vinnie and happy days

General Vinnie Vincent Discussion
rocker2000

vinnie and happy days

Post by rocker2000 »

greetings all,

ive read a couple of times brief things about how vinnie was involved with happy days/joanie loves chachie music wise.

anyone seen any more detailed info on what vinnie actually did there and/or any comments hes made on his time during it, ie fondly remembers it or whatever.

i ask being a big fan of the happy days tv show and hell i dont even mind a little joanie loves chachie too.

anyhoo im off to watch pinkie loves fonzie part 1.

:D
Kuron

Re: vinnie and happy days

Post by Kuron »

I always thought the JLC theme song has a Vinnie flair to it. The JLC theme song "You Look at Me" actually dates back to Happy Days Season 8 Episode 12, IIRC. Truly feel like kicking my own ass for even knowing that.

Vinnie was a staff writer. A staff writer for music, would be treated no different than a staff writer for scripts of staff writer for jokes. They would get no credit for their work.

Still, it must have been an amazing experience for Vinnie. All of Vinnie's numerous issues put aside, Vinnie was an amazing songwriter.
Vinnie who?
rocker2000

Post by rocker2000 »

interesting i thought that too re the jlc theme

as a ballad and within the context of the show i think it has a sad tinge about it - the way joanie looks at chachie when shes singing it she looks very into him.. anyhoo enough jlc intro analysis :)

would be cool if their were any pics out of there of vinnie ok the set around that period, tho unlikely i guess given the designation of the job
Kuron

Post by Kuron »

Based on what Scott said on Howard Stern many years back, they were an item back then, but it ended with a lot of hurt on her part.

As a little kid, both shows were great in helping a little musician build a decent musical foundation. The exposure to 50's music in Happy Days was great.
Vinnie who?