in style or substance.

ENJOY !!!!

[youtube][/youtube]
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
ankh

Post by ankh »

Judging by what Mark said, Paul once grabbed his arm really tight and stated that Mark should havved stopped tryng to upstage him(Mark was putting on a show, playng guitar behind his back,with his teeth,etc),like pronto.Paul also had the roadies take away his volume pedal.

About his style, i prefer his "magic bullet theory",bad mix and production withstanding.

I would have liked to hear more of the stuff he really liked to play instead of what he did thought it may have sold.
“Men are apt to be much more influenced by words than by the actual facts of the surrounding reality.” I.Pavlov

MY YOU TUBE CHANNEL:
http://www.youtube.com/user/mesolimbicn ... sults_main

Lemmy: "Can you hear this horrible sound coming out of my monitors?"
Monitor guy: "No."
Lemmy: "Neither can I.Turn me up!"
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

ankh wrote:Judging by what Mark said, Paul once grabbed his arm really tight and stated that Mark should havved stopped tryng to upstage him(Mark was putting on a show, playng guitar behind his back,with his teeth,etc),like pronto.Paul also had the roadies take away his volume pedal.

About his style, i prefer his "magic bullet theory",bad mix and production withstanding.

I would have liked to hear more of the stuff he really liked to play instead of what he did thought it may have sold.
I like the Magic Bullet Theory and think that he was really talented. He is definitely not the accomplished writer that Vinnie was but I certainly don't think that he sucked as a writer like some claim. The truth is we have heard very little of his material and the 2 solo albums were really the only things that he had a lot of creative control on and one only had 4 songs on it and I think 2 of those 4 songs were repeated on Magic Bullet Theory.

I think that he was better than he gets credit for and I also like some of "The Keep" songs
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

I think white tiger sounded like a demo but if a great producer had gotten on board it could have had potential. I don't think he was a bad writer. To be honest with great production it could have been close to what yngwie rising force was
Bye Bye
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Hijacking the thread but........ here's Mark shredding on Thrills in the Night in rehearsal. The guy has some Kiss era Vinnie stuff too, including a Zep madly.

[youtube][/youtube]
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Good work. They could have made a dynasty sounding version of this.
Bye Bye
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

Thanks Andrew I really enjoyed that. It is true that he was an improvised spontaneous player that wasn't inclined to play something the same way twice. He just wasn't into working a solo out and sticking with it but would rather play what he spontaneously felt each time. This is definitely not Gene and Paul's preference
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Mark is so fluid but I like his mind when he plays. It's more unique than bruce. To me I buy into the mind of the guitar player which is why I like vv's playing so much. The decisions and direction they go in I love. Mark has something in my opinion. Too bad he may have been effected by drugs.
Bye Bye
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

To me vv and mark were their own people. Bruce I think was too boxed in and a bit generic but he did pull off some great solos from timet time.
Bye Bye
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

All well said and good points Dino!
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

I love the weekends because kev is on here more.
Bye Bye
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

doublev2 wrote:I love the weekends because kev is on here more.
:-) Again perfectly said Dino :-)

LOL :-)
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Get a room you two! :twisted:
Slayer

Post by Slayer »