Will VV reuntie with KISS @ TRNRHOF induction?

General Vinnie Vincent Discussion
DaBonadono

Will VV reuntie with KISS @ TRNRHOF induction?

Post by DaBonadono »

I was recently reading an interview with Gene Simmons, and they were discussing about how Gene and Paul would reunite with Ace and Peter one last time when KISS is inducted into The Rock & Roll Hall of Fame. How could Vinnie not be included in this? It would only be fair to include every member of KISS? Business in business, right?

KISS = DRAMA

"We are all addicted to music and drama." - DaBonadono
doublev

Re: Will VV reuntie with KISS @ TRNRHOF induction?

Post by doublev »

Technically he was not a member. No contract and they don't like each other so that's the answer. P
doublev

Post by doublev »

I think many people helped kiss like Eddie kramer, bob ezrin, des child, bob Kulick, Neil bogart , vini poncia and vinnie among others that should be included myself, but thats not how it works I don't think.
wolfgang161272

Post by wolfgang161272 »

Vinnie again with KISS? NO WAY EVER!!!!

But Vinnie in ankh makeup with Gene and Paul again? Amazing...but this will be a dream of mine.
doublev

Post by doublev »

Not a chance he ever would be in the same room as kiss again other than the court room.
DaBonadono

Post by DaBonadono »

doublev wrote:Technically he was not a member. No contract and they don't like each other so that's the answer. P
Can't argue with that.
doublev

Post by doublev »

He was kind of a member but not a member. Kind of in limbo a little. I personally think he should get inducted on merit but have too many bad feelings to be routing for him.
DaBonadono

Post by DaBonadono »

"Vincent did appear on the Lick It Up album cover and is credited as the lead guitarist. He also was credited as a co-writer on 8 of the 10 songs on the album." - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vinnie_Vincent

His work with "Creatures", playing Rio, being on MTV during the unmasking. Why would a "non-member" be on the back cover of Kissology II. He was a member. Fuck the legal mumbo jumbo.
doublev

Post by doublev »

Yeah. He was a member but just without a contract. Honestly without a contract you wonder how he got paid at all.
doublev

Post by doublev »

Kiss should have given him a contract . Vinne would have not been able try to sue them quiet as often. I hired someone without a contract and it turned into a nightmare later on.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Wasn't the problem his refusal to sign a contract that he was offered? It may have been "crap" but I'm sure he know how Kiss operated by the time he joined. They were a massive company. New employees don't get access to the executive wash room on their first day.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
doublev

Post by doublev »

its amazing to think kiss let him play and be a member without a contract. any lawyer would advise kiss that they are going to have some problems in the future. i really can not believe vv even got to tour with the band.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Lucky for him he was basically their best and only chance to go out on tour, there was no time to do anything else.

He was around at the right time.
doublev

Post by doublev »

they would not even get insurance these days. i know the creatures tour was a hurry but what surprises me is the lick it up tour. he could have easily quit in the middle of the euro tour and left them in a lot of shit.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

It seems he was "obligated" to do the tour in Europe as he "quit" right after but signed on to do the US as of course they neede him.

Perhaps he signed mini contracts for these things but not to join Kiss fully and oficially?
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

DaBonadono wrote: Why would a "non-member" be on the back cover of Kissology II. He was a member. Fuck the legal mumbo jumbo.
Have you seen copy of it lately? The ones for sale in Oz now have a different back cover with Bruce on it!
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
Fullshed

Post by Fullshed »

doublev wrote:they would not even get insurance these days. i know the creatures tour was a hurry but what surprises me is the lick it up tour. he could have easily quit in the middle of the euro tour and left them in a lot of shit.
I dunno he sounded legally more like a salaried or hourly employee to me that could leave at any time. Just like us regular people, he stuck around for the $$
Into the Spyder's Web I fall!!!!
doublev

Post by doublev »

personally i am amazed they stuck with him for lick it up without a contract.. its proof they thought he was a real amazing talent and they believed that he could really do something good for them.
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

doublev wrote:personally i am amazed they stuck with him for lick it up without a contract.. its proof they thought he was a real amazing talent and they believed that he could really do something good for them.
Too true!
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
DaBonadono

Post by DaBonadono »

doublev wrote:personally i am amazed they stuck with him for lick it up without a contract.. its proof they thought he was a real amazing talent and they believed that he could really do something good for them.
And he did!!!!!! !! KISS still loves to play "I Love it Loud" and "Lick it Up". (Q.) Why in the hell would they still play songs written almost 3 decades ago by a person they don't like? (A.) Because those are perfect songs for KISS to play, and they are legendary anthems.

Could've been..............