Vinnie in a band playing songs.

General Vinnie Vincent Discussion
drmoorejr

Vinnie in a band playing songs.

Post by drmoorejr »

I was just watching some video of Ace and his band playing some KISS/Comet songs. The vocal performance from Ace wasn't great but the videos were enjoyable because they were playing songs...

Now just imagine if Vinnie had a full band, and performed with a band and maybe a few different vocalists and just played the songs. The guitar solos could be just guitar solos that fit the songs, and no extra shredding. That would be very enjoyable. Do they all have to be Vinnie's songs? No, he could do a Yardbirds song, a Beatles song, and Chuck Berry song, then in between these songs throw in his songs. There is always time to play music, and there is always a path to redemption. If ego was set aside and musicians remembered the songs that inspired them in the first place, they would remember that it was the songs that started it all for them, and the songs are all that matter, not 20 minute guitar shredding exercises that are NOT a part of a song. Vinnie's early songs had no shredding. The song "Over You" has a beautiful solo that fits the song. Anyway, watching the Ace videos and seeing how even though Ace is kinda just getting by with minimal skill on the guitar he still plays the songs and ultimately its the songs that we are paying attention to and singing along to.

Vinnie, without any announcements, secretly get a band together perform some songs (maybe a whole set) record a video and upload to YouTube... and watch the number of views go way up. That's what is needed to get back on track.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Re: Vinnie in a band playing songs.

Post by Genebaby »

Yes, yes, yes, we have been saying this for years!!! Imagining it when he was hiding away, thinking it might happen when he re-emerged, but no, we get bullshit and fals hope every time.

We all want this, but we are never going to get it, sadly. I really thought it might happen at CF, seeing as we were teased with a Vinnie band being in rehearsal and Vinnie promised us verbally the "show of shows" days before. I thought to myself, this has to be it, surely he won't screw us again, as it's very public, and he won't screw over Neil who has paid so much for this to happen and had the tank built.

But no, he happily screwed us all again, smiling like he was delivering the show of shows, but it was not that.

Vinnie showed in Atalanta 2018 (so many years ago now) that he could just pick up an acoustic and play and entertain, and I thought something like that was gonna happen, along with the reunion with Robert that year. But no.

You've hit the nail on the head before, Vinnie just doesn't want to do this. He's lazy, he's crazy. Whatever it is, he's the common denominator about why nothing real has happened. The buck stops with Vinnie and he seems quite content to tease things but not deliver. Playing live and releasing that old album are his big ticket teases.

As you said, Ace is out there doing it. EVERYONE is out there doing it, except Vinnie. He won't use YouTube as he won't get paid like he wants to be for what he's doing. He doesn't see the value in it clearly, he's thinking REALLY old school. Like when Polygram wouldn't give MTV their videos to play "for free", and then all the Polygram artists got left behind at the start of the MTV era. Vinnie is clinging to his stuff like they were, and being left behind.

The only thing he has used YT for was, for some reason, to communicate, in the time before Atlanta.

He SHOULD use YouTube, but try and tell him that.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
drmoorejr

Post by drmoorejr »

Genebaby wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2023 8:29 am
EVERYONE is out there doing it, except Vinnie. He won't use YouTube as he won't get paid like he wants to be for what he's doing. He doesn't see the value in it clearly,

……

He SHOULD use YouTube, but try and tell him that.
Well said.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

I have surely said it before but in an age where music is more free than ever before, in that it's not constrained by multi million corporatations to be recorded and released, where people are producing quality content by the truck load, Vinnie stands out as a non-producer.

It's never been so easy to get your product out there and Vinnie already has a name behind him that all the new artists don't. A name he is eroding the value of every week, but he's still ahead of the game compared to so many, but they are out there doing it, he's not. And he could be, so easily.
pullitt

Post by pullitt »

What I like about watching the Ace shows is the same thing I like about watching any rough live act - there's an element of surprise, possibility of a sudden mood swing, a charming screwup, something to tickle the nerves.

I see Vinnie maybe doing a show with Compressorhead. Those guys don't need paying or be treated with any kind of decency...yet.
drmoorejr

Post by drmoorejr »

pullitt wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2023 7:25 pm What I like about watching the Ace shows is the same thing I like about watching any rough live act - there's an element of surprise, possibility of a sudden mood swing, a charming screwup, something to tickle the nerves.

I see Vinnie maybe doing a show with Compressorhead. Those guys don't need paying or be treated with any kind of decency...yet.
Yes live music and the surprises are what make it real.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

The same with real drums vs machine. We like the humanity in the playing, you would think Vinnie understands this. Would he like to be replaced with a machine playing the notes, but not getting the feel and expression?
drmoorejr

Post by drmoorejr »

Of all the replies form Luxor, why silence on this thread?
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

It is possible of course, but hard to argue against logic.

We want KISS was the chant, and the fans got KISS.

We want Vinnie is the chant, and we don't get Vinnie.

Small private parties are not what we are thinking when we chant, We Want Vinnie.

Nobody around the world is thinking "Yes, Vinnie, endless little high priced parties only in Nashville, you've hit the nail on the head, please keep doing these things, and so far away from me."

Less and less people so now a lower price to hopefully help with numbers, it's all nails in the coffin of his legacy.