Since Vinnie shared a stage with someone he hated ...

General Vinnie Vincent Discussion
Luxor

Since Vinnie shared a stage with someone he hated ...

Post by Luxor »

Could we next see Vinnie play with the legendary Bobby Rock?

Is Mark Slaughter also out of the question?

Vinnie had a long hatred for Bruce because of the numerous lies Bruce made about him (guitars, Revenge etc) but he played with Bruce at CF.

I think a great first step would be Bobby asking Vinnie to guest on a few songs on his new album. I'm not sure how many VVI/KISS tracks Bob will have on it. But Vinnie guesting on that would be something that we all want.
"This whole 'rotation' thing is absolutely meaningless and weird. It's most likely coming from label to save face" - DoubleV
Genebaby
Site Admin

Re: Since Vinnie shared a stage with someone he hated ...

Post by Genebaby »

Vinnie seems to have a very deep seated hatred for those ex-VVI members. He won't allow their pictures to be posted or for them to be talked about on Forums/groups he's on. It was a real problem when he took over the DoubleV forum, the deleting of information relating to those guys and banning of future talk about them.

So I'll be looking to check if hell has frozen over if I hear about anything like that happening.

We are also probably not going to get new music, and will be lucky to get Guitars From Hell released, though that would be nice, it's been a long wait.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
Luxor

Post by Luxor »

That misses the point. He hated Bruce. He shared a stage with them. He hated Gene. Shared a stage a stage with him.

After sharing the stage with the 2 of them, why would anything be out of the question, except maybe Dana.
"This whole 'rotation' thing is absolutely meaningless and weird. It's most likely coming from label to save face" - DoubleV
strangeways
Location: United States of America (Greater Chicagoland area)

Post by strangeways »

Doubtful, but I guess stranger things have happened.
"Stairway to the stars, I think I'll write good health to you." - Albert Bouchard / Richard Meltzer / Donald Roeser
"Vinnie Vincent saved Kiss. It's just too bad he couldn't save himself." - Me
DQIC

Post by DQIC »

Luxor wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 1:27 am Could we next see Vinnie play with the legendary Bobby Rock?

Vinnie had a long hatred for Bruce because of the numerous lies Bruce made about him (guitars, Revenge etc) but he played with Bruce at CF.

I think a great first step would be Bobby asking Vinnie to guest on a few songs on his new album. I'm not sure how many VVI/KISS tracks Bob will have on it. But Vinnie guesting on that would be something that we all want.
I think the issue with your idea is that other Artists aren't scrambling to get Vinnie to play with them. The main impetus for these performances Vinnie has done is Vinnie begging to be included and over promising while under performing. There are a few remaining fans asking for Vinnie shows, but not enough to capture the attention of any serious promotors or collaborators.

As to the portion in bold, I can almost guarantee that Vinnie would be the one to have to ask to be included. I doubt he is on Bobby's wish list right now.
VVArchives

Post by VVArchives »

DQIC wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 1:17 pm
Luxor wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 1:27 am Could we next see Vinnie play with the legendary Bobby Rock?

I think the issue with your idea is that other Artists aren't scrambling to get Vinnie to play with them. The main impetus for these performances Vinnie has done is Vinnie begging to be included and over promising while under performing. There are a few remaining fans asking for Vinnie shows, but not enough to capture the attention of any serious promotors or collaborators.

As to the portion in bold, I can almost guarantee that Vinnie would be the one to have to ask to be included. I doubt he is on Bobby's wish list right now.

I don't agree with that. Bobby has already said he'd play with him. And Bobby is pitching his new album that it includes Vinnie Vincent Invasion songs.

Also, Bobby is very Zen. Not to mention, Bob was still seeing Vinnie during the recording of "Guitars From Hell" & "Revenge"
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Bobby, while an amazing drummer and person, is not "other artists". It's actually Vinnie that wouldn't play with Bobby. Vinnie HATES everyone from VVI days apart from Robert. HATES them with a passion, so the one person that MIGHT play with Vinnie, he won't play with them.

There is nothing else. Vinnie is done.
VVArchives

Post by VVArchives »

Genebaby wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 9:02 am Bobby, while an amazing drummer and person, is not "other artists". It's actually Vinnie that wouldn't play with Bobby. Vinnie HATES everyone from VVI days apart from Robert. HATES them with a passion, so the one person that MIGHT play with Vinnie, he won't play with them.

There is nothing else. Vinnie is done.

Vinnie hated Bruce Kulick but he shared the stage with him. I think that went over your head!

If he'd play with him.... that opens the door for anyone.

And hell, he also made the huge mistake and appeared on podcasts with douchebags etc he hated. At least, he stopped that thankfully. But who would have ever thought he would appear on 3 Sides or some of the other **** ones?!
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Vinnie has a SPECIAL kind of hatred for his ex-VVI bandmates. It's not the same as the squabble he had with Bruce, a guy he hasn't met much or spent much time with. He HATES the other VVI guys with a passion that is now lost in his playing.

It was crazy when we found out he was going to go on 3SOFC as well, considering their history, but they are also people he doesn't know, there is something about the ex-VVI guys that burns different.

Until Vinnie says or does something then that is not on the table. I wouldn't hold your breath, but it's a nice thought that it could happen one day.
pullitt

Post by pullitt »

But will he play guitar over Bobby's drumming? Or make him play along with his drum machine cranked louder than the drums? Or any weird stuff like that? I just bet.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

True. Vinnie would have no interest, sadly, in playing with Bobby, as he is a "gasp" real, live drummer!!! What happened to the drums on the first VVI album is such an abomination. So, so annoyed at what happened to Bobby, and to the drums that were lost for no good reason.