Kiss and Vinnie - A Monster of a reunion?

General Vinnie Vincent Discussion
JAGkiss1996

Kiss and Vinnie - A Monster of a reunion?

Post by JAGkiss1996 »

what do you think?
LiamH2K12

Re: who do you think is the best kiss drummer

Post by LiamH2K12 »

Realistically maybe for writing songs but the best thing to happen would be if he was their lead guitarist again and if not that he does an invasion reunion.
JAGkiss1996

Post by JAGkiss1996 »

That would be good but i don't think it will happen but he could do a invasion reunion. 8)
Last edited by JAGkiss1996 on Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
LiamH2K12

Post by LiamH2K12 »

True there current line-up is great and for the invasion reunion they should go with the original lead singer not the slaughter guy.
JAGkiss1996

Post by JAGkiss1996 »

I agree and the lineup is amazing and lets hope the next album is a "MONSTER" 8) :lol:
Last edited by JAGkiss1996 on Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
gonnarock

Post by gonnarock »

LiamH2K12 wrote:True there current line-up is great and for the invasion reunion they should go with the original lead singer not the slaughter guy.
Definately use Robert Flesichman as the lead singer because he had the better voice I think. I love both Invasion albums but the first one is just a masterpiece to me.
LiamH2K12

Post by LiamH2K12 »

I agree and yes the new KISS album will be a monster :)
gonnarock

Post by gonnarock »

LiamH2K12 wrote:I agree and yes the new KISS album will be a monster :)
I am fascinated with this. Could you elaborate a little more about the KISS album? Do you think Vinnie is going to be a songwriter on it?
LiamH2K12

Post by LiamH2K12 »

No I highly doubt it but from what Gene, Paul, Tommy and Eric tell us the new KISS album is something to get hyped up about.
gonnarock

Post by gonnarock »

LiamH2K12 wrote:No I highly doubt it but from what Gene, Paul, Tommy and Eric tell us the new KISS album is something to get hyped up about.
It could be their way of trying to promote it. Or maybe...Reunion again?
LiamH2K12

Post by LiamH2K12 »

No I think it's a safe bet that Paul, Gene, Eric and Tommy will stick together for the monster album and tour. But maybe they might do a reunion again but if they ever do it it should be soon.
JAGkiss1996

Post by JAGkiss1996 »

It would be good to see a reunion
gonnarock

Post by gonnarock »

JAGkiss1996 wrote:It would be good to see a reunion
With everyone there that could be there.
JAGkiss1996

Post by JAGkiss1996 »

yeah that would be so good if that happened
gonnarock

Post by gonnarock »

JAGkiss1996 wrote:yeah that would be so good if that happened
It really would be. Maybe someday it will, maybe not for this tour, but what if KISS got inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall Of Fame? Maybe Vinnie would be at the induction ceremony? :D
LiamH2K12

Post by LiamH2K12 »

gonnarock wrote:
JAGkiss1996 wrote:yeah that would be so good if that happened
It really would be. Maybe someday it will, maybe not for this tour, but what if KISS got inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall Of Fame? Maybe Vinnie would be at the induction ceremony? :D
That would be awesome and they should show a video tribute to Eric Carr and Mark st John. :)
doublev2

Re: Kiss and Vinnie - A Monster of a reunion?

Post by doublev2 »

Zero chance and I mean zero kiss will work with vinnie again and zero chance he will be in rock n roll hall of fame. Suing kiss about every year has ruined any chances for vinnie. It's not even a slim posibility . we all have a much better chance of joining or working with kiss than vinnie does.
Bye Bye
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

That's about right. Kiss is SOOOOO successful they don't need to even entertain the idea of working with Vinnie again, whether it be songwriting (which would rule) or playing live together again (also rule).

Plus, I'm not even sure Vinnie could be in the same room with Gene and Paul he seems to hate them so much these days.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Also they would get sued as soon as they parted ways. It's just not to be.
Bye Bye
gonnarock

Post by gonnarock »

If KISS as a whole band got inducted into the Rock N' Roll Hall Of Fame, Vinnie would be inducted too underneath the KISS title. As would every past and present member of the band. That is just the way that the RNR Hall Of Fame works. Vinnie might not be singled out or even recognised, but as a "member" of KISS Vinnie would have the title of being in the RNR Hall Of Fame. This is true. Now the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame is very flaky because they don't induct people if the owner is not a fan, and he is not a fan of KISS. But I suspect that after all of the owner's favorite bands are in there, he will have no choice but to go back over other bands he left out.
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Merky because kiss say he never had a contract so he was never in the band , obviously he was but as far as the law sees it bob kulick and Gary Corbett were equal to vinnie .
Bye Bye
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

I am almost certain gene would decline to go into the rock n roll hall of fame if vv's name was anywhere near his. It's not like kiss need this anyway.
Bye Bye
gonnarock

Post by gonnarock »

doublev2 wrote:Merky because kiss say he never had a contract so he was never in the band , obviously he was but as far as the law sees it bob kulick and Gary Corbett were equal to vinnie .
Yes this is why I put member in quotes. I think technically he was a member, I think a member of KISS would be a member who had his own custom makeup, played on two albums, co-wrote quite a few songs and played before KISS biggest audience (Rio 1983) but then again who knows. There could be some sort of behind the scenes things. I don't know. But I would say in my opinion that Vinnie was most definately a member of KISS.
You are right that KISS would not need the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame. I was just speaking in terms of a metaphorical reunion. That could be the only way that Vinnie would be able to share the same stage with them again. But you are right to say that it would probably never happen.
VVV

Post by VVV »

JAGkiss1996 wrote:what do you think?
G & P would rather place a loaded pistol in their mouths, especially in light of the recent "news" regarding VV imho.
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Yes I get what you say.
I think the two things they can not hide are the credits in the lick it up album and the tour programmes. They could argue the rest like he was a session musician but its in black and white on the lick it up cover plus various interviews they refer to him as an ex member.
Bye Bye
gonnarock

Post by gonnarock »

doublev2 wrote:Yes I get what you say.
I think the two things they can not hide are the credits in the lick it up album and the tour programmes. They could argue the rest like he was a session musician but its in black and white on the lick it up cover plus various interviews they refer to him as an ex member.
That is true too. I think with KISS trying to say that Vinnie wasn't a "member" is just their way of trying to justify something. Their relationship didn't work so its sort of like they are just trying to pretend it didn't happen, but its hard to hide a platinum album under the rug.
PinkWiz

Post by PinkWiz »

I don't get why everybody always makes a big deal outta the rock n roll hall of shame, er uh, fame. At this point it has been proven a joke... just a couple of people who got together and decided that their taste in music were what mattered... leaving out the public opinion. So a couple people go in a back room and jerk each other off about which band they deem more important? Give me a fuckin break. If people would just ignore it, it wouldn't matter anyway. Went there when I lived in Cleveland back in '02 and it was a big joke. Not to mention that most of the artist included are not rock. Then Metallica being inducted before KISS or Alice Cooper?! KISS influenced Metallica and obviously existed 10 years before them! :roll:
PinkWiz

Post by PinkWiz »

And regarding Vinnie doing anything with KISS again... not a chance. Hell, he's not even allowed to move back in with his wife, more less KISS.
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

kiss would hire a member of the Taliban before Vinnie.
Bye Bye
Vdog

Post by Vdog »

I remember making these VV reunion with Kiss threads at the FAQ and getting berated for it a few years back. Totally unrealistic, but about the only way Kiss could get their teeth back imo. In reality Kiss are having a hassle free trip towards retirement, I don't think they'd swap that easy ride for anything. The cash is rolling in, nobody gives them a headache and life is simple. The ex musician Cusano is totally unemployable these days anywho.
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

I thought it would be interesting if s famous guitar player joined kiss like Vai .
Bye Bye
ankh

Post by ankh »

Vai considered to play with Kiss but the he thought DLR was a better career move ;).Yngwie was contacted by them too.
Funny how the man Dana- who was offered 5 grand by Paul to find a suitable replacement inbetween the euro and american LIU tour- suggested as a Vinnie replacement didn't get any recognition( Kevin carlson from Aldo Nova's band).

Kiss at the time offered the spot to Jack starr and Mick mard, they both did refuse(accordding to Enfer magazine)
“Men are apt to be much more influenced by words than by the actual facts of the surrounding reality.” I.Pavlov

MY YOU TUBE CHANNEL:
http://www.youtube.com/user/mesolimbicn ... sults_main

Lemmy: "Can you hear this horrible sound coming out of my monitors?"
Monitor guy: "No."
Lemmy: "Neither can I.Turn me up!"
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

And ace said they asked him back after euro Liu tour.
Bye Bye
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

gonnarock wrote:If KISS as a whole band got inducted into the Rock N' Roll Hall Of Fame, Vinnie would be inducted too underneath the KISS title. As would every past and present member of the band. That is just the way that the RNR Hall Of Fame works...
With respect, YOU ARE SO WRONG.
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

The names vinnie Vincent and kiss will never be seen together ever again. Like I said a member of the Taliban has mire chance of being seen with kiss than vinnie . Gene would not stand for it.
Bye Bye
Streetbeat

Post by Streetbeat »

they will seen together at the court
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

I doubt kiss even show up.
Bye Bye
Streetbeat

Post by Streetbeat »

lawyers then
PinkWiz

Post by PinkWiz »

ankh wrote:Vai considered to play with Kiss but the he thought DLR was a better career move ;).Yngwie was contacted by them too.
Funny how the man Dana- who was offered 5 grand by Paul to find a suitable replacement inbetween the euro and american LIU tour- suggested as a Vinnie replacement didn't get any recognition( Kevin carlson from Aldo Nova's band).

Kiss at the time offered the spot to Jack starr and Mick mard, they both did refuse(accordding to Enfer magazine)

I could imagine Eddie Ojeda or Randy Piper in KISS myself.

Kevin Carlson would've fit in (looks a little like St. John) and Jack Starr too. Vai could've worked for a little while I guess as he did in Whitesnake. But especially Mick Mars (the whole blues inspired thingy like Ace) would've worked in KISS. But Malmsteen? Not so much. I guess if they would've toned down his playing and dyed his hair black, maybe... but Gene never would've gotten past Yngwie's accent... not "tough New Yorker" enough.
:roll:
jesternjeff

Post by jesternjeff »

People get so into a reunited idea but, really Vinnie should just start a new band !!! What is this guys problem ????
metatron

Post by metatron »

jesternjeff wrote:People get so into a reunited idea but, really Vinnie should just start a new band !!! What is this guys problem ????
Where do u want to start :?:
I got Jesus in my fax machine. I saw Ho Chi Minh down @ Burger King. I dated Vinnie Vincent as a Drag Queen. I still don't understand a f**kin' thing.
I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass and I'm all out of bubble gum.
gonnarock

Post by gonnarock »

poserboy71 wrote:
gonnarock wrote:If KISS as a whole band got inducted into the Rock N' Roll Hall Of Fame, Vinnie would be inducted too underneath the KISS title. As would every past and present member of the band. That is just the way that the RNR Hall Of Fame works...
With respect, YOU ARE SO WRONG.
At least...YOU GIVE ME RESPECT. :wink:
PinkWiz

Post by PinkWiz »

gonnarock wrote:If KISS as a whole band got inducted into the Rock N' Roll Hall Of Fame, Vinnie would be inducted too underneath the KISS title. As would every past and present member of the band. That is just the way that the RNR Hall Of Fame works. .

Believe me when I say Vinnie would be stuck outside with all the fanboys holding "KISS We Love You" signs... dude probably wouldn't even be allowed on the property.
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Maybe this???? :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sorry Tom, Vinnie and TJ!!! :oops: :oops: :oops:
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
metatron

Post by metatron »

Above all, KISS don't need VV or want him for anything. They own all the rights to the stuff he did with KISS anyways. And if KISS can justify excluding Bruce from the current line up. (Remembering that Bruce was a good Solider & obeyed Paul & Gene's every instruction to a tee) Then why would they want VV at the RNR Hall Of Fame. If anything only Gene & Paul would be the only ones there. Right now KISS is Gene & Paul.
I got Jesus in my fax machine. I saw Ho Chi Minh down @ Burger King. I dated Vinnie Vincent as a Drag Queen. I still don't understand a f**kin' thing.
PinkWiz

Post by PinkWiz »

Gene, Paul, Peter, Ace, Bruce, Eric and Tommy would all be there with dedications to Carr and St. John. Gene has said that Vinnie isn't considered an official member...
erg2

Post by erg2 »

It was posted earlier. KISS is on a slow boat to retirement. They have a business, team and process now and it works with few hiccups. I predict MONSTER will be as good as SONIC BOOM. (I liked a lot of it and it was closer to the classic KISS sound than anything since the originals.) They will tour. Take a break. Record another album and tour again. Then they will either break up OR do what they've said for the longest time and replace Gene and Paul. With a "new" KISS that is officially sanctioned, it will become the BLUE MAN GROUP of concerts. There will be NO new albums unless written, produced and marketed by Gene and Paul.
It won't be about music, it will be about the touring show...which Gene and Paul will get a large cut of each performance.

That is my prediction. It only includes Vinnie Vincent in that LICK IT UP will be played in concert and appear on future greatest hits compilations.
Open your window and see the real world
To know what you've been missing
Come out of the shadows
Insecurity lies
In a heart afraid to listen
PinkWiz

Post by PinkWiz »

^^^^^what he said.^^^^^
metatron

Post by metatron »

Yep,,, that's about it.
That's a pretty accurate time line.
Like Sigue Sigue Sputnik, the next generation...More like Star Trek, the next Generation.
[youtube][/youtube]
These KISS pro-types will have to battle it out in all New Reality TV show. ''KISS, the Next Masturbation"
(Notice there are no Ankh designs. mmmmmh....)
PinkWiz

Post by PinkWiz »

metatron wrote:Yep,,, that's about it.
That's a pretty accurate time line.
Like Sigue Sigue Sputnik, the next generation...More like Star Trek, the next Generation.

SIGUE SIGUE SPUTNIK? HELL YEAH! They sucked musically but looked so damn cool it didn't matter! :D